Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are Comic Book Hero Movies On The Chopping Block?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Seems like Marvel and DC have been having a bunch of problems. Their sales are dropping and people are losing interest in those types of movies. I don't know if this trend is dying or if it is just bad writing. I never really followed it but I do know they were some of the biggest box office earners in history and now they are only pulling in a fraction of what they once made.

I have seen a handful. Not really heavily invested in these franchises anymore. I grew up liking DC more but this was mainly with cartoons like Batman. These days I would rather watch TV series with new and fresh content and characters than remakes and re-imagining of old comic book heroes. That is just me though.

Anyone here follow either the MCU or DCU?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    They have saturated the market for a start. Too many movies. Secondly, a problem that comes with too many movies is the story line suffers. They become convoluted. Third, specifically with Batman and Superman over the years, it's become like James Bond. 4 or 5 different actors over the franchise over the years.

What makes the Jason Bourne series good is it was the same guy. Even in Fast & Furious they kept the core (RIP to one the one that died).

My advice to them is find new material. Sin City, The Walking Dead, based on comic books. And try not to milk it and be greedy by over doing.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Disney is killing off Marvel with all the agenda politics in it. I heard they are making an all female Avengers which no one asked for at all.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    You hit the nail on the head with Disney. I am a huge fan of Star Wars related stuff way before they bought it from George Lucas. They are effing it up little by little.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Disney is killing off Marvel with all the agenda politics in it. I heard they are making an all female Avengers which no one asked for at all.
    Did you see the latest about Star Wars? They are legit saying the next trilogy is for WOMEN and meant to make MEN feel uncomfortable. Like who the hell do they think their audience is? Lesbians??

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The main issue is that Marvel/Disney is just hiring indy directors to have more control of them and they are cheaper to get. Same for all these Disney plus shows they didn't even have show bibles and showrunners.
    So it is down to money? I would not be surprised. They are trying to pinch pennies by hiring less talented directors and shooting themselves in the foot. It really is a hot mess though with Disney these days.

Dukect

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So it is down to money? I would not be surprised. They are trying to pinch pennies by hiring less talented directors and shooting themselves in the foot. It really is a hot mess though with Disney these days.
    It was like that in the successful days of the MCU