Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are bookshelf stereos not a thing anymore?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I been looking for one to get for my mom. She has had the same one for like 15 years now and it finally stopped working. It don't play CDs anymore. It is just one of those small compact designs. I think at the time, she spent $60 on it. It was nothing fancy. I can't seem to find any of those. The ones I find end up being too expensive. Anytime I find one similar to what she had, it is either $150+ or it is not in stock.

Her's looks simular to this one but I can't remember what brand it is:
    6364294_sa.jpg

I wanna get her one for Christmas.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I been looking for one to get for my mom. She has had the same one for like 15 years now and it finally stopped working. It don't play CDs anymore. It is just one of those small compact designs. I think at the time, she spent $60 on it. It was nothing fancy. I can't seem to find any of those. The ones I find end up being too expensive. Anytime I find one similar to what she had, it is either $150+ or it is not in stock.

View attachment 4143

It would look really good sitting next to your Palm Pilot.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

View attachment 4143

IDGAF We "Still" have my mother HiFI and we still turn tapes and records here. And you know what? The music coming out of the Bose & Pioneer floor speakers sounds damn good.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    You try thrift stores? Sometimes you can go to an estate sale in your area if you see they have one for sale: Find Estate Sale
    Got one for my granddad 3 years ago from the thrift store. They offer discounts as well towards the Christmas period. I suggest the thread owner checks there.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It would look really good sitting next to your Palm Pilot.
    Hey, it is for my mom not me. lol And what you saying? A lot of older tech was built better than it is now. All we got is cheap Chinese crap to choose from that breaks in a few years. I can't tell you how many times I have had to replace speakers but the ones from my dad's computer still sound dope and they are from 1998.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had a cheap one growing up that eventually died on me. Have you tried checking out Amazon? I know there's more of a chance of finding junk there, but you might have some luck. I found a couple under $100, but not sure on the quality. Reviews seem to be favorable.

This one looks really cheap, so not sure how it'll be. - Amazon product
    View: https://www.amazon.com/Craig-Magnavox-3-Pieces-Bluetooth-Technology/dp/B07X7GFNS5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=17SY8Z5O19XFW&keywords=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+player&qid=1665072577&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+playe%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

I kinda like this one, though it looks really small, so not sure how big the speakers need to be. - Amazon product
    View: https://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-MM435M-BK-Bluetooth-Technology-Compatible/dp/B0763THL2P/ref=sr_1_6?crid=17SY8Z5O19XFW&keywords=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+player&qid=1665072577&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+playe%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-6&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

Amazon product
    View: https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-Gold-Bookshelf-Bluetooth-Speakers/dp/B09HLCBDVD/ref=sr_1_20?crid=17SY8Z5O19XFW&keywords=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+player&qid=1665072755&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+playe%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-20&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

This one looks fancy nice, and is on sale for $49.99, but doesn't have many reviews- Amazon product
    View: https://www.amazon.com/Victrola-Bluetooth-CD-Stereo-System/dp/B07RQSMX1Z/ref=sr_1_30?crid=17SY8Z5O19XFW&keywords=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+player&qid=1665072755&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bookshelf+stereo+system+cd+playe%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-30

Otherwise, I second the suggestions of going to a thrift store, pawn shop, etc. You could also check out ebay if you haven't yet, you might find some deals there. They might sell them at places like Wal-mart, Best Buy as well.

AChris

Sixer First Class+
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey, it is for my mom not me. lol And what you saying? A lot of older tech was built better than it is now. All we got is cheap Chinese crap to choose from that breaks in a few years. I can't tell you how many times I have had to replace speakers but the ones from my dad's computer still sound dope and they are from 1998.
    Same for my Altec Lansing speakers and subwoofer that go back to 1995. They're now connected to my 4th computer.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Otherwise, I second the suggestions of going to a thrift store, pawn shop, etc. You could also check out ebay if you haven't yet, you might find some deals there. They might sell them at places like Wal-mart, Best Buy as well.
    Yeah, I was looking at a few of those. I might hit up a pawn shop or a thrift store this week. If I can find one in decent condition, I can tidy it up and make sure it works. I am sure my dad would help me if I need anything.