The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

750k Household at Risk of Evictions

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, you read right…3/4ths of million people are at risk of being evicted due to the moratorium being lifted.

Given the slow pace of rental aid disbursement, Goldman's analysts expect that between 1 million and 2 million households will remain without support and at risk of eviction when the remaining state and local eviction bans expire at the end of September.

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

So while the US Government is saving Afghans and setting them up with housing, they letting you get kicked out your place.

When will Americans wake up and see that this shit is a farce.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    It's messed up. The way Americans are tossed out of their homes is crazy. I hope the landlords out there don't kick these tenants out. I know it's a rough time for all and tenants are hurting bad too, but I think we need to work together to protect the people.

But, the US doesn't care. They would much rather everyone be homeless than to pay a little extra in stimulus. If this happens, they should really put out more stimulus checks, because people are suffering still.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I really hope that they do as much as they can to avoid more homeless people. We already have a problem and there's so much that can potentially go wrong is they don't find a solution to this quickly. I agree with a stimulus dispersion, especially to those at risk of losing their homes.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's messed up. The way Americans are tossed out of their homes is crazy. I hope the landlords out there don't kick these tenants out. I know it's a rough time for all and tenants are hurting bad too, but I think we need to work together to protect the people.

But, the US doesn't care. They would much rather everyone be homeless than to pay a little extra in stimulus. If this happens, they should really put out more stimulus checks, because people are suffering still.
    But at the same time, the landlords have bills too and many are at risk or have lost their properties due to unpaid rents. The eviction is coming from the landlord but it's by way of the US Government who prioritized the safety of billionaire corporations over yours once the economy was shut down. Should a landlord who owns a fourplex who invested all their savings into it risk all they've worked for to save a family who can't pay the rent? I don't think that's a fair thing to ask.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I really hope that they do as much as they can to avoid more homeless people. We already have a problem and there's so much that can potentially go wrong is they don't find a solution to this quickly. I agree with a stimulus dispersion, especially to those at risk of losing their homes.
    I concur. The ramifications of such a vast population hitting the streets would be devastating. But once again it becomes extremely clear that the Federal Government's priorities are not aligned with the citizen's. When you view their actions through the lens of "expand empire at all costs" the logic in them is clear.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I concur. The ramifications of such a vast population hitting the streets would be devastating. But once again it becomes extremely clear that the Federal Government's priorities are not aligned with the citizen's. When you view their actions through the lens of "expand empire at all costs" the logic in them is clear.
    Their thievery knows no boundaries. They’ll eat each other alive to get the last crumb.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I am so sick of the mentality of putting Americans last in this country. They pour money, much of which is our own tax dollars, into other countries' problems while people are getting kicked out of their houses and left for dead on the streets. This affects everyone but the trickle-down effect means if white people are suffering from this, black people will be suffering much worse.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am so sick of the mentality of putting Americans last in this country. They pour money, much of which is our own tax dollars, into other countries' problems while people are getting kicked out of their houses and left for dead on the streets. This affects everyone but the trickle-down effect means if white people are suffering from this, black people will be suffering much worse.
    I’m sick of it too. I pay so much in taxes and then at the end of the year have to pay more! Here in CA they had a CA stimulus and I didn’t qualify because I was above the income cutoff but they put money aside for Illegal Immigrants, WTF?!!!? How do people who are not even supposed to be in the country get prioritized in a stimulus over me? That is so f’d up. Now our tax dollars going to Afghans…it’s madness and it’s going to boil over one day.

D

Deleted member 1946

Yes, you read right…3/4ths of million people are at risk of being evicted due to the moratorium being lifted.

So while the US Government is saving Afghans and setting them up with housing, they letting you get kicked out your place.

It is a big farce. They are trying to bring down the USA and have a one world government. I read something somewhere where they have to bring our standard of living down to what the typical person around the world has. We will have nothing and love it.

D

Deleted member 1946

I know some of these landowners are hurting too. Because some of them are dependent upon that rent to pay their bills. I'm not talking about the richer ones.

