The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anybody else here raised by white people?

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am a transracial adoptee who was raised in a white community. I was raised with all white people and went to an all white school and had all white friends. Today as an adult I have so many psychological issues...hate white people (even though I know how to survive around them) and wish my biological parents never had me taken away. The were "schizophrenic" and on drugs so I was taken away at birth and left to starve in a foster home. I was in six foster homes before the age of two. White Irish people adopted me...and raised me and it was all good until I started realizing my blackness. They started talking to me less and the microaggressions started building...and soon I realized how they really felt about black people...My adoptive mother died and I no longer talk to my racist adoptive father...they did a number on me with gaslighting and mental abuse...so now I am picking up the pieces and living my life as best as I can..but it's very lonely.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNyeSqysCq8&ab_channel=CoreyGoldwaves

equis

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I am a transracial adoptee who was raised in a white community. I was raised with all white people and went to an all white school and had all white friends. Today as an adult I have so many psychological issues...hate white people (even though I know how to survive around them) and wish my biological parents never had me taken away. The were "schizophrenic" and on drugs so I was taken away at birth and left to starve in a foster home. I was in six foster homes before the age of two. White Irish people adopted me...and raised me and it was all good until I started realizing my blackness. They started talking to me less and the microaggressions started building...and soon I realized how they really felt about black people...My adoptive mother died and I no longer talk to my racist adoptive father...they did a number on me with gaslighting and mental abuse...so now I am picking up the pieces and living my life as best as I can..but it's very lonely.
I can only imagine what you've been through brother. You can't have a jackal raise a lion and it be a comfortable situation for both. Once that lion realizes his nature, the jackal's naturally going to try to suppress that since it goes against their code. I'd love to hear more testimonies from brothers and sisters that have been in your situation so that you can all assure each other that you're not alone.

Barida

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Native American
Origin
USA

It must have been tough growing up to realize that the people you took as family hated you just because of your skin color. I was raised by my Black parents and while it was not rosy from the beginning, I felt the connection. Just stay strong and never let anything distract you from the transformation that you are experiencing now. We've got your back.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can only imagine what you've been through brother. You can't have a jackal raise a lion and it be a comfortable situation for both. Once that lion realizes his nature, the jackal's naturally going to try to suppress that since it goes against their code. I'd love to hear more testimonies from brothers and sisters that have been in your situation so that you can all assure each other that you're not alone.
    He DGAF he just wanted you to listen to his song. That’s why he gave you a Prop instead of a valid response.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am sorry you had to endure that and I can REALLY relate. Being a only child, hooked on cocaine at 9 years old, my only uncle being jealous of my closeness with my grandparents. I had to cut myself loose from any other family except my 2 aunts. My mother didn't make that best decisions especially with her 2nd husband (dope dealer wannabe), and her oldest cousin molested her at age.

But now you are here among your own. And I am with you on the hating of white people fam...There is NOTHING superior about a people that can't work under the sun without peeling like shrimps and reddening like a GD lobster.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am sorry you had to endure that and I can REALLY relate. Being a only child, hooked on cocaine at 9 years old, my only uncle being jealous of my closeness with my grandparents. I had to cut myself loose from any other family except my 2 aunts. My mother didn't make that best decisions especially with her 2nd husband (dope dealer wannabe), and her oldest cousin molested her at age.

But now you are here among your own. And I am with you on the hating of white people fam...There is NOTHING superior about a people that can't work under the sun without peeling like shrimps and reddening like a GD lobster.
    Hahaha yes fam

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    LatagiaCopelandTyronce

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe that black people should not be adopted by white people. There should have been blood that the agency could have found...but the adoption industry/ foster system is all fucked up. I am glad I didn't wither away in the foster homes I just wish I could have been with my own. Black adoptees are being weaponized against our own community. Adoptees are the biggest coons and are molded to hate black people...it's the perfect psy op. I had to fight my way out of white washing and the hellish sunken place. I studied our heroes...our fighting history and clawed my way out. A lot of us don't survive the psychological white hell and commit suicide. Worst yet....some of us in the community...coons will defend my adoptive parents to my face even thought they never experienced living with them. When I was a kid I was used as a prop for white adoption even by Oprah Winfrey whom I met on her show. Now that I am older, conscious of my blackness, none of them want to listen to the truths I have to say about the whole interracial adoption...because I tell every racist pain I've felt by white people. They can't flip that. I will warn every black family and tell the truth about the nature of a lot of white people I've met and lived with. I got an inside look at the beast and it's no Blindside movie. It's more like Get Out. I hated Blindside and I told my adoptive white sister to her face cause she loved it. Fuck her and fuck my whole adoptive family. Oh and they had this rule to never reprimand another white person on my behalf...some old Jim Crow shit.

