A Bottle of Wine & A Good Book - Book Club

Join our very own BLACK Book Club & discuss books that you have read and express your opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. Join and find recommendations for new reads, while converse with like-minded readers. Oh yeah, we like wine too.... cheers!

Anybody Wanna Read and Discuss Tariq's New Book

Grace J.

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Hey everybody,

Let me know if anyone wants to read and discuss this or any books with me. Right now I'm reading The New Jim Crow and Black American Race Baiter. I'm also open to other readings. I have Neely Fuller's book on the code en route. I'm trying to fine tune my talking points upcoming political advocacy.

Grace J.

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I’m willing to read.

The United-Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept Textbook: A Compensatory Counter-Racist Code by Neely Fuller.

Sounds good. Let's do that one. I should have it in a few days, but I've been listening to readings online. We can do 2-3 chapters at a time. Can't wait to have some enlightened discussions. We can do a space or simply meetup on zoom

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Hey everybody,

Let me know if anyone wants to read and discuss this or any books with me. Right now I'm reading The New Jim Crow and Black American Race Baiter. I'm also open to other readings. I have Neely Fuller's book on the code en route. I'm trying to fine tune my talking points upcoming political advocacy.
I enjoyed Black American Race Baiter. I know it's at the beginning but his story of experiencing racism at an early age hit home for me. I too experienced intense racism during middle school. When you learn your enemy early it can effect you for the rest of your life.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Let's start with the intro to Chapter 1. Is everyone game to begin? Here we go.

I love how specific Neely Fuller writes when describing White Supremacy. It automatically put the discussion into another space and remove emotion. Logic is the key, and the is sure to point that out. It's cold science.

Grace J.

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Hey everybody,

Grace J.

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Hey everybody,

I just got Neely Fuller's book. Just a few pages in. Is he saying that compensation is a system of quid pro quo or will I find out it's much deeper than that?

Grace J.

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I enjoyed Black American Race Baiter. I know it's at the beginning but his story of experiencing racism at an early age hit home for me. I too experienced intense racism during middle school. When you learn your enemy early it can effect you for the rest of your life.

I like his discussion about his upbringi. It's has through with rapid acuity he recognized injustice at an early age