The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Baby Mama's Will Have to Start Paying for Their DNA Tests | Maury is Cancelled After 31 Years

HeffDawg

Sixer
Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    maury-ending.png

Long-standing daytime talk show Maury is coming to an end after 31 years on the air, according to a report from Broadcasting+Cable.
    https://tvline.com/lists/tv-shows-e...022/03/19/maury-povich-show-ending-cancelled/
    The series, which is of course hosted by TV veteran Maury Povich, will cease production this spring, but will continue to air repeats in syndication.

TVLine reached out to NBCUniversal on Saturday afternoon for comment.

Maury began in 1991 as The Maury Povich Show under the auspices of Paramount Domestic Television. However, in 1998, its title was shortened when production was taken over by what is now known as NBCUniversal. It was last renewed two years ago through the 2021-2022 TV season. In May of 2016, the show celebrated a huge milestone as it marked its 3,000th episode.

Povich began his career as a radio reporter in Washington D.C. before achieving national fame as the host of A Current Affair in 1986. He stayed with the infotainment series until his departure in 1990.

---

I always felt that this show was scripted so I don't feel like it's a loss. What was your favorite Maury scene? This is my GOAT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWwuqPxfEuc

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    maury-ending.png

Long-standing daytime talk show Maury is coming to an end after 31 years on the air, according to a report from Broadcasting+Cable.
    TV Shows Ending in 2022: This Is Us, black-ish, Animal Kingdom, Expanse, The Walking Dead and 25 Others
    The series, which is of course hosted by TV veteran Maury Povich, will cease production this spring, but will continue to air repeats in syndication.

Maury began in 1991 as The Maury Povich Show under the auspices of Paramount Domestic Television. However, in 1998, its title was shortened when production was taken over by what is now known as NBCUniversal. It was last renewed two years ago through the 2021-2022 TV season. In May of 2016, the show celebrated a huge milestone as it marked its 3,000th episode.

Povich began his career as a radio reporter in Washington D.C. before achieving national fame as the host of A Current Affair in 1986. He stayed with the infotainment series until his departure in 1990.

---

I always felt that this show was scripted so I don't feel like it's a loss. What was your favorite Maury scene? This is my GOAT.

I am not sad seeing that side show finally coming to an end.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    maury-ending.png

TV Shows Ending in 2022: This Is Us, black-ish, Animal Kingdom, Expanse, The Walking Dead and 25 Others

---

No shade, but Maury, Jerry Springer, Housewives of any city or state, Bad Girls Club & anything related just doesn't appeal to me. They're degrading to me, exploiting our people negatively. Those sort of things trigger me & not positively.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    These kinds of shows had funny moments but they were mostly displays of trash. Scripted or not, it was as bad as Jerry Springer. Having people fight on a stage and call each other names. Dragging kids into the mix. I thought it was funny in my early teens but now I just view it as embarrassing.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No shade, but Maury, Jerry Springer, Housewives of any city or state, Bad Girls Club & anything related just doesn't appeal to me. They're degrading to me, exploiting our people negatively. Those sort of things trigger me & not positively.
    As well as shows like Cops (which was cancelled back in 2020 due to the backlash from George Floyd's murder). They need to cancel the garbage shows you listed next.

Shows like Maury, Jerry Springer, Cheaters, Wendy Williams, TMZ, and these trash reality / talk shows are low value entertainment that appeal to the low informational, lower classes, the classless, the unemployed, lowest common denominator, and speculating people who just developed a bad habit / guilty pleasure / addictive craving to see mess or hear about drama and are idle or bored.

I was in the last category for awhile in regards to merely Maury and Steve Wilkos (as Wilkos is slightly more "high brow" imo) until about 5 years ago because I grew up watching and listening to those type of shows as someone in the household would almost always have them on and I was drawn in. And then you had talk shows like Ricky Lake and The Sally Show back in day that aired alongside shows like Maury. When I finally moved away, I literally felt like I was going through withdrawals and kept craving to watch these garbage shows to see the drama and mess. I repeatedly told myself no and with discipline.

Eventually, I was able to shake that shit off, developed a backbone, and confirmed to my heightened standards. I was and am finally done with that kind of bullshit. That garbage literally rots your brain and helps you normalize and accept dysfunction and hell in your life in various ways. No different than other dysfunctional gutter shit like TMZ, Bossip, WorldStarHipHop, TheShadeRoom, Baller Alert, MediaTakeOut, MadameNoire, certain parts of the LSA forum, etc.

These shows helped and continue to help reaffirm and promote negative stereotypes about Black people with the small group of ignorant Black people willing to embarrass themselves on television like some lost (buck)broken ass tools for white supremacy to use.

