Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Black characters in 80’s cartoons

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel like it wasn't until the 90's and 00's that we started seeing better representation of black characters in cartoons. 80's felt like they had nothing but muscular white guys with long hair! I was born in 1990 so I'm more familiar with the 90's and 00's series, I never really watched much of the stuff that came out in the 80's other than A Pup Named Scooby Doo and Inspector Gadget. You've got the Carmichales from Rugrats, Skeeter of course, Static aka Virgil Hawkins from Static Shock, and of course Cyborg from Teen Titans.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I feel like it wasn't until the 90's and 00's that we started seeing better representation of black characters in cartoons. 80's felt like they had nothing but muscular white guys with long hair! I was born in 1990 so I'm more familiar with the 90's and 00's series, I never really watched much of the stuff that came out in the 80's other than A Pup Named Scooby Doo and Inspector Gadget. You've got the Carmichales from Rugrats, Skeeter of course, Static aka Virgil Hawkins from Static Shock, and of course Cyborg from Teen Titans.
    Earlier than that they only made the superheroes black and