D

Deleted member 1946

I don't think they don't want a homeless problem. They won't even do anything about helping veterans. They offer lip service, but there are a ton of veterans who are homeless.

D

Deleted member 1946

I’m sick of it too. I pay so much in taxes and then at the end of the year have to pay more! Here in CA they had a CA stimulus and I didn’t qualify because I was above the income cutoff but they put money aside for Illegal Immigrants, WTF?!!!? How do people who are not even supposed to be in the country get prioritized in a stimulus over me? That is so f’d up. Now our tax dollars going to Afghans…it’s madness and it’s going to boil over one day.
    Of course. Which is what the powers that be want. We could do something about this if we had real power. I wish we could work together with other races of people who have the same issues as us.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Hedge funds and billionaires and the like are buying anything they can get their hands on to create a housing shortage so they can re-sell the property at inflated prices or charge much higher rents.

Landlords can't wait to raise rents. Sorry, I don't have a lot of sympathy for most landlords. If they were making a good profit charging $2,300 a month for a place and have an opportunity to make $2,800 or $3,000 for a spot that physically and location wise is not a $3,000 a month apartment they will and they'll have no qualms about effing over a single mom with kids.

Homelessness will increase and when not if (and we are long overdue) the next economic crash happens you are going to see two big shifts. The homeless population will skyrocket and the biggest increase will be single moms. Men will be in there too. A lot. And sadly we will be the biggest increase but you will see lots of white folks too.

Prostitution will skyrocket. It will be a side hustle that will be normalized more or less. For the sake of their dignity, women will frame him as a boyfriend, or 'a friend' FWB (friend with benefits), whatever to maintain a sense of self respect. The guy keeping the lights on will be said to be her 'man', or whatever.

Mass shootings will increase a lot. When white men start getting evicted, especially Republican white men, they will do what they have always done in this country. Blame someone or some people and kill them.

The biggest fear of the government and the military is if things get so bad, poor and working class whites who don't see any light at the enf of their financial tunnel will start looking at blacks without sh*t as allies. In the 1600s it started out like that and the 1% of that day invented slavery and white supremacy.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have been watching the housing market since 2019. I am checking prices and seeing what is available at least twice a month but mostly once or twice a week and I can tell you, something is not right. Next to no houses are available for under 400k yet when I drive around, I see all sorts of signs implying these houses are for sale. They aren't listed online anywhere. It is like they have some sort of side market and are trying to downplay how seriously f'd the housing market is.

For good credit, you could have gotten a 2.10% interest rate and now you are lucky to get anything under 6%.

D

Deleted member 1946

Hedge funds and billionaires and the like are buying anything they can get their hands on to create a housing shortage so they can re-sell the property at inflated prices or charge much higher rents.

Landlords can't wait to raise rents. Sorry, I don't have a lot of sympathy for most landlords. If they were making a good profit charging $2,300 a month for a place and have an opportunity to make $2,800 or $3,000 for a spot that physically and location wise is not a $3,000 a month apartment they will and they'll have no qualms about effing over a single mom with kids.

Homelessness will increase and when not if (and we are long overdue) the next economic crash happens you are going to see two big shifts. The homeless population will skyrocket and the biggest increase will be single moms. Men will be in there too. A lot. And sadly we will be the biggest increase but you will see lots of white folks too.

Prostitution will skyrocket. It will be a side hustle that will be normalized more or less. For the sake of their dignity, women will frame him as a boyfriend, or 'a friend' FWB (friend with benefits), whatever to maintain a sense of self respect. The guy keeping the lights on will be said to be her 'man', or whatever.

Mass shootings will increase a lot. When white men start getting evicted, especially Republican white men, they will do what they have always done in this country. Blame someone or some people and kill them.

The biggest fear of the government and the military is if things get so bad, poor and working class whites who don't see any light at the enf of their financial tunnel will start looking at blacks without sh*t as allies. In the 1600s it started out like that and the 1% of that day invented slavery and white supremacy.
    Well spoken. And you will see rival gangs coming together too. I definitely see it coming. I know for a fact that downlow homosexuality for men all of races has substantially increased as well for the same reason you said prostitution. Some people prefer to do that to keep from killing somebody, stealing what they got and going to jail. Once again, this is an EXCELLENT POST.