Attachments

Marge And I.jpg

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    My mother is Italian. She never displaced her "whiteness" on me because she didn't have any. She had culture and heritage from Italy. She understood the black struggle more than the average white person because Italian immigrants were treated like ish when they first came to America. She never held me back or made me feel like a token of her own. I had my father in my life which was a good balance (he is Jamaican).

White people raising black children becomes an issue when the white "parents" shame them or try to keep them from their blackness or deny their struggle simply because they are well taken care of. We lost a lot of our heritage and culture being shipped out around the world as slaves. We have a harder time finding ourselves and making something of ourselves because we start at an unfair disadvantage and most white people don't get that.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My mother is Italian. She never displaced her "whiteness" on me because she didn't have any. She had culture and heritage from Italy. She understood the black struggle more than the average white person because Italian immigrants were treated like ish when they first came to America. She never held me back or made me feel like a token of her own. I had my father in my life which was a good balance (he is Jamaican).

White people raising black children becomes an issue when the white "parents" shame them or try to keep them from their blackness or deny their struggle simply because they are well taken care of. We lost a lot of our heritage and culture being shipped out around the world as slaves. We have a harder time finding ourselves and making something of ourselves because we start at an unfair disadvantage and most white people don't get that.
    Agreed. That was the worst part...I felt embarrassed for wanting to know more about my culture. I felt embarrassed for liking anything black and or being black. I just realized that I love authentic black 70's soul music at the age of 39. I mean it takes so many years to reverse the white damage done. I am glad you had your Jamaican father. It was Bob Marley's music that helped me in my transition form white washed to black love.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    So called Jews of Israel are the same as Italians Argentina's and Mexicans they are Mulattos in other words when they are standing in a room filled with trump and Bush and the Washington's of this world they are nigro/Niger/kafir nothing called white Italian its just light skinned mullato with the features of Caucasian long hair pale skin small mouth etc

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Agreed. That was the worst part...I felt embarrassed for wanting to know more about my culture. I felt embarrassed for liking anything black and or being black. I just realized that I love authentic black 70's soul music at the age of 39. I mean it takes so many years to reverse the white damage done. I am glad you had your Jamaican father. It was Bob Marley's music that helped me in my transition form white washed to black love.
    As I said, there would be no issue if white adoptees didn't whitewash their black kids but most of them do and this backfires because as you said, it has caused you to have distaste and distrust of white people as a whole. They do so much damage and deflect it by saying "I was a provider and gave you a good life!" while ignoring the fact that they make their kids feel ashamed to be black.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As I said, there would be no issue if white adoptees didn't whitewash their black kids but most of them do and this backfires because as you said, it has caused you to have distaste and distrust of white people as a whole. They do so much damage and deflect it by saying "I was a provider and gave you a good life!" while ignoring the fact that they make their kids feel ashamed to be black.
    Exactly

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

I'm right along with you both, I HATE THEM AS WELL! I was integrated into a predominantly all white elementary school, where I was verbally abused by white teachers & white students! When they put theirs hands on me, (white students) they found out at that moment who was truly superior!
    They've destroyed, raped, pillaged & diseased EVERYWHERE THEY'VE EVER BEEN!
    I can't wait for EXODUS! That's when WE'LL ALL BE FREE FROM THESE WS, ANTI-BLACKS, BOOTLICKS & COONS, period! 💯

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have a friend who was adopted by a white couple.

Maybe she is one of the lucky ones? She never felt trapped or obligated to her parents' "white culture". They encouraged her to have black friends, date black boys, and have hobbies with black people. Her parents themselves have black friends. I think that is what made this situation different. Most white people who adopt black children don't even have black friends. They live in mostly white if not all-white areas, put their adopted kids in white schools, and they are surrounded by white culture. If they ask questions or take interest in what is considered "black" they get called ungrateful. They also get labeled as "lucky" as if their black parents could never be able to raise them right. It can be insulting on many levels.