The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

53rd NAACP Awards 2022

zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I don't think Doja Cat should be included in any nominations. This woman has denounced her melainated heritage and is not a representation of anything related to the advancement of colored people.

She received three nominations and while her music may be mainstream or known. It does not warrant these nominations in my opinion.

SmartSelect_20220118-174701_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20220118-174713_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20220118-174727_Chrome.jpg

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    The nominations have been announced! Check them out here Nominees Archive – NAACP Image Awards

Here is just a list of every category and nominee in an easier view 2022 NAACP Image Awards Nominations: The Full List

Are yall voting? I have not viewed every category but some of these I need to check all the movies/shows to be able to vote appropriately
    View attachment 1574
    No have not and will not watch, vote or support because I feel the NAACP is a "do nothing" organization. If we look at the nominees we can tell they align with a Democrat agenda:
    • Lil Nas X (LGBT) and a White dude
    • 2 Canadians (Drake and WKND)
    • An anti-Black bedwench
    • A Nigerian

No Thank You GIF by Karen Civil

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't think Doja Cat should be included in any nominations. This woman has denounced her melainated heritage and is not a representation of anything related to the advancement of colored people.

She received three nominations and while her music may be mainstream or known. It does not warrant these nominations in my opinion.
    This is exactly why I won't watch and it's because their agenda is different than mine. I have different values, different interest, etc. They are what White people think Black people want to ingest.

I'm ultra-black, opposite of Doja Cat.

D

Deleted member 191

I err on the side of agreeing with Red Velvet on this one.

Here you have a supposed black organization airing a fairly meaningless, platitudinal award ceremony, on a station owned by white people mind you, that televises a white people understanding of Black Americans. Said Organization also did NOTHING during the uprisings of 2020, showcased NO LEADERSHIP for Black Americans as it pertains to how we should have approached the 2020 election cycle, engages regularly in democratic agendizing, and has slowly turned themselves into an anti-Black establishment for the Whites to dangle in front of us and think we're supposed to consume this shit and call it progress WHY? because...our parents and our grandparents don't know any better, so they think we don't either.

This show is for people who are not really on a B1 code but want to somehow "stay black" if you will.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    I err on the side of agreeing with Red Velvet on this one.

Here you have a supposed black organization airing a fairly meaningless, platitudinal award ceremony, on a station owned by white people mind you, that televises a white people understanding of Black Americans. Said Organization also did NOTHING during the uprisings of 2020, showcased NO LEADERSHIP for Black Americans as it pertains to how we should have approached the 2020 election cycle, engages regularly in democratic agendizing, and has slowly turned themselves into an anti-Black establishment for the Whites to dangle in front of us and think we're supposed to consume this shit and call it progress WHY? because...our parents and our grandparents don't know any better, so they think we don't either.

This show is for people who are not really on a B1 code but want to somehow "stay black" if you will.
    nuclear explosion GIF

Armie

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No have not and will not watch, vote or support because I feel the NAACP is a "do nothing" organization. If we look at the nominees we can tell they align with a Democrat agenda:
    • Lil Nas X (LGBT) and a White dude
    • 2 Canadians (Drake and WKND)
    • An anti-Black bedwench
    • A Nigerian
    Agreed, not huge fan of "Flat Blackness"; although I will make a few exceptions for some black canadians.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree with everyone, I guess for me, there are some things that some black folks are doing that shows like this do recognize.

For example there are a few literary categories that I like to look at. Now these categories aren't put out like that. And while it is mixed with some bullshit politics, there is some awareness brought to to these works. There is a trend of literary nominations though. It's often one note books all about slavery in a way that I feel has already been written. Here are some.

SmartSelect_20220119-081549_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20220119-081538_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20220119-081451_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20220119-081441_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20220119-081425_Chrome.jpg

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Any institution whose agenda is white led needs to be dumped from our psyche.

Key word: our

What is our though? People like us on this board and my Twitter followers are overwhelmingly outnumbered by those that support Awkwafina or don't care at all, and I'm talking about black people. The people that find a problem with this are in the minority. Hell, I already see people using this CP(colored people) excuse and I expected it. We get it, they don't, and that's the problem.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    And for many that claim to care instead of legitimate pushback it's corny ass hotep memes and jokes instead of actually addressing the problem intellectually. There are so many things that need to be fixed but things will never happen until we collectively take things seriously.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Key word: our

What is our though? People like us on this board and my Twitter followers are overwhelmingly outnumbered by those that support Awkwafina or don't care at all, and I'm talking about black people. The people that find a problem with this are in the minority. Hell, I already see people using this CP(colored people) excuse and I expected it. We get it, they don't, and that's the problem.
    I guarantee if you took a polling prior to the American Revolution, a majority of the citizens in the colonies would have voted to NOT fight Britain. You don't need everyone, you need the requisite amount to effect change. Some of those people on your timeline will not make it and that is totally acceptable.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I guarantee if you took a polling prior to the American Revolution, a majority of the citizens in the colonies would have voted to NOT fight Britain. You don't need everyone, you need the requisite amount to effect change. Some of those people on your timeline will not make it and that is totally acceptable.

This I agree with, well put. Let's stay solid ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