Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Background checks are literally just a distraction.
    Just about every shooter bought the gun they used through legal means.
    The gun show loopholes are a distraction. Can you think of a mass shooter that bought their gun at a gun show?

Assault rifles are a distractive talking point. The same damage can be done with your average 9mm.

Even if all 3 of these things were fixed we'd still have mass shootings.

My suggestion is to regulate guns the same way we do vehicles.

1. Require a license to own a gun they must be renewed at least on a biannual basis.

2. Require liability insurance to own a gun.

3. As a condition of the license and insurance a thorough examination by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist must be completed. Any diagnosis such as bipolar, depression, anxiety etc would disqualify you.

Insurance companies would be required to have access to your social media to review in setting your monthly premiums.

4. Require registration on guns that must be renewed on an annual basis.

You could not buy and pick up a gun until you present paperwork for all of the above being completed. Once you get the gun the initial registration is completed.

5. Failure to register annually would result in fines. The fines would increase in amount if not paid. If that fines go unpaid you would not be able to renew vehicle registration or driver's license.

You would be given a choice of paying the fines or giving up your firearms and having the fines dismissed!

You then cannot buy a firearm again for 2 years!

None of this precludes you from having a gun.
    It just makes sure that you are safe to have it. It makes sure that they are properly tracked.

Having to go through such means to obtain a firearm would almost certainly ensure that a person thinking of a mass shooting either doesn't get the gun or having to go through all these steps I'll call him to back off the idea.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most places do have strict regulations. The places with the most are often the areas that see the most gun issues because it is next to impossible to obtain a gun legally.

I feel like this is by design. When you have an area where people have to jump through hoops, pay huge fees, and get told they don't qualify, they don't bother and criminals who get their guns illegally know which spots people are most likely to not own guns because of this. Just imagine if more good people had protection. Criminals would be taking a huge risk.

I saw a story about a woman who had a legal carrying permit. A dude opened fire in a crowd of people and she shot and killed him before he could hurt anyone, protecting everyone around her. This was the same day that dude shot up the school.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most places do have strict regulations. The places with the most are often the areas that see the most gun issues because it is next to impossible to obtain a gun legally.

I feel like this is by design. When you have an area where people have to jump through hoops, pay huge fees, and get told they don't qualify, they don't bother and criminals who get their guns illegally know which spots people are most likely to not own guns because of this. Just imagine if more good people had protection. Criminals would be taking a huge risk.

I saw a story about a woman who had a legal carrying permit. A dude opened fire in a crowd of people and she shot and killed him before he could hurt anyone, protecting everyone around her. This was the same day that dude shot up the school.
    Of course there is always that argument that criminals don't obey the law and will get guns illegally.

Okay let's go with that.

It's not like someone is in the hood on the corner selling guns illegally. If right now you were to want to buy a gun illegally would you know where to go. Probably not.

Most of these mass shooters aren't just regular criminals or even involved in the criminal life. They are regular people who had a psychotic break.

The issue is when they have that break they can get a gun pretty quickly with minimal steps.

Even if they get it illegally it's a bit of a inconvenience and maybe they get caught or it is so difficult to find someone to get it from that they just change their mind.

Nothing is 100%. It's just to try something to make it inconvenient for a person having a psychotic break from just getting a gun easily.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All those regulations would basically lock Black people out of legal firearm ownership. Wayyy too many points in the system that can fail for us and disqualify us. An insurance company could hop on 6ZEROS and disqualify us all from insurance because we’re “Black identify extremists “. I think it can work if Black Americans have some other oversight commission with teeth like Marcel Dixon talks about, the Freedman’s Bureau.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Background checks are literally just a distraction.
    Just about every shooter bought the gun they used through legal means.
    The gun show loopholes are a distraction. Can you think of a mass shooter that bought their gun at a gun show?

Assault rifles are a distractive talking point. The same damage can be done with your average 9mm.

Even if all 3 of these things were fixed we'd still have mass shootings.

My suggestion is to regulate guns the same way we do vehicles.

1. Require a license to own a gun they must be renewed at least on a biannual basis.

2. Require liability insurance to own a gun.

3. As a condition of the license and insurance a thorough examination by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist must be completed. Any diagnosis such as bipolar, depression, anxiety etc would disqualify you.

Insurance companies would be required to have access to your social media to review in setting your monthly premiums.

4. Require registration on guns that must be renewed on an annual basis.

You could not buy and pick up a gun until you present paperwork for all of the above being completed. Once you get the gun the initial registration is completed.

