Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are iPhones really worth the hype?

TeeGee

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
The iPhone is a mobile phone gadget made by the famous apple company and it always makes a lot of stirr on the internet with every new release in the phone series.

I am a lover of good gadgets but I don't really think the iPhones are actually as Wonderful as the media make it seem. It comes with good specifications though ranging from it camera quality but that has also been matched by other phones that are currently in the market.

The battery capacity on the iPhones are quite low and even the latest iPhone 13 has a battery capacity less than 4000mah which is quite low if you are looking for a phone with a long lasting battery.

What are your takes on this and would you still settle for an iPhone mobile phone device as opposed to the Android mobile phone devices.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I haven't owned an iphone since iphone 3g. The camera is nice, but I rarely take photos on my phone and these days, most smartphones have decent specs.

But it's funny to see women spend over a $1000 for a phone because of the crisp camera, only to use filters to blur out every "imperfection". Even the damn tattoos are blurred. lol.

I love gadgets too. But smartphone innovation slowed down to a crawl. Every phone it seems they only improve the camera and a few specs no one cares about.

I have an Android. But I'll die on the hill that the Windows Phone was the best original innovation in smartphones in the last decade. They were just too late, and didn't have the social app support the general public wanted. It's a damn shame after 15yrs, the menu on smartphones still using a basic grid system.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
The iPhone is a mobile phone gadget made by the famous apple company and it always makes a lot of stirr on the internet with every new release in the phone series.

I am a lover of good gadgets but I don't really think the iPhones are actually as Wonderful as the media make it seem. It comes with good specifications though ranging from it camera quality but that has also been matched by other phones that are currently in the market.

The battery capacity on the iPhones are quite low and even the latest iPhone 13 has a battery capacity less than 4000mah which is quite low if you are looking for a phone with a long lasting battery.

What are your takes on this and would you still settle for an iPhone mobile phone device as opposed to the Android mobile phone devices.
I don't think it's worth the price or people camping out overnight, waiting for Apple to open. To me, the iPhone isn't valuable like that.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm an anti-apple guy, so my answer is extremely biased. iPhones are overhyped in my opinion. iPhones are for people who are not too tech-savvy (in my opinion) they are boring, they all look the same and they overcharge for what you get. Samsung, OnePlus, OPPO, all make superior phones. with Apple, you're buying a name, status, or brand.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I haven't owned an iphone since iphone 3g. The camera is nice, but I rarely take photos on my phone and these days, most smartphones have decent specs.

But it's funny to see women spend over a $1000 for a phone because of the crisp camera, only to use filters to blur out every "imperfection". Even the damn tattoos are blurred. lol.

I love gadgets too. But smartphone innovation slowed down to a crawl. Every phone it seems they only improve the camera and a few specs no one cares about.

I have an Android. But I'll die on the hill that the Windows Phone was the best original innovation in smartphones in the last decade. They were just too late, and didn't have the social app support the general public wanted. It's a damn shame after 15yrs, the menu on smartphones still using a basic grid system.
    i remember the windows phone, it was tough at the time.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    People look at Apple through the lens of traditional tech and that’s why they get it wrong time and time again.

Apple at its very core is a design company that makes electronics. The design is not a product of technology, the technology is a product of the design.

That’s why they came out with a touch screen phone with a single button when phones looked like this:

831D9700-74ED-44BA-8BFA-43FDD67CAAC0.jpeg

To say the iPhone is overrated while holding a phone that’s just a screen with no buttons and has a full on web browser and an App Store is comical.

Apple made the modern smartphone viable. Before them, if you wanted a computing experience from a mobile device you had PDAs with full QWERTY keyboards and Stylus’ or Palm with its own writing system and you still couldn’t surf the full web.

When the iPhone dropped it was the first viable touchscreen mobile OS that gave you a real computing experience. It was sleek, modern, futuristic and had polish above and beyond anything we had seen at the time.

When you compare iPhones to Galaxy’s and go feature by feature the galaxy will win every time. But what about when you compare user experience? Apple dominates in user experience:
    • iPhone users are guaranteed to get the latest update for 4 to 5 years
    • There’s only one App Store with an expansive library of apps
    • An expansive ecosystem of accessories
    • You do not have to worry if your phone can run a particular app
    • Your data is seamlessly share amongst all you Apple devices
    • No undeleteable carrier or manufacturer apps. When you buy a galaxy you have a Samsung version of every app Google makes…explain that to Mom’s.

The value in Apple is not having every feature that pops up in some Product Manager’s head. It’s about making sure that every feature that is added is fine tuned and works as expected every single time.

They are not perfect, they suck hard at some things, sometimes the simplicity gets in the way of productivity but the user experience is unparalleled.

In addition, hold an iPhone 13 and then hold the Android alternatives, the build quality is amazing.

Sent from iPhone.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    People look at Apple through the lens of traditional tech and that’s why they get it wrong time and time again.

Apple at its very core is a design company that makes electronics. The design is not a product of technology, the technology is a product of the design.

That’s why they came out with a touch screen phone with a single button when phones looked like this:

View attachment 2719

To say the iPhone is overrated while holding a phone that’s just a screen with no buttons and has a full on web browser and an App Store is comical.

Apple made the modern smartphone viable. Before them, if you wanted a computing experience from a mobile device you had PDAs with full QWERTY keyboards and Stylus’ or Palm with its own writing system and you still couldn’t surf the full web.

When the iPhone dropped it was the first viable touchscreen mobile OS that gave you a real computing experience. It was sleek, modern, futuristic and had polish above and beyond anything we had seen at the time.

