Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Safe, legal, rare. That is the only way things change. We should make the perception of getting an abortion bad again and the only circumstances in which they should happen is when there are no other options or the health of the mother is at risk.

People will just keep fighting over this while women get caught in the crosshairs. Abortions shouldn't be a free pass to be a hoe but they should not be illegal.

D

Deleted member 1946

Safe, legal, rare. That is the only way things change. We should make the perception of getting an abortion bad again and the only circumstances in which they should happen is when there are no other options or the health of the mother is at risk.

People will just keep fighting over this while women get caught in the crosshairs. Abortions shouldn't be a free pass to be a hoe but they should not be illegal.
    Those 3 words you started with make the process clear in people's minds.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Whatever side of the issue you are on, one thing is 100 percent true. Republicans only care about stopping white women from having abortions but they can't figure a way out of making that happen. They are hoping Black women still do it. Culturally, Latinos and Asians don't abort babies as much as we do. Also, part of white Dems motivation to keep abortion alive is so that black women keep 'over-aborting' in in comparison to other groups. They don't care. If they did, they would be making sure Black women have safe pregnancies. And our sisters have the worst stats when it comes to pre and post natal care. Systemically and endemically.

That said, if or when they do punish a black woman for aborting, its done: 1. As a warning to white women and 2. Just a pretense to put a sista in jail.

At some point, as a community, we need to create our own system for taking care of unwanted kids. In our grandparents days relatives took them in. The break up of the black family, especially drug addiction, has severely impacted that. That's why there are so many black kids in foster care.

D

Deleted member 1946

Well, since you don't vote all you can do is wonder. Use your political power instead of letting other people choose for you!
    Ummm. I'm not voting for most of the democrats either. Two wings of the same dirty bird. There are plenty of examples in the US with democrats controlling things, and the status quo stays the same. Until I see a candidate that is pushing a satisfactory agenda overall, then I will not be voting for anybody. I'm nobody's slave. Most politicians are controlled by the powers that shouldn't be.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ummm. I'm not voting for most of the democrats either. Two wings of the same dirty bird. There are plenty of examples in the US with democrats controlling things, and the status quo stays the same. Until I see a candidate that is pushing a satisfactory agenda overall, then I will not be voting for anybody. I'm nobody's slave. Most politicians are controlled by the powers that shouldn't be.
    I never mentioned Democrats. I said that by not using your political muscle that you're letting other people (usually white) control your circumstances. If that's the choice that you want to make, that's fine; just don't complain about it.
    Also, if you're sitting around waiting for the perfect candidate with the perfect agenda, then you'll always end up watching the game from the sidelines. Do some research on a candidate instead of just seeing their party affiliation. The truth is, you can always find a candidate who is offering something that you like (lower taxes, better roads, more libraries, safer parks, newer schools, etc.) in your local community. There is no good reason to sit on your hands and let somebody else choose those things for you.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The white conservatives know this matter is BS. In the days when abortion was illegal, doctors aborted many times to save the life of the mother or a fetus that is so deformed it can barely live. People forget that.

Look it up. It was a reasonable and common occurrence that was part of medical practice pre abortion. Hollywood had doctors that performed abortions for their top actresses as well. Everyone knew that. The rich had the same. Hollywood and the rich had very good doctors in safe conditions or they flew to Mexico on the west coast or pre Batista Cuba on the east coast.

The problem is the white conservatives are so triggered over giving an inch in the abortion debate they are banning abortions that was acceptable 100 years ago (life of the mother, fetus that didn't develop certain organs and weren't viable outside the womb).

70 years ago this specific condition wouldn't be an issue.