Maury and Jerry Springer may be white, but they are also Jewish which is more proof that these other so-called "oppressed" groups are doing white supremacy's bidding and are helping to maintain our systematic dysfunction and oppression for their own benefit. And then they wanna act like they're doing us a fucking favor when and if they do act friendly and understanding towards us, do some basic charity work, give us "advice" and offer help. Highly exploitative, disingenuous and calculated.

And don't get me started on the predatory commercials and ads that shows like Maury and Jerry Springer repeatedly ran on commercial breaks to promote predatory loan programs like sellout Montell Williams's Money Mutual, scamming ass charities, predatory for-profit schools and training programs like ICDC College and Education Connection and Everest College, scamming ass car lots and dealerships, and other bait by con artists looking to take advantage of (especially) Black people.

Deprive and rob Black people of resources and worthwhile opportunities, miseducate and harm Black people and defund Black schools, and then promote the "cure" (aka, scamming ass programs) to the same Black people and tricking us into thinking we can just sign up for those programs to get our resources back because it's our money and we need it now. These predatory commercial blocks are shining, evil, wicked prime examples of white supremacy.

I stopped watching Cops between 2008 and 2011 when I realized most these Cops weren't the good guys that the worst cops were like the dumb cops from Superbad and The Simpsons. When I opened my eyes to the police brutality, the fact that the actual "good" cops cover for or turn a blind eye to the bad / evil ones, the infestation of white supremacist thugs in the police force that masquerade as the "good guys" while committing actual gang activity under the guise of maintaining law and order and being rewarded as worshipped for it, and the innocent Black people being murdered and harmed or targeted or set up, I was done with them completely. I couldn't bare to watch or stomach Cops anymore.

The only Cops type of shows they should have on TV are things that can help the public at large like America's Most Wanted and To Catch A Predator without it being racially motivated and only hyperfocusing on the Black people who commit crime, but they canceled those shows and made an example out of Chris Hansen ever since one of their own evil elite pedophiles killed himself after being rightfully exposed by the likes of Chris Hansen on a TV episode.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    As well as shows like Cops (which was cancelled back in 2020 due to the backlash from George Floyd's murder). They need to cancel the garbage shows you listed next.

Shows like Maury, Jerry Springer, Cheaters, Wendy Williams, TMZ, and these trash reality / talk shows are low value entertainment that appeal to the low informational, lower classes, the classless, the unemployed, lowest common denominator, and speculating people who just developed a bad habit / guilty pleasure / addictive craving to see mess or hear about drama and are idle or bored.

I was in the last category for awhile in regards to merely Maury and Steve Wilkos (as Wilkos is slightly more "high brow" imo) until about 5 years ago because I grew up watching and listening to those type of shows as someone in the household would almost always have them on and I was drawn in. And then you had talk shows like Ricky Lake and The Sally Show back in day that aired alongside shows like Maury. When I finally moved away, I literally felt like I was going through withdrawals and kept craving to watch these garbage shows to see the drama and mess. I repeatedly told myself no and with discipline.

Eventually, I was able to shake that shit off, developed a backbone, and confirmed to my heightened standards. I was and am finally done with that kind of bullshit. That garbage literally rots your brain and helps you normalize and accept dysfunction and hell in your life in various ways. No different than other dysfunctional gutter shit like TMZ, Bossip, WorldStarHipHop, TheShadeRoom, Baller Alert, MediaTakeOut, MadameNoire, certain parts of the LSA forum, etc.

These shows helped and continue to help reaffirm and promote negative stereotypes about Black people with the small group of ignorant Black people willing to embarrass themselves on television like some lost (buck)broken ass tools for white supremacy to use.

Maury and Jerry Springer may be white, but they are also Jewish which is more proof that these other so-called "oppressed" groups are doing white supremacy's bidding and are helping to maintain our systematic dysfunction and oppression for their own benefit. And then they wanna act like they're doing us a fucking favor when and if they do act friendly and understanding towards us, do some basic charity work, give us "advice" and offer help. Highly exploitative, disingenuous and calculated.

And don't get me started on the predatory commercials and ads that shows like Maury and Jerry Springer repeatedly ran on commercial breaks to promote predatory loan programs like sellout Montell Williams's Money Mutual, scamming ass charities, promote predatory for-profit schools and training programs like ICDC College and Education Connection and Everest College, scamming ass car lots and dealerships, and other bait by con artists looking to take advantage of (especially) Black people.

Deprive and rob Black people of resources and worthwhile opportunities, miseducate and harm Black people and defund Black schools, and then promote the "cure" (aka, scamming ass programs) to the same Black people and tricking us into thinking we can just sign up for those programs to get our resources back because it's our money and we need it now. These predatory commercial blocks are shining, evil, wicked prime examples of white supremacy.

