Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Atlanta on FX

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I read a comment somewhere that Atlanta was a show for white liberals, and that it wasn't a Black show because of Hiro.
I disagree, wholeheartedly.
Atlanta was one of the Blackest shows that I've ever seen, and not just on a surface level. This isn't a show for white folks or new negroes; you have to know what Murray's hair grease smells like to actually get it. From the very beginning, there were so many jokes, symbols, references, Easter eggs, and cameos that would only make sense if you knew the joy/pain/rage/beauty of being Black in AmeriKKKa.
Atlanta wasn't just a run-of-the-mill tv show, it was a piece of Black art.
I highly recommend it.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I read a comment somewhere that Atlanta was a show for white liberals, and that it wasn't a Black show because of Hiro.
I disagree, wholeheartedly.
Atlanta was one of the Blackest shows that I've ever seen, and not just on a surface level. This isn't a show for white folks or new negroes; you have to know what Murray's hair grease smells like to actually get it. From the very beginning, there were so many jokes, symbols, references, Easter eggs, and cameos that would only make sense if you knew the joy/pain/rage/beauty of being Black in AmeriKKKa.
Atlanta wasn't just a run-of-the-mill tv show, it was a piece of Black art.
I highly recommend it.
I was the Afro Sheen sistah & that series is a piece of our history, during that era. ✊🏽