When you compare iPhones to Galaxy’s and go feature by feature the galaxy will win every time. But what about when you compare user experience? Apple dominates in user experience:
    • iPhone users are guaranteed to get the latest update for 4 to 5 years
    • There’s only one App Store with an expansive library of apps
    • An expansive ecosystem of accessories
    • You do not have to worry if your phone can run a particular app
    • Your data is seamlessly share amongst all you Apple devices
    • No undeleteable carrier or manufacturer apps. When you buy a galaxy you have a Samsung version of every app Google makes…explain that to Mom’s.

The value in Apple is not having every feature that pops up in some Product Manager’s head. It’s about making sure that every feature that is added is fine tuned and works as expected every single time.

They are not perfect, they suck hard at some things, sometimes the simplicity gets in the way of productivity but the user experience is unparalleled.
    Is this a sponsored post from Apple? lol

you make some solid points, but who really keeps a phone for 4-5yrs anymore? These smartphones are built to damn near make you upgrade every two years. And I'm sure they have plenty of accessories because Apple will dongle you to death. lol. But I do like the new macbooks that came out last fall, they corrected a lot of that.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

you make some solid points, but who really keeps a phone for 4-5yrs anymore? These smartphones are built to damn near make you upgrade every two years. And I'm sure they have plenty of accessories because Apple will dongle you to death. lol. But I do like the new macbooks that came out last fall, they corrected a lot of that.
    I've ALWAYS been an Android user & that's just what it is.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Sorry Blackice if I typed…

iphone is the shit yall niggaz broke green bubble niggas

Would that have been more appropriate?

50 cent laughing GIF

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    LMAO!!! only teenagers and women that steal iphone chargers care about damn text bubbles.
    Back when I was in the field and I got a woman’s number and it didnt turn blue showing that she had iMessage I’d be like:

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

“If this goes somewhere I need to get you a real phone”

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa

LOL, It's quite strange that people could go to any length to acquire the new iPhone out there. I certainly do agree that window were actually the best but didn't evolve as fast as the world was moving and Rapidly was outperformed by the Android and iPhone mobile phone devices.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    You couldn't say it is not worth the hype unless you've had the opportunity to make use of one. Yo! I will say that most of the iPhones that are on Sale got there not by name alone, but because of exclusivity that users get when they make use of the devices. I will pick an iPhone ( iPhone 12 mini my favorite) anytime a chance comes along.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

At this point, While I do have an iPhone and they are very reliable (more reliable than some androids....and I say some) The downside is that after a couple of years, once a new Iphone comes out; they will slowly move away from the last phone they created and slowly the upgrades will slow down to the point you won't get any which apple will force you to get a new phone. Then there's the price tag is not worth it at all to be honest.

There are pretty good phones that are affordable and have good learning curve and multi-functions. Oneplus for one has been making the rounds. another is Huawei (if trump didn't kick them out of the US). I was a Samsung galaxy head for a while but when it comes to their updates it takes a while for it to occur, in the first year its the fastest phone when it comes to tasks...but after that first year then things slow down and act up and this is a commonality when it comes to Galaxy phones. But in a world where you have two choices, Android and the iOS...there are phones that uses the Unbutu/Linux OS which I've heard is a superior choice. But its very few phones.

So, just my opinion I would say if you want to want android is pretty much a good option depending on the phone. But Apple is very reliable but expensive depending on the phone.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    You couldn't say it is not worth the hype unless you've had the opportunity to make use of one. Yo! I will say that most of the iPhones that are on Sale got there not by name alone, but because of exclusivity that users get when they make use of the devices. I will pick an iPhone ( iPhone 12 mini my favorite) anytime a chance comes along.
    Apple is already a great brand, so that's a huge market influence on the iPhone products already. It's a unique product for unique users that it matters to, although I'm not among them but I can very well appreciate something good.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    At this point, While I do have an iPhone and they are very reliable (more reliable than some androids....and I say some) The downside is that after a couple of years, once a new Iphone comes out; they will slowly move away from the last phone they created and slowly the upgrades will slow down to the point you won't get any which apple will force you to get a new phone. Then there's the price tag is not worth it at all to be honest.

There are pretty good phones that are affordable and have good learning curve and multi-functions. Oneplus for one has been making the rounds. another is Huawei (if trump didn't kick them out of the US). I was a Samsung galaxy head for a while but when it comes to their updates it takes a while for it to occur, in the first year its the fastest phone when it comes to tasks...but after that first year then things slow down and act up and this is a commonality when it comes to Galaxy phones. But in a world where you have two choices, Android and the iOS...there are phones that uses the Unbutu/Linux OS which I've heard is a superior choice. But its very few phones.

So, just my opinion I would say if you want to want android is pretty much a good option depending on the phone. But Apple is very reliable but expensive depending on the phone.
    The part where you talked about how the apple company slowly moves away from the older versions slowly withholding upgrades so you are compelled to get the latest one in the market, that's like forcing their customers to get the latest iphone which shouldn't be for any good company, as they are suppose to give out the best every time. Surprisingly the latest iphone version would just be so similar to the old one you wouldn't even notice a change in the specifications or mould of the phone.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The part where you talked about how the apple company slowly moves away from the older versions slowly withholding upgrades so you are compelled to get the latest one in the market, that's like forcing their customers to get the latest iphone which shouldn't be for any good company, as they are suppose to give out the best every time. Surprisingly the latest iphone version would just be so similar to the old one you wouldn't even notice a change in the specifications or mould of the phone.
    Lately Apple been catching on cause there were complaints that they were doing that shady tactic so now most phones today are no different than the last phone (Minus the different versions or different specs...). I think they are trying to work with those who have older Iphone's as well as the new ones now since the company is going thru changes.