The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

A possible remedy for weird kid shows and movies

FeverPitch

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
At this point, we know good and damn well that children are being targeted sexually through child specific entertainment.
We feel uneasy about letting our kids watch these shows unattended because of the sexual subtext purposely placed in these cartoons, shows, and movies.
Sometimes, it's blatant. The LGBT have made it clear that they want sexual orientation present in the minds of children.
If not that, cartoons teaching about masturbation, etc.

I just thought of something. I don't have kids, but sometime I help out with nieces and nephews.
When the family comes thru, I just put on one of the Muppet movies.
A lot of the quality children's television and movies that adults had growing up is still available on DVD and Youtube.
Thomas the Tank Engine, Blue's Clues (with Steve), Dora the Explorer and every episode of Mr. Rogers is on DVD. So is every episode of Schoolhouse Rock.
It would be nothing to make a playlist of Sesame Street from YouTube.
Am I late? Are some of you already doing this?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    At this point, we know good and damn well that children are being targeted sexually through child specific entertainment.
    We feel uneasy about letting our kids watch these shows unattended because of the sexual subtext purposely placed in these cartoons, shows, and movies.
    Sometimes, it's blatant. The LGBT have made it clear that they want sexual orientation present in the minds of children.

I just thought of something. I don't have kids, but sometime I help out with nieces and nephews.
    A lot of the quality children's television and movies that adults had growing up is still available on DVD and Youtube.
    Thomas the Tank Engine, Blue's Clues (with Steve), Dora the Explorer and every episode of Mr. Rogers is on DVD. So is every episode of Schoolhouse Rock.
    It’s a great idea and a way to moderate the visual content they consume. I give my son two hours a day of TV on weekdays, no on school nights but I have to watch like a hawk. One day he was watching a show made with roblox and they were talking about Lil Nas X. I like your idea of making playlist of classic programming.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We gotta bootleg them shits because these devils will try to remove the wholesome program off the platforms.

E

educatedman23

I know when i was younger, my parents could let me watch children's cartoons while they did something else. However, parents cannot do that today unless they watch the cartoon along with them or unless they pre-approve of it first.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I know when i was younger, my parents could let me watch children's cartoons while they did something else. However, parents cannot do that today unless they watch the cartoon along with them or unless they pre-approve of it first.
    Too many people create adult content but use kids characters to fool parents.