5. Failure to register annually would result in fines. The fines would increase in amount if not paid. If that fines go unpaid you would not be able to renew vehicle registration or driver's license.

You would be given a choice of paying the fines or giving up your firearms and having the fines dismissed!

You then cannot buy a firearm again for 2 years!

None of this precludes you from having a gun.
    It just makes sure that you are safe to have it. It makes sure that they are properly tracked.

Having to go through such means to obtain a firearm would almost certainly ensure that a person thinking of a mass shooting either doesn't get the gun or having to go through all these steps I'll call him to back off the idea.
    I love all of this but White Supremacy is going to ensure that white killers can get passed all the steps.

“Nazi flags on social profile”….mmm he’s simply a WW2 enthusiast.

“N1gger written on his wall”…typical teenage angst.

Failed to register…”ahhhh things happen sometime give him a break”

The problem is a racist sick system.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All those regulations would basically lock Black people out of legal firearm ownership. Wayyy too many points in the system that can fail for us and disqualify us. An insurance company could hop on 6ZEROS and disqualify us all from insurance because we’re “Black identify extremists “. I think it can work if Black Americans have some other oversight commission with teeth like Marcel Dixon talks about, the Freedman’s Bureau.
    Well if that's true wouldn't black people get locked out of vehicle ownership?

I'm not saying that the system isn't racist. Just that I don't forsee that they could openly be that racist with a major system without consequences.

If nothing else the insurance companies would lose business by being racist!

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love all of this but White Supremacy is going to ensure that white killers can get passed all the steps.

Such a failure to flag would make then liable for wrongful death in court.
    That's the purpose of requiring insurance is it up the insurance fails to act on obvious issues then you can sue them.

It's no different than the insurance company that would give insurance to someone who has multiple DUIs. That's why these people require to have SR-22s insurance which is insanely expensive.

If the insurance company knows the giving a person who's dangerous a gun is going to cost them money in the end they aren't going to be so willing to just overlook stuff.

The one thing that gets close to overtaking racism, It doesn't overtake it but definitely makes people think twice, is money.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We know that a lot of the mass shooters and murderers can suffer from depression, anxiety, bipolar, etc. However, people with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and similar issues should be able to protect themselves too. Not every depressed and mentally imperfect person out here is a damn criminal or bloodthirsty, and not every criminal is crazy or mentally ill (they're just evil).

I'm not saying every single person with a mental problem should get a gun. If someone (and I mean anyone, regardless of mental health status) absolutely proves to have huge high risk behavior and made open death threats before (ex: threatening to shoot up schools or public places), then they should not be able to get a gun (or their guns should be consfiscated). I'm saying that I don't think it's fair to block all people with mental problems from getting a gun in order to protect themselves. People with mental illness, mental disorders, and mental health issues are constant misjudged to the point where you got people out here mistaking and conflating actual evil with mental illness. I do think there can be ways to help monitor and look out for people with mental health issues if they have or live in a house with a gun or more. Any law-abiding citizen and person with prior, but very distant criminal history who has successfully changed their life around should have access to self-defense and self-protection, including guns.

Many if not most people in this society, especially nowadays, has experienced or is experiencing some form of depression, anxiety, or our mental health issue. And in this anti-Black racist, oppressive society, most Black people are suffering from some form of PTSD, depression, trauma, anxiety, etc. However, most of us are law-abiding citizens and are not out here gunning down people left and right despite what the racist, lying ass media wants us to believe.

What really needs to happen is the courts need to stop pulling qnd abusing the "mentally ill" card when it comes to these criminals (examples: Payton Gendron, Ethan Crumbley, etc). These mass shooters, terrorists, and cold-blooded murderers are evil and made the conscious choice to be and do evil, whether they actually have mental health issues or not. These demons can get all the mental help they need in prison and while waiting to be legally executed.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We know that a lot of the mass shooters and murderers can suffer from depression, anxiety, bipolar, etc. However, people with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and similar issues should be able to protect themselves too. Not every depressed and mentally imperfect person out here is a damn criminal or bloodthirsty, and not every criminal is crazy or mentally ill (they're just evil).

I'm not saying every single person with a mental problem should get a gun. If someone (and I mean anyone, regardless of mental health status) absolutely proves to have huge high risk behavior and made open death threats before (ex: threatening to shoot up schools or public places), then they should not be able to get a gun (or their guns should be consfiscated). I'm saying that I don't think it's fair to block all people with mental problems from getting a gun in order to protect themselves due to constant misjudging. I do think there can be ways to help monitor and look out for people with mental health issues if they have or live in a house with a gun or more. Any law-abiding citizen and person with prior, but very distant criminal history who has successfully changed their life around should have access to self-defense and self-protection, including guns.

