The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Can OR does anyone wanna make sense of this nonsense -trivia? No poetic license for black artists then . . . . ?

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
Have to admit this did make me laugh some as it took me back to when someone at school wanted to insult one of their peers but lacked the wit or intellect to do so and simply resorted to calling you a spastic or a spaz which was considered the lowest form of insult - well before it all became PC. Okay, it was puerile and harmless but hurtful.
Amazing how a mere word can be as visceral as a double edge sword!
Who are these self appointed WORD TSARS anyway?!
Massive Oops for Beyonće 🤑 😂😂😂

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
BS. I'm not going to take their faux outrage seriously until these very same anti-ableism advocates publicly call out and pressure Twitch (the video gamer streaming site) and TikTok to change their names into something else. After all, many peoole with disabilities have twitches and tics and these 2 sites are among the most popular sites with the largest audiences online. Are the names Twitch and TikTok /TicToc inappropriate to you? If you gonna go after one, go after all. Otherwise, this matter is just more manufactured anti-Black racial targeting disguised as phony concern. Same with those phony #MeToo and #TimesUp movements.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
There's good cancel culture, and then there's straight up BS #CancelCulture.

This, right here, is straight up BS #CancelCulture. Out of all the things to be angry and outraged about, you choose this?! Where is this energy and outrage for murderous and abusive WS cops, anti-Black racism, the corrupt white house and government, horrible economy, and children being targeted for predatory abuse? We've been using the word "spaz" and the phrase "spaz out" for years! Now we can't say "spaz" no more, but saying the n-word, b1tch, and r3tard/r3tarded are totally okay (especially if the Black people, women, and disabled people use the words respectively)? GTFOH.

This inane faux outrage, selective outrage culture BS makes me wanna spaz and pull my damn hair out.

Beyoncé’s seventh studio album “Renaissance” debuted July 29 to universal acclaim, but one lyric in the song “Heated” left many listeners outraged on social media. The song includes the word “spaz” during a verse in which Beyonce sings: “Spazzin’ on that ass, spazz on that ass.” In the medical field, “spastic” refers to a disability that makes it difficult for people to control their muscles, especially in their arms and legs. The singer’s team confirmed to Variety that the lyric will be removed.

“The word, not used intentionally in a harmful way, will be replaced,” a statement from Beyoncé’s team reads.

The lyric was criticized as ableist and offensive on social media, and it even inspired an essay published on The Guardian in which writer Hannah Diviney wrote, “Beyoncé’s commitment to storytelling musically and visually is unparalleled, as is her power to have the world paying attention to the narratives, struggles and nuanced lived experience of being a Black woman… But that doesn’t excuse her use of ableist language.

Beyoncé’s decision to remove the ableist lyric follows Lizzo’s decision to do the same. Lizzo used the same term in her song “Grrrls” off her latest album, “Special.” In the original track, Lizzo sang: “Hold my bag, bitch, hold my bag/ Do you see this shit? I’m a spaz.” The new version of the song finds Lizzo singing: “Hold my bag, bitch, Hold my bag/ Do you see this shit? Hold me back.”

“Let’s make one thing clear: I never want to promote derogatory language,” Lizzo wrote on social media while announcing the lyric change. The singer added that she was “proud” to have taken the steps to “listen and take action.”

Outrage over the offensive lyric is far from the only controversy Beyoncé has had to deal with regarding the “Renaissance” release. The album leaked online two days before its official release date, and then singer Kelis repeatedly slammed Beyoncé for sampling her 2003 song “Milkshake” without informing her. “It’s not a collab it’s theft,” Kelis said. The singer is not a credited songwriter on “Milkshake,” so it’s unlikely that Beyoncé’s team was contractually required to inform Kelis of the sample.

“Renaissance” is now streaming and available for purchase.

-----

Look at this horseshit again, carefully:
Hannah Diviney wrote, “Beyoncé’s commitment to storytelling musically and visually is unparalleled, as is her power to have the world paying attention to the narratives, struggles and nuanced lived experience of being a Black woman… But that doesn’t excuse her use of ableist language.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Really bih?

They are seriously out here trying to make Black people the faces of not just criminality, but all forms of hate, racism, Anti-Semitism, fatphobia, personal irresponsibility and personal accountability (???), "Black privilege", homophobia, transphobia, enbyphobia, ableism, sexism, misogyny, depravity, perversion, and bigotry. They. Know. What. They. Are. Doing. They are doing everything to flip the script on our asses and wag their fingers at us DARVO / Joy Reid style. This is spiteful, racist, and outright wrong.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
BS. I'm not going to take their faux outrage seriously until these very same anti-ableism advocates publicly call out and pressure Twitch (the video gamer streaming site) and TikTok to change their names into something else. After all, many peoole with disabilities have twitches and tics and these 2 sites are among the most popular sites with the largest audiences online. Are the names Twitch and TikTok /TicToc inappropriate to you? If you gonna go after one, go after all. Otherwise, this matter is just more manufactured anti-Black racial targeting disguised as phony concern. Same with those phony #MeToo and #TimesUp movements.
Great observation because I missed that with the two examples you cited! It is double standards with these anti black anything people. Great points!👍🏿👊🏿

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
There's good cancel culture, and then there's straight up BS #CancelCulture.

