Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
CoOps are dynamic business models. There can never be too many CoOps. Myself & others experimented with a Housing CoOp in Chapel Hill, NC Largely concerned with creating housing options for “Returning Citizens/ReEntry” & others in the community. Although initial attempts have faltered, there are tentative possibilities that efforts may be resumed. Several years ago I read a great article about a “worker’s CoOp in DC”. Keep your chin up🙏🏾🙏🏾

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
CoOps are dynamic business models. There can never be too many CoOps. Myself & others experimented with a Housing CoOp in Chapel Hill, NC Largely concerned with creating housing options for “Returning Citizens/ReEntry” & others in the community. Although initial attempts have faltered, there are tentative possibilities that efforts may be resumed. Several years ago I read a great article about a “worker’s CoOp in DC”. Keep your chin up🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hmm, interesting concept. Was it something where everyone was responsible for a portion of the rent, or how did it work? I think we definitely need something like that, but our people have to much of an individualistic mindset ... Like, we have been here to long, that's not the way of the ancestors ... Yeah, there are a lot of possibilities ... They have a few worker cooperative s in Baltimore ... I think the model can really work for us