The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

A Walk In Appalachia

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin

This guy goes through one of the poorest regions of the USA…Bluefield, WV. A lot of America is like this but it is never shown on TV. It’s sad that they have such a beautiful area of the country and they just let it go to waste. They just sit up there on welfare and get hooked on Crystal Meth.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What’s tragic is these people voted for those who wanted to deindustrialize America. The government used these people’s racism to get them to go along with policies that would in the end disenfranchise themselves.

It’s such a beautiful part of the country….I love the lush rolling greenery. But it is no place for a brotha. I had a coworker that wanted me to come out and visit him in West Virginia I gave him one of these:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Whenever I've had a debate with a white supremacist who said whites were inherently more intelligent than Blacks I brought up two things.

First, these areas of West Virginia as well as parts of Kentucky and Tennessee, ethnically Scots Irish and have been in America since the late 1600s into the 1700s have NEVER, EVER been successful. They have next to know evidence of any success, intellectual accomplishments. Nothing. They were broke on arrival and have stayed broke and stupid for 400 years.

Juxtapose that with Blacks. Southern Blacks, the most oppressed and least educated by design came up taught themselves how to play musical instruments and came up with Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, the forebearer of country music. Inventions, all sorts of intellectual achievements and you're telling me whites are more intelligent? GTFOH with that bullshyt.

These areas, the most remote areas have inbreds

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    On a sidenote, the opiod epidemic is the rare example of how racism worked in our favor.

When people were getting hooked on vicodin, percocet and other pain killers, the doctors saw it being abused early. And to prove there is medial racism, doctors wouldn't prescribe those for Blacks (and to be fair Latinos as well) but primarily blacks because they feared we'd sell our extra pills. Now, we went there with legitimate pain that deserved the same prescription as whites but they wouldn't give it to us with the same numbers.

Because of that bigotry, we didn't get on the stuff anywhere close to the same level as whites. The one time racism actually worked for us. lol.

Lastly, the opiod epidemic is the largest drug addiction in American history. Just by default if the rate and levels of incarceration were anything close to what we got during the crack era, the prison population should have minimally tripled in size and whites should make up 2/3 of all state prisons. But they aren't and their numbers didn't change much pre and post opiod. Why? Obviously racism in sentencing. They got sent to drug rehab, we got sent to jail. Same "crime".

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    What is interesting about these people is their red neck, white trash culture was pushed onto black Americans in the 1930s onward. It was done intentionally to sow disconnect in the family and create more of a struggle for our people cause we were out there doing too much. They couldn't have it.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What is interesting about these people is their red neck, white trash culture was pushed onto black Americans in the 1930s onward. It was done intentionally to sow disconnect in the family and create more of a struggle for our people cause we were out there doing too much. They couldn't have it.
    When did that happen? You mean the stigma of being trash was pushed on us?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    When did that happen? You mean the stigma of being trash was pushed on us?
    When cities were very "white" and "posh", a lot of black families were pushed to the south where the white trash culture infiltrated their families. By the time integration back into the cities happened, the hood culture was already destroying black families across America. This is why I say this is NOT black culture. It is a sub-set of white trash culture that was pushed into our people's lives. Black culture in America was historically about family and faith.

D

Deleted member 1946

This guy goes through one of the poorest regions of the USA…Bluefield, WV. A lot of America is like this but it is never shown on TV. It’s sad that they have such a beautiful area of the country and they just let it go to waste. They just sit up there on welfare and get hooked on Crystal Meth.
    Of course. This is what the powers that be want. Drugged up folks are useless folks.

D

Deleted member 1946

When cities were very "white" and "posh", a lot of black families were pushed to the south where the white trash culture infiltrated their families. By the time integration back into the cities happened, the hood culture was already destroying black families across America. This is why I say this is NOT black culture. It is a sub-set of white trash culture that was pushed into our people's lives. Black culture in America was historically about family and faith.
    I agree. Some family members deviated from this.

D

Deleted member 1946

What happened in the 1930s that signified that this was the decade when this started? Was it the Great Depression?

D

Deleted member 1946

On a sidenote, the opiod epidemic is the rare example of how racism worked in our favor.

When people were getting hooked on vicodin, percocet and other pain killers, the doctors saw it being abused early. And to prove there is medial racism, doctors wouldn't prescribe those for Blacks (and to be fair Latinos as well) but primarily blacks because they feared we'd sell our extra pills. Now, we went there with legitimate pain that deserved the same prescription as whites but they wouldn't give it to us with the same numbers.

Because of that bigotry, we didn't get on the stuff anywhere close to the same level as whites. The one time racism actually worked for us. lol.

Lastly, the opiod epidemic is the largest drug addiction in American history. Just by default if the rate and levels of incarceration were anything close to what we got during the crack era, the prison population should have minimally tripled in size and whites should make up 2/3 of all state prisons. But they aren't and their numbers didn't change much pre and post opiod. Why? Obviously racism in sentencing. They got sent to drug rehab, we got sent to jail. Same "crime".
    Yep. I wish more of us were not narcotized. It is hard to make good decisions like that.

D

Deleted member 1946

What’s tragic is these people voted for those who wanted to deindustrialize America. The government used these people’s racism to get them to go along with policies that would in the end disenfranchise themselves.

It’s such a beautiful part of the country….I love the lush rolling greenery. But it is no place for a brotha. I had a coworker that wanted me to come out and visit him in West Virginia I gave him one of these:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
    Yep. Your body would have probably been found out in those beautiful woods somewhere. Just keeping it real.

D

Deleted member 1946

Whenever I've had a debate with a white supremacist who said whites were inherently more intelligent than Blacks I brought up two things.

First, these areas of West Virginia as well as parts of Kentucky and Tennessee, ethnically Scots Irish and have been in America since the late 1600s into the 1700s have NEVER, EVER been successful. They have next to know evidence of any success, intellectual accomplishments. Nothing. They were broke on arrival and have stayed broke and stupid for 400 years.

Juxtapose that with Blacks. Southern Blacks, the most oppressed and least educated by design came up taught themselves how to play musical instruments and came up with Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, the forebearer of country music. Inventions, all sorts of intellectual achievements and you're telling me whites are more intelligent? GTFOH with that bullshyt.

These areas, the most remote areas have inbreds
    Yep. Look at how mentally slow they look in that picture. This is why they have to put things in place to hurt us. This is intended to keep us down.