The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Air Fryers are dope!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have not actually used one until my mom got one. My dad just sprung it on her last week. He likes to get her things for the kitchen cause he knows new gadgets = more food for him lol

I was over there yesterday messing around with it and making things. I love it. I have to get one for myself. You can make so much food and save time. It beats heating up my oven and waiting 10+ min for a preheat. The air fryer she has heated up in like 1 minute and cuts cooking time in half.

Anyone here use one? I wanna get some recipes and suggestions. Going to buy one off Amazon this weekend.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have not actually used one until my mom got one. My dad just sprung it on her last week. He likes to get her things for the kitchen cause he knows new gadgets = more food for him lol

I was over there yesterday messing around with it and making things. I love it. I have to get one for myself. You can make so much food and save time. It beats heating up my oven and waiting 10+ min for a preheat. The air fryer she has heated up in like 1 minute and cuts cooking time in half.

Anyone here use one? I wanna get some recipes and suggestions. Going to buy one off Amazon this weekend.
    Rollie Forbes is a huge fan of air fryers. I got one as a gift and it's very convenient. I will upgrade and get a French door convection oven.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Rollie Forbes is a huge fan of air fryers. I got one as a gift and it's very convenient. I will upgrade and get a French door convection oven.
    We have two, love them! ❤️❤️ Food tastes better, healthier, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, no grease or fat!

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just a note... look for an air-fryer that does not have a Teflon/PFAS/non-stick coated cooking area. This is important if you are trying to limit your exposure to forever chemicals. Other options include, glass, stainless steel and even countertop ovens with air-fryers.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just a note... look for an air-fryer that does not have a Teflon/PFAS/non-stick coated cooking area. This is important if you are trying to limit your exposure to forever chemicals. Other options include, glass, stainless steel and even countertop ovens with air-fryers.
    I learned about all this recently. I heard about it but they are actually starting to talk about it more. Most people in the US already have these chemicals in their bodies. Even if you avoid using them now, you likely already have them in you. I think taking care of your immune system is key to preventing any damage they can do until we find a way for the body to remove them. It is scary though. All the ones I was looking at use "non-toxic non-stick" but anything can be labeled as non-toxic these days, it don't mean anything. I worry more about aluminum since I have seen family members who used aluminum cookware for years end up with severe cognitive issues.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Funny, well I don't own one either but my parents do,I guess it's because I Don't cook as much this days so I don't really get the need for more kitchen appliances.
    I wish I could say that, Rollie. My daytime schedule is hectic, then I've got other chores, errands, etc. Then prepare meals & reclean the kitchen all over again. 🤷🏽‍♀️😁

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wish I could say that, Rollie. My daytime schedule is hectic, then I've got other chores, errands, etc. Then prepare meals & reclean the kitchen all over again. 🤷🏽‍♀️😁
    Same here. I wish I could take a break from the hustle & bustle of adulting for a little while. I don't need long, just 5 or 6 waking hours to not have any of the duties that come along with being a grown up!