The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

“What are we?”

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Shit, whoever needs to have the relationship defined should ask. Like if you in a situationship and want to be exclusive then you need to put yo big boy or girl pants on and demand that y'all define what yall have. too many people be in these "engagements" and then be assuming what it is without talking to the one they dating then got the nerve to be heartbroken when they find out feelings aint mutual. Closed moufs don't get fed

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Shit, whoever needs to have the relationship defined should ask. Like if you in a situationship and want to be exclusive then you need to put yo big boy or girl pants on and demand that y'all define what yall have. too many people be in these "engagements" and then be assuming what it is without talking to the one they dating then got the nerve to be heartbroken when they find out feelings aint mutual. Closed moufs don't get fed

This is me all day. If I want you I'm going to be the one that asks to make it exclusive. I'm not leaving anything to chance or to fate..."yo, I want you out the game...you getting on the train or not?"

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

Alright, imagine you’ve been dating someone for a few months. Things are going well but no one has mentioned anything about a title. Should a man or woman bring up the topic? If someone asks, what are we…what do you say?

Girl, I'm old school if a man wants me then he needs to ask me. If he doesn't man up and lock me down I simply move on. I like men who take initiative and aren't afraid to go for what they want. If he can't ask me for exclusivity how can I trust that he'll ask for the raise or the promotion?

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I'm a bit of a take charge person. I'm not saying I would ask right away but I wouldn't leave it undefined for long either. I think communication is important and I don't want to waste time lol

This is where I stand as well. I'm not a fan of ambiguity especially for long stretches of time. As the relationship evolves I can take a week or two of ambiguity but after that I need to know if we're on the same page.