Many if not most people in this society, especially nowadays, has experienced or is experiencing some form of depression, anxiety, or our mental health issue. And in this anti-Black racist, oppressive society, most Black people are suffering from some form of PTSD, depression, trauma, anxiety, etc. However, most of us are law-abiding citizens and are not out here gunning down people left and right despite what the racist, lying ass media wants us to believe.

What really needs to happen is the courts need to stop pulling qnd abusing the "mentally ill" card when it comes to these criminals (examples: Payton Gendron, Ethan Crumbley, etc). These mass shooters, terrorists, and cold-blooded murderers are evil and made the conscious choice to be and do evil, whether they actually have mental health issues or not. These demons can get all the mental help they need in prison and while waiting to be legally executed.
    No, and that would be for the mental health physician to determine if the person is safe or not.

If those mental health disorders rose to a level that the person is unsafe to themselves or others then they be disqualified from having the weapon.

I'm not saying that the suggestions are making a perfect but it's better than what we're getting right now which is nothing.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No, and that would be for the mental health physician to determine if the person is safe or not.

If those mental health disorders rose to a level that the person is unsafe to themselves or others then they be disqualified from having the weapon.

I'm not saying that the suggestions are making a perfect but it's better than what we're getting right now which is nothing.
    Can you please explain what you disagree with in my post?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well if that's true wouldn't black people get locked out of vehicle ownership?

I'm not saying that the system isn't racist. Just that I don't forsee that they could openly be that racist with a major system without consequences.

If nothing else the insurance companies would lose business by being racist!
    Why would they lock us out of car ownership? They need us to drive to their corporations to trade our time for money. If they take our cars it directly hurts them. Also hurts lending and auto company profits. The motivation to lock is out of gun ownership is to stop us from being able to defend ourselves.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm just going to say it. A lot of us have mental issues with the stress and effects of living and surviving under white supremacy and for cost or other reasons, have no proper access to the right clinical, healing or behavioral therapy. If we don't pass the psychological requirements to get a gun, how do you suggest we defend ourselves?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I'm just going to say it. A lot of us have mental issues with the stress and effects of living and surviving under white supremacy and for cost or other reasons, have no proper access to the right clinical, healing or behavioral therapy. If we don't pass the psychological requirements to get a gun, how do you suggest we defend ourselves?
    Just like we did back in the day. Go see Lenny. If he ain't got it, there ain't any! 💯

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Can you please explain what you disagree with in my post?
    I don't think it's so much that I disagree. It's just that I see it from the point of view of someone who has worked with patients that have mental illness. It's pretty difficult to argue that a person that guns down a school full of children isn't mentally ill. The only other explanation would be that they are just pure evil. And that could be the case but I just believe the former is more true.

I'm not saying that every person with a mental health diagnosis is automatically disqualified necessarily. However these diagnosis would be something to consider when the physician gives a yes or no. I would even be for these diagnosis having a bit higher insurance premiums.

The only drawback I see is that this system could possibly cause people to not seek mental health care for fear of being d/q from owning a gun or having higher premiums.

But the way I see it is that they aren't getting care now anyway because we have a shitty healthcare system in America. The well to do have health insurance and can get care. The poor are left to fend for themselves and can only go to the emergency room which they can't affords to pay and that just runs the premiums up for those that can pay. When it comes to mental health people just neglect it because either they can't afford it or because they don't care.

Either way the result is the same. Massacres carried out on the regular!

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Yep just more excuses on top of excuses, loophole after loophole, picking and choosing what to accept and reject as evidence, and picking and choosing when and when not to enforce the laws on the book.

Spamming "N1GGER N1GGER N1GGER N1GGER N1GGER" and disgusting, uncouth, gruesome pictures of Black people (including dead Black bodies and photoshopped pictures) online and in chat rooms along with spewing outright dangerous anti-Black racist rhetoric and ideologies are always dismissed as "freedom of speech", "freedom of expression", "kids being kids", "edgy", "edgelords being edgelords", "teenage angst", "facts", "truth", "memes", "jokes", "fun", "Internet culture", "trolling", and even "ironic racism."

Yes, they see it as "ironic racism", which they claim is harmless and innocent. They claim "ironic racists" aren't actually racist and even see racism as wrong, but they just love saying the n-word and "pretending" to be racist. You know, like racist ass Phil Anselmo of metal band Pantera, racist ass Joe Rogan, and racist ass Eric Clayton. Truth be told, both ironic racists and casual racists are one in the same. They are both actual racists that refuse to admit they are racist and refuse to see themselves as the racists they actually are. They often hide their racism behind racist "humor" and their Black "friends."

