The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Premier League Run In

Terrymist

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Still only a few points separating the top 3. Manchester City are still the favourites. RCNAL you mentioned on a different thread if I think they will win the title. Rather not root for any of them truth be told.
    What are your thoughts on who will win the title? What twists and turns are 6ers expecting?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    City are a juggernaut. They have won 5 of the last 6 titles. They have the most money and so the biggest squad. They have also been found guilty of violating the FFP (Financial Fair Play) rules.

Expecting any other team to compete with them is a bit unfair. They got bought by a sugar daddy who can and have outspent everyone. The EPL may as well be the Bundesliga (this season notwithstanding with Leverkusen). Or the SPL with Celtic, even though Rangers are up there as well. When you have a club like Liverpool get 98 points I think and still lose the title, its a one club league. In previous years you rarely had a team get 90 plus and not win the league.

The league is a one team league if we are honest. And its all due to money. City could possibly have been plying their trade in the Championship division without that money.

Arsenal are doing extremely well competing this far. Pre City money, a title chase included draws and losses. With City, you need perfection.

I don't think Arsenal will win at Man Utd. Good years or bad for Man Utd , Arsenal have a terrible record of winning at Old Trafford. They can get a draw, but a win is always tough for Arsenal there and Anfield. Just one of those things. Arsenal has gotten a league win at Old Trafford I think once in the last 15 or 20 years. And there have been some very bad Man Utd sides in that time including Moyes and Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

Not winning the title for Arsenal is no shame. Having the title chase go into May is a huge achievement.

I think Arsenal will have a very tough time at Bournemouth. Bournemouth have been quietly doing well. They have only lost once in the league since March. And haven't lost at home since February.

I do think if Arsenal gets a number 6 holding midfielder, and a proper number 9, they can win it next season if City has the same kind of season next year or their penalty kicks in which will undoubtedly include a point deduction if Everton are anything to go by and they had far less violations.

Ironically enough Spurs could get Arsenal a title if they beat City at home. And they have a very good record against City at home. A draw will mean Arsenal needs to win all the games and win on point differential and I don't think they can win all the games.