A Bottle of Wine & A Good Book - Book Club

Join our very own BLACK Book Club & discuss books that you have read and express your opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. Join and find recommendations for new reads, while converse with like-minded readers. Oh yeah, we like wine too.... cheers!

🎥 Video: Black Owned Drink & Book of the Month 🍷

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Author
Albert Thrasher
Publisher
Albert Thrasher
Type
Non-Fiction
Link to Purchase
Amazon
Book and Wine of the Month:

The Book of the Month is "On to New Orleans" written by Albert Thrasher. It is a fascinating book, entailing the well hidden truths behind the 1811 Slave Revolt in New Orleans. This isnt the White man's verison of history....it is totally black and unapologetic. It's filled with both primary sources and passed down accounts of how our ancestors developed the most sophisticated Slave Rebellion in American history. Excellent read.

The Wine of the month is a Black Owned wine created by NFL Hall Of Famer, Charles Woodson. His wine is named Intercept and his grapes are grown in Napa Valley. Recommended wine type is Cabernet. It's a fruity red that's tasty with barely any tenets. This wine was auto-aged and its not noticeable. Smooth and satisfying...yet 15% alcohol will blow you away quickly. Highly recommended for anyone looking to impress a seasoned wine drinker with something new and unexpected. Most celebrity wines are garbage, but this stuff is the real deal. I tip my hat to Charles Woodson for actually giving a damn and making quality wine. Cheers.

View attachment 1000000250.mp4

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Excellent book and wine pairing. The books are flying by too fast I cannot read them all!
Thanks brother. Mr. Thrashers work and the wine are both excellent products. We as black folks ought to be proud of both products, they represent us well.

I'd recommend buying that book while it is still being reprinted (cheaper). It was only 5-6 years ago when the book wasn't in print, and to buy a used copy would cost around $250. When they finally reprinted the book, I bought 5 or 6 copies.

Most of the books have posted have been Non-Fiction, so at some point, I'll have to work in more Fiction books.