The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

A DIFFERENT CONVERSATION

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    A big focus has been put on reparations and rightfully so. We deserve it.

However another question is do you believe that any politician is going to do anything else for us?

I don't mean steps towards reparations or anything other than cash payments. I don't mean will that do anything for you as a black person.

I simply mean will they do anything that matters to you as a regular citizen of the country!

I can't think of anything. I don't really care about the abortion rights issues. While I care about universal healthcare I'm okay on health insurance and I don't truly think they'll act on it.

I care about increase in the minimum wage but I don't think they'll act on that either at least not on a federal level.

I really care about police reform. That's pretty much my chief concern even more do than reparations. I am 99% sure they won't act on that at a federal level either.

I care about gun control also but they have failed to act on that after the most horrible incidents so I have little reason to feel they'll act now.

Now if course they'll talk about all those things in an effort to get out the vote. When it comes to acting on any of these issues they'll do nothing.

So in short I've lost faith in our government at the federal level.

Do you think the federal government will do anything for us as citizens? Not as black citizens but just as citizens in general. Can you think of any other issues that you would like addressed or feel they have ignored?

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Black issues are always inconsequential. Their policies are always for the benefit of whites but purportedly for everyone -why it would be undemocratic otherwise😂 It irks me that blacks believe they are included and keep participating in their disparaging charade.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    So here's the thing we live in a country that absolutely hates black people. If they don't hate they are indifferent to our problems. That isn't going to change.

So the likelihood of any kind of legislation being passed specific for black people is very unlikely.

That being said we have to take advantage of policies that incidentally benefits us even though it wasn't necessarily meant to.

For example:

1) I took advantage of my GI Bill benefits. In the past black service members weren't even allowed to utilize this benefit. It's obvious this was meant for white military men. Since it's able to be used by black people too now I took advantage and got an education.

2) Same is true for the VA home loan program. In the past black service members were discriminated against and not allowed to use the program. They only waned white men to get homes after their service. Since black people can use it too now I took advantage and purchased a house.

3) Civil Service preference wasn't allowed for black people in the past. They didn't want us to get government jobs during Jim Crow. It's now allowed for everyone so I took advantage and got a good paying government career.

4) Congress has approved very large pay raises for lots of federal government employees over the last few years. Black people don't make up anywhere close to the majority of federal employees. So it wasn't us they had in mind when approving these raises. Nevertheless I was able to take advantage of it.

5) I worked for another facility and was pulling so much premium pay they wanted to cut it off. Meanwhile white guys all over the facility were getting premium pay. Due to the fact they needed nursing staff so badly they had no choice but to continue my premium pay. So I took advantage.

Just because certain things weren't meant for us doesn't mean we shouldn't take advantage. Everybody else is. Why shouldn't we?