Do you really see Phil Anselmo screaming "White Power" on stage while doing a Nazi salute as lighthearted, edgelord, "ironic racism?"
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVaUlXfvOHg

Oh but but, he hates everyone equally and it was the wine that made him racist and say that though!!
    Yep, just like the Ambien made Roseanne Barr racist.

Phil Anselmo's response:
    Ok folks, I’ll own this one, but dammit, I was joking, and the ‘inside joke of the night’ was because we were drinking f—ing white wine,” he writes. “Of all f—ing things. Some of y’all need to thicken up your skin. There’s plenty of f—ers to pick on with a more realistic agenda. I f—ing love everyone, I f—ing loathe everyone, and that’s that. No apologies from me.

Do you really Eric Clayton saying this isn't racist either?
    "Jamil shared a screengrab of a transcript of the moment an "extremely drunk" Clapton asked "foreigners" at a 1976 show to raise their hands before suggesting they "should all leave." Not just leave the hall, leave our country... I don't want you here, in the room or in my country," he said in part. The Black w—s and c—s and Arabs and f—ing Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here," Clapton added on stage then, using blatant racist slurs. "This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any Black w—s and c—s living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome." The rant went on as he called England "a white country" made "for white people.""

Eric Clayton's response:
    I was so ashamed of who I was, a kind of semi-racist, which didn’t make sense. Half of my friends were black, I dated a black woman and I championed black music.” — Eric Clapton
    Oh bu but, Eric Clayton was drunk and made a song with Babyface years later!!

You see, the likes of 4chan, 8chan, reddit, Encyclopedia Dramatica, 9gag, TikTok, Twitter, the YouTube comment section, Facebook, etc help facilitate and encourage the circulation of hateful anti-Black racist ideologies as well as targeted attacks and mass confusion while claiming to be mere "trolls for lulz", "edgelords", "ironic racists", anything. Even blatant legitimate racism is often dismissed as mere "trolling", "jokes", "ironic racism" and "edgelord" behavior. And if you are ever victim of severe targeted harassment, abuse, and death threats by these POS from these sites, no one will believe you and you will be told to get over it, that there is nothing anyone can do, and to stop being sensitive.

This racist ass society is never going to shut down 4chan and 8chan despite these 2 sites being directly linked to multiple massacres worldwide because law enforcement (including the CIA and FBI) and government are all in on it. They claim they will crack down on social media platforms spreading hate in the wake of the recent massacres and racist terrorist attacks, but they won't. They will just continue banning Black people on Twitter and elsewhere even more than they do just for us standing up to and opposing our open enemies.

I don't think it's so much that I disagree. It's just that I see it from the point of view of someone who has worked with patients that have mental illness. It's pretty difficult to argue that a person that guns down a school full of children isn't mentally ill. The only other explanation would be that they are just pure evil. And that could be the case but I just believe the former is more true.

I'm not saying that every person with a mental health diagnosis is automatically disqualified necessarily. However these diagnosis would be something to consider when the physician gives a yes or no. I would even be for these diagnosis having a bit higher insurance premiums.

The only drawback I see is that this system could possibly cause people to not seek mental health care for fear of being d/q from owning a gun or having higher premiums.

But the way I see it is that they aren't getting care now anyway because we have a shitty healthcare system in America. The well to do have health insurance and can get care. The poor are left to fend for themselves and can only go to the emergency room which they can't affords to pay and that just runs the premiums up for those that can pay. When it comes to mental health people just neglect it because either they can't afford it or because they don't care.

Either way the result is the same. Massacres carried out on the regular!
    Well they are as evil as they are mentally ill then. In this racist ass society, whenever a white individual murders, abuses, or rapes people, they always use things such as "mental illness", "he's just a kid and has his whole life ahead of him", and "lone wolf syndrome" as excuses to let them off the hook and give them light sentences.

Meanwhile, they lock up and give life and death sentences to legitimately mentally ill Black people like no tomorrow. They do never, ever make any excuses or pull the "mentally ill" card for Black people who commit heinous crimes.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Think about how bad gun regulation would be if they got more strict with it for white people. Everything put into law that is bad for white people is 10 times worse for black people. Just remember that. We need to make sure we do not let the government start pushing through more BS. We have a mental health crisis, not a school shooting crisis. If guns were not easily obtainable, they would just find another way to cause harm.