The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

As a man, would you file for child support?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
A bit of background to the question.

My boyfriend found out his baby's mamma is earning more than he is. He has no "real" struggle supporting his daughter but he would be able to afford better care, be able to send her to a better school, and have more money for her to do things if he was getting child support. He is on the fence about filing for it. She wants nothing to do with their daughter but he has a right to file.

So my question to the gentlemen of this forum, if you knew your baby's mamma was earning more than you and you were the one taking care of the child, would you file?

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Child Support isn't just for women it's for the custodial parent he has a right to file if he wants to and there's no shame in that but if he can work something out amicably with the child's mother that is also the most preferred route that parents should take. The child support system as it is now is a scam to keep the non custodial parent in debt to the system. The system should help the family not just part of the family unit right now women are using it as a weapon especially against men.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

My boyfriend found out his baby's mamma is earning more than he is. He has no "real" struggle supporting his daughter but he would be able to afford better care, be able to send her to a better school, and have more money for her to do things if he was getting child support. He is on the fence about filing for it. She wants nothing to do with their daughter but he has a right to file.

So my question to the gentlemen of this forum, if you knew your baby's mamma was earning more than you and you were the one taking care of the child, would you file?
    I know some men that did. The mothers abandoned the family, so yeah, GIT DEM BIOTCH'S!

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Child Support isn't just for women it's for the custodial parent he has a right to file if he wants to and there's no shame in that but if he can work something out amicably with the child's mother that is also the most preferred route that parents should take. The child support system as it is now is a scam to keep the non custodial parent in debt to the system. The system should help the family not just part of the family unit right now women are using it as a weapon especially against men.
    She isn't going to talk to him and doesn't want anything to do with the kid. I think I told a bit of the background on here before. She is a white woman with racist parents. I think they got into her head.

D

Deleted member 1946

I would file. It is the most sensible thing to do.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I was a stay at home father and she was the bread winner and I had custody, hell yeah.
    That is the thing that he is not sure of. He makes decent money. She just happens to be making more than him while he is raising her 100% on his own. When he is at work, his mother watches her which is a few hours Mon-Fri after school.