I stopped watching Cops between 2008 and 2011 when I realized most these Cops weren't the good guys that the worst cops were like the dumb cops from Superbad and The Simpsons. When I opened my eyes to the police brutality, the fact that the actual "good" cops cover for or turn a blind eye to the bad / evil ones, the infestation of white supremacist thugs in the police force that masquerade as the "good guys" while committing actual gang activity under the guise of maintaining law and order and being rewarded as worshipped for it, and the innocent Black people being murdered and harmed or targeted or set up, I was done with them completely. I couldn't bare to watch or stomach Cops anymore.

The only Cops type of shows they should have on TV are things that can help the public at large like America's Most Wanted and To Catch A Predator without it being racially motivated and only hyperfocusing on the Black people who commit crime, but they canceled those shows and made an example out of Chris Hansen ever since one of their own evil elite pedophiles killed himself after being rightfully exposed by the likes of Chris Hansen on a TV episode.
    I even stopped watching BAIT CAR, because they targeted mostly Black people.
    There was one show that targeted pedophiles & I liked that one. Married white & Latino men were trapped by young looking female police officers. Though I can't remember the name of the show.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

And don't get me started on the predatory commercials and ads that shows like Maury and Jerry Springer repeatedly ran on commercial breaks to promote predatory loan programs like sellout Montell Williams's Money Mutual, scamming ass charities, predatory for-profit schools and training programs like ICDC College and Education Connection and Everest College, scamming ass car lots and dealerships, and other bait by con artists looking to take advantage of (especially) Black people.

Giiiiil, parts of LSA are a wasteland. A bunch of bitter, black men hating, white men worshipping, toxic, feminist, delusional, insecure, ghetto, ratchet “fonts”.

I had to let that go. Same with TSR, MN, and other blogs. Just a bunch of anti-Black junk.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I even stopped watching BAIT CAR, because they targeted mostly Black people.
    There was one show that targeted pedophiles & I liked that one. Married white & Latino men were trapped by young looking female police officers. Though I can't remember the name of the show.
    Yeah why don’t they park them in white meth head enclaves? Because it is against the narrative of white supremacy. There’s are some run down ass white areas where crime is high but the police don’t target them like that.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Yeah why don’t they park them in white meth head enclaves? Because it is against the narrative of white supremacy. There’s are some run down ass white areas where crime is high but the police don’t target them like that.
    They don't f*ck with the "WHITE TRAILER TRASH" like that, their words. Even though they're beneath WS, they still have the complexion for the protection! 💯

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    When I saw Montell do money mutual I looked at him differently. For so long I thought he was about helping the community but pushing high interest pay day loan services had me looking at him sideways. I thought I was the only one that caught that.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    When I saw Montell do money mutual I looked at him differently. For so long I thought he was about helping the community but pushing high interest pay day loan services had me looking at him sideways. I thought I was the only one that caught that.
    There's also commercials featuring Black people, pushing this next poisonous CoVid booster shot!
    No words! 🤬 Already been in the dog house for advocating violence.
    I'm just really sick of these COONologists bootlicking for WS! 🤬

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    There's also commercials featuring Black people, pushing this next poisonous CoVid booster shot!
    No words! 🤬 Already been in the dog house for advocating violence.
    I'm just really sick of these COONologists bootlicking for WS! 🤬
    You weren't in the dog house I actually know Jay. I won't speak for that man but he was being forward looking. How long do you think they will allow a site full of Black people preaching violence to exist? Do you not think the FBI would show up at Jay's doorstep? So it wasn't about you being put in the dog house it was about making sure this space continues to exist for us all.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    You weren't in the dog house I actually know Jay. I won't speak for that man but he was being forward looking. How long do you think they will allow a site full of Black people preaching violence to exist? Do you not think the FBI would show up at Jay's doorstep? So it wasn't about you being put in the dog house it was about making sure this space continues to exist for us all.
    As I explained before, I'm triggered when I see my people injured & killed. Been seeing it since age 5. I've gotten much better in a 30 year period, but still angered at some things I see. Not making it about me, just stating facts.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    As I explained before, I'm triggered when I see my people injured & killed. Been seeing it since age 5. I've gotten much better in a 30 year period, but still angered at some things I see. Not making it about me, just stating facts.
    Never said you were making it about you. I simply letting you know that you were never in the dog house.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa

As much as I agree, this era, coupled in with WWE/WCW, are the most influential peices of "art", ever. They proved that we live for drama and low brow content. Kevin Samuels went viral for it, we keep wanting to find out what's going on with Tory and Meg, and Will Smith smacking a comedian is getting more press than him winning an Oscar.