Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anyone Else Sick Of All These Remakes And Remasters?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Like I swear, that is what makes up 50% of gaming these days. Like they don't even bother making new stuff like they used to anymore. I feel like gaming went the way of Hollywood and is picking things they know will make them money instead of trying new things but just like in Hollywood, you can only do this for so long before people call it quits.

Anyone else sick of all these remakes and remasters?

D

Deleted member 1946

It may be a sign they've run out of ideas and tryna milk customers for all they can by essentially buying the same product twice just slightly altered. The movie and music industry been doing that for years.
    That has been a complaint in Hollywood for quite some time now. Lack of quality writing was to blame so copying became the norm. Now remakes keep being done which means new ideas are absent.

D

Deleted member 1946

Like I swear, that is what makes up 50% of gaming these days. Like they don't even bother making new stuff like they used to anymore. I feel like gaming went the way of Hollywood and is picking things they know will make them money instead of trying new things but just like in Hollywood, you can only do this for so long before people call it quits.

Anyone else sick of all these remakes and remasters?
    I think that remakes are easy money. It is low hanging fruit. There are so many people who speak about the Color Purple online. I know you are talking about gaming. They either talk about the things they hate (if it is B1 folks talking) or the things they like (if it is feminists talking). Gaming works the same way.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It may be a sign they've run out of ideas and tryna milk customers for all they can by essentially buying the same product twice just slightly altered. The movie and music industry been doing that for years.
    I know pop music is almost entirely written by one guy. In terms of lyrics. So it would make sense everything feels so copy and paste there. I know they been doing remakes with movies since the '90s but it was once in a while, now it seems like every other movie, show, video game is a remake or remaster. I think you are right though. Easy money.