Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Alternatives to Google Chrome that aren't resource hogs

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
What are some alternate web browsers that aren't Google Chrome? I've since started using Brave because Chrome eats up so much memory, and I realized it was time to switch. But I'm not 100% sold on Brave even. It's more private and protected, but I'm hearing Opera/Opera GX are great alternatives as well. I hear GX allows you to choose the amount of memory is used, as they call it he gamers web browser (been noticing YouTubers promote it a lot too).

I've used Firefox in the past, but haven't used it in years. I hear it's pretty decent these days and has a VPN built in. But other than that, I don't remember if it was a resource hog or not.

Any other browsers you'd suggest checking out? I'm kinda leaning on sticking with Brave, because it's not as resource heavy and has some decent features.

Yuskii

Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'd say Opera, it's a nice and simplistic browser that runs fast. Or you could try a browser called Vivaldi, which is probably a bit more of a heftier browser than opera, but it runs better than Google Chrome, and allows for a boatload of customizational options that you can choose from to make your browsing experience more unique and comfortable.

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m #applegang so I use Safari as a daily driver. I’ll use chrome for certain things but won’t use it on my laptops without a charge
    everytime I use Safari I feel like I'm being spied on, also with chrome as well. Anything made by google or apple is an automatic redflag for me, but It's hard to detox from these conglomerates, so I'm extra careful not to put confidential information in while using chrome or safari.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you keep chrome open long enough, it will eat up gigs of your ram. I stopped using it a while back and moved to Opera and Brave. Opera because it has an option for a VPN that I can use for Netflix and watching movies all over the place. And Brave because it's another safer alternative and doesn't eat up as much ram. Though I think it gets worse the longer you have any browser open for too long.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you keep chrome open long enough, it will eat up gigs of your ram. I stopped using it a while back and moved to Opera and Brave. Opera because it has an option for a VPN that I can use for Netflix and watching movies all over the place. And Brave because it's another safer alternative and doesn't eat up as much ram. Though I think it gets worse the longer you have any browser open for too long.
    Thanks I’ll keep that in mind.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    everytime I use Safari I feel like I'm being spied on, also with chrome as well. Anything made by google or apple is an automatic redflag for me, but It's hard to detox from these conglomerates, so I'm extra careful not to put confidential information in while using chrome or safari.
    Apple is more secure than Google that’s for sure. It allows you to turn off tracking as well. But it’s best to be on the internet under the impression that everything you’re saying is going to the NSA.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Opera eats a bunch of RAM too.

E

educatedman23

What are some alternate web browsers that aren't Google Chrome? I've since started using Brave because Chrome eats up so much memory, and I realized it was time to switch. But I'm not 100% sold on Brave even. It's more private and protected, but I'm hearing Opera/Opera GX are great alternatives as well. I hear GX allows you to choose the amount of memory is used, as they call it he gamers web browser (been noticing YouTubers promote it a lot too).

I've used Firefox in the past, but haven't used it in years. I hear it's pretty decent these days and has a VPN built in. But other than that, I don't remember if it was a resource hog or not.

Any other browsers you'd suggest checking out? I'm kinda leaning on sticking with Brave, because it's not as resource heavy and has some decent features.
    I use Opera.