Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Artist on a budget

D-Mann

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
If you are a designer and Adobes subscription of apps is too much check out affinity’s alternatives. I use them and you pay once to use on Mac, windows and iPad all at the same time if you wish.

Yuskii

Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    On the other hand, if you're looking for the best ever software for your buck, if you're an artist, then I solely recommend you check of this app called Clip Studio Paint (CSP).CSP is for all platforms, including PC, iPhone, Android, etc... Photoshop is the definite industry standard for artistry, but if there was a second, then it would definitely be Clip Studio Paint, and also CSP is way cheaper than Photoshop can ever be, and if you'd like to do a one time payment with no monthly subscription, then you can do that also with CSP too.

Only one thing is that CSP is usually just made for artists who like to draw and do design, and not photo editing, although you definitely can do some photo editing in there, you'd just have to be skilled enough to do it though.

D-Mann

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    On the other hand, if you're looking for the best ever software for your buck, if you're an artist, then I solely recommend you check of this app called Clip Studio Paint (CSP).CSP is for all platforms, including PC, iPhone, Android, etc... Photoshop is the definite industry standard for artistry, but if there was a second, then it would definitely be Clip Studio Paint, and also CSP is way cheaper than Photoshop can ever be, and if you'd like to do a one time payment with no monthly subscription, then you can do that also with CSP too.

Only one thing is that CSP is usually just made for artists who like to draw and do design, and not photo editing, although you definitely can do some photo editing in there, you'd just have to be skilled enough to do it though.
    Yeah CSP is solid I use it for illustration. Lol. I do prefer procreates drawing engine tho on the iPad.

D-Mann

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you have any tips for a beginner? I mean I am still used to drawing with physical pen/paper so it is a bit of an adjustment to say the least!
    It’s funny drawing on paper I can get the lines just right. Digital sometimes takes a second try. Anyways do you have a drawing tablet with a screen? If so adding a screen protector like the brand Paperlike makes drawing feel like paper instead of smooth glass.

You mentioned Krita which I have watched demos and that app is really good for free. The best thing you can do is watch a vid of the basics how the app works then try and do a finished illustration. That way you will play with all the brushes etc and you will quickly figure out your fav tools. After you get comfy just drawing then go watch vids of tips and trick and advance techniques.

For Gimp you create vector art like logos or vector illustrations as well? Or I’m thinking of Inkscape lol.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It’s funny drawing on paper I can get the lines just right. Digital sometimes takes a second try. Anyways do you have a drawing tablet with a screen? If so adding a screen protector like the brand Paperlike makes drawing feel like paper instead of smooth glass.

You mentioned Krita which I have watched demos and that app is really good for free. The best thing you can do is watch a vid of the basics how the app works then try and do a finished illustration. That way you will play with all the brushes etc and you will quickly figure out your fav tools. After you get comfy just drawing then go watch vids of tips and trick and advance techniques.

For Gimp you create vector art like logos or vector illustrations as well? Or I’m thinking of Inkscape lol.
    I never thought to put a screen protector on it, going to have to try that. Mine has a screen yeah.

GIMP is a stripped down Photoshop-like media program. You can do just about anything on there but it has its limits in some areas. Like I can make gifs, logos, edit photos, etc. as well as draw but it doesn't have all the key features of Photoshop.