The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

3 Sure Fire Steps to Achieve Your New Years Resolutions

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    According to Statistic Brain Research Institute around 40% of Americans form New Year’s Resolutions year over year. At face value, forming a New Year’s Resolution is worthy of praise. It’s an ode to oneself and to the universe that they will improve in the upcoming year. But beneath the surface, a phrase such as “I’m going to start a business in 2022” is nothing more than an intent to partake in an ambitious endeavor by an undisclosed date. In other words, it’s nothing more than hot air.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZUiDQNyvKE&t=261s

Make Your Resolution Actionable​

If you want to make resolutions you will actually see to the finish line, it’s important that you make them actionable. The best way to do so is by leveraging the SMART framework. You resolution should be:

• Specific
    • Measurable
    • Attainable
    • Relevant
    • Time-Based
    Following this framework turns simple resolutions like “I want to be skinny in 2022” into impactful proclamations such as:

I’m going to lose 24 pounds by December 15th, 2022 in order to live a healthier life.

Read the rest on our blog.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

If you want to make resolutions you will actually see to the finish line, it’s important that you make them actionable. The best way to do so is by leveraging the SMART framework. You resolution should be:

• Specific
    • Measurable
    • Attainable
    • Relevant
    • Time-Based
    I learned the S.M.A.R.T framework at my last job and it helped me craft way better goals. It's cool to see you mention that plus mentioning how the past and tomorrow don't exist.

We really need to make better new years goals I know I been tryna looks like The Rock for like 3 years straight but "look like the rock" aint a good enough goal.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I learned the S.M.A.R.T framework at my last job and it helped me craft way better goals. It's cool to see you mention that plus mentioning how the past and tomorrow don't exist.

We really need to make better new years goals I know I been tryna looks like The Rock for like 3 years straight but "look like the rock" aint a good enough goal.

Not very realistic either, because of many things like genetics and finances, let alone time. Dwayne can take a long time off to train for a role because he's financially secure for life, we don't have that luxury.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Not very realistic either, because of many things like genetics and finances, let alone time. Dwayne can take a long time off to train for a role because he's financially secure for life, we don't have that luxury.
    The Rock ain’t always have that though. What you do in your free time is gonna determine what you gon be able to do in your future.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Gotta make the time. I’ll get where I need to get to.
    Happy 2022 (New Year) 6zeros! Let's remain 10 in for Black Empowerment!
    Welcome J-sub cheers to 2022.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks

Most certainly. SMART framework was a radical thing for me at one time but now I use it subconsciously. Great video Jay

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    According to Statistic Brain Research Institute around 40% of Americans form New Year’s Resolutions year over year. At face value, forming a New Year’s Resolution is worthy of praise. It’s an ode to oneself and to the universe that they will improve in the upcoming year. But beneath the surface, a phrase such as “I’m going to start a business in 2022” is nothing more than an intent to partake in an ambitious endeavor by an undisclosed date. In other words, it’s nothing more than hot air.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZUiDQNyvKE&t=261s

• Specific
    • Measurable
    • Attainable
    • Relevant
    • Time-Based
    Following this framework turns simple resolutions like “I want to be skinny in 2022” into impactful proclamations such as:

Read the rest on our blog.

Great share Jay ✊🏾👍🏾

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know a lot of people who do this every year. They say they are going to get ish done but nothing comes of it. By March/April, they have completely given up. You can't put weight on a date and pressure yourself. If you have a goal, go at your own pace and do what it takes to reach that goal.

Happy New Year everyone!