D

Deleted member 1946

I have been watching the housing market since 2019. I am checking prices and seeing what is available at least twice a month but mostly once or twice a week and I can tell you, something is not right. Next to no houses are available for under 400k yet when I drive around, I see all sorts of signs implying these houses are for sale. They aren't listed online anywhere. It is like they have some sort of side market and are trying to downplay how seriously f'd the housing market is.

For good credit, you could have gotten a 2.10% interest rate and now you are lucky to get anything under 6%.
    You are right. I see all these for sale signs available and cannot find that property on any website. I wait because sometimes the real estate companies might not have gotten time to update their site. No changes. Your hunch might be right about a side market going on. I would not be surprised if these folks mark up those houses only a tiny bit because they are selling them in bulk to companies that will eventually resell them or hold them to keep them out of the hands of the regular people. This will make things worse in this country.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

I really think it's better to check into Tax Liens. There's 39 states that honor them.
    You can invest in commercial & residential properties, without breaking your pockets.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Immigrants before citizens.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Immigrants before citizens.
    100% because the USA is replacing the labor force. The same has happened in a lot of other countries in Europe. I think there is a point where the Capital Class realizes that it cannot take more from the labor class directly so they bring in immigrants to cut the price of labor even more.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I really think it's better to check into Tax Liens. There's 39 states that honor them.
    You can invest in commercial & residential properties, without breaking your pockets.
    I will look into this. Thanks for the tip. I have heard of them but I am not really familiar with what they are exactly. I have checked programs in my area and the only ones that I seem to be able to apply for is a small discount for first time home-buyers that are married and over the age of 25. I am not married though so as of right now, I don't qualify.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You are right. I see all these for sale signs available and cannot find that property on any website. I wait because sometimes the real estate companies might not have gotten time to update their site. No changes. Your hunch might be right about a side market going on. I would not be surprised if these folks mark up those houses only a tiny bit because they are selling them in bulk to companies that will eventually resell them or hold them to keep them out of the hands of the regular people. This will make things worse in this country.
    There were rumors in 2021 of Blackrock or Blackstone (I can't remember which one), that they were buying up houses all over the country to turn them into rentals. I also saw a lot of BS from WEF dealing with making sure gen Z is the first rental generation meaning over 70% of them never actually own a property. That is crazy!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    There were rumors in 2021 of Blackrock or Blackstone (I can't remember which one), that they were buying up houses all over the country to turn them into rentals. I also saw a lot of BS from WEF dealing with making sure gen Z is the first rental generation meaning over 70% of them never actually own a property. That is crazy!
    MLS (Multiple Listing Service) is nationwide, but you've gotta be a licensed real estate agent to get into the site. If you know someone, ask them to search what you're interested in. They get listings first.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    MLS (Multiple Listing Service) is nationwide, but you've gotta be a licensed real estate agent to get into the site. If you know someone, ask them to search what you're interested in. They get listings first.
    Nice. I will look into this. I think my boyfriend works with someone whose wife is an agent. Maybe she can get me some information. I don't want to be going into bidding wars this summer if I find something I like. I would rather get it before it goes public.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Nice. I will look into this. I think my boyfriend works with someone whose wife is an agent. Maybe she can get me some information. I don't want to be going into bidding wars this summer if I find something I like. I would rather get it before it goes public.
    Pay the property tax fee 2 years in advance on the property you want. That's how you can't be out bidded.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Pay the property tax fee 2 years in advance on the property you want. That's how you can't be out bidded.
    That's a thing!? It seems like I have a lot to learn. Thanks for all this information. I am taking notes. I know the housing market is a mess right now and won't be fixed anytime soon (if ever).

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    That's a thing!? It seems like I have a lot to learn. Thanks for all this information. I am taking notes. I know the housing market is a mess right now and won't be fixed anytime soon (if ever).
    You're quite welcome sis! ✊🏽