This, right here, is straight up BS #CancelCulture. Out of all the things to be angry and outraged about, you choose this?! Where is this energy and outrage for murderous and abusive WS cops, anti-Black racism, the corrupt white house and government, horrible economy, and children being targeted for predatory abuse? We've been using the word "spaz" and the phrase "spaz out" for years! Now we can't say "spaz" no more, but saying the n-word, b1tch, and r3tard/r3tarded are totally okay (especially if the Black people, women, and disabled people use the words respectively)? GTFOH.

This inane faux outrage, selective outrage culture BS makes me wanna spaz and pull my damn hair out.

Beyoncé’s seventh studio album “Renaissance” debuted July 29 to universal acclaim, but one lyric in the song “Heated” left many listeners outraged on social media. The song includes the word “spaz” during a verse in which Beyonce sings: “Spazzin’ on that ass, spazz on that ass.” In the medical field, “spastic” refers to a disability that makes it difficult for people to control their muscles, especially in their arms and legs. The singer’s team confirmed to Variety that the lyric will be removed.

“The word, not used intentionally in a harmful way, will be replaced,” a statement from Beyoncé’s team reads.

The lyric was criticized as ableist and offensive on social media, and it even inspired an essay published on The Guardian in which writer Hannah Diviney wrote, “Beyoncé’s commitment to storytelling musically and visually is unparalleled, as is her power to have the world paying attention to the narratives, struggles and nuanced lived experience of being a Black woman… But that doesn’t excuse her use of ableist language.

Beyoncé’s decision to remove the ableist lyric follows Lizzo’s decision to do the same. Lizzo used the same term in her song “Grrrls” off her latest album, “Special.” In the original track, Lizzo sang: “Hold my bag, bitch, hold my bag/ Do you see this shit? I’m a spaz.” The new version of the song finds Lizzo singing: “Hold my bag, bitch, Hold my bag/ Do you see this shit? Hold me back.”

“Let’s make one thing clear: I never want to promote derogatory language,” Lizzo wrote on social media while announcing the lyric change. The singer added that she was “proud” to have taken the steps to “listen and take action.”

Outrage over the offensive lyric is far from the only controversy Beyoncé has had to deal with regarding the “Renaissance” release. The album leaked online two days before its official release date, and then singer Kelis repeatedly slammed Beyoncé for sampling her 2003 song “Milkshake” without informing her. “It’s not a collab it’s theft,” Kelis said. The singer is not a credited songwriter on “Milkshake,” so it’s unlikely that Beyoncé’s team was contractually required to inform Kelis of the sample.

“Renaissance” is now streaming and available for purchase.

-----

Look at this horseshit again, carefully:
Hannah Diviney wrote, “Beyoncé’s commitment to storytelling musically and visually is unparalleled, as is her power to have the world paying attention to the narratives, struggles and nuanced lived experience of being a Black woman… But that doesn’t excuse her use of ableist language.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Really bih?

They are seriously out here trying to make Black people the faces of not just criminality, but all forms of hate, racism, Anti-Semitism, fatphobia, personal irresponsibility and personal accountability (???), "Black privilege", homophobia, transphobia, enbyphobia, ableism, sexism, misogyny, depravity, perversion, and bigotry. They. Know. What. They. Are. Doing. They are doing everything to flip the script on our asses and wag their fingers at us DARVO / Joy Reid style. This is spiteful, racist, and outright wrong.
Excellent points! Called to mind the psychology they adopt as identified by Dr Amos Wilson to divert attention away from THEIR deviance and criminality by projecting their evil traits unto us. Sadly, many of these black artists eagerly jump through hoops and perform back flips to appease white critics and industry purse string controllers. Black first is not a priority or in their psyche.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Excellent points! Called to mind the psychology they adopt as identified by Dr Amos Wilson to divert attention away from THEIR deviance and criminality by projecting their evil traits unto us. Sadly, many of these black artists eagerly jump through hoops and perform back flips to appease white critics and industry purse string controllers. Black first is not a priority or in their psyche.
Another way for them to overpolice, berate, whip, and control Black folks and having us walk around their eggshells / traps in order to stay in their "good graces" and not cause any "bad or good troubla." Them getting at and coming for Beyonce over such a little, trivial, thing like this is like how they come after and penalize Black sports players over every little thing they say or do (or don't say or do, like not doing enough for Britney Griner even though they are not public officials) that the dominant society conveniently claims to be "wrong." Or how they came after Jay-Z when he mentioned the good "stereotype" about the white Jewish people being financially savvy in his song "The Story of OJ." Or how they embarrassed Nick Cannon and Whoopi Goldberg and made them bow down and give them money to the white Jewish community over so-called "anti-Semitic" commentary that was rooted in reality. Or how they came after Megan the Stallion, YG, and Ice Cube over "hateful" lyrics about Asians. Or how they tried to cancel Da Baby and Dave Chappelle over "homophobia" and "transphobia." Or how they recently came after Tyga and forced him to apologize to Mexicans wearing Blackface and a longtime known anti-Black racist Mexican named Mexican American Cholo over a music video parodying Mexican people and culture.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
Another way for them to overpolice, berate, whip, and control Black folks and having us walk around their eggshells / traps in order to stay in their "good graces" and not cause any "bad or good troubla." Them getting at and coming for Beyonce over such a little, trivial, thing like this is like how they come after and penalize Black sports players over every little thing they say or do (or don't say or do, like not doing enough for Britney Griner even though they are not public officials) that the dominant society conveniently claims to be "wrong." Or how they came after Jay-Z when he mentioned the good "stereotype" about the white Jewish people being financially savvy in his song "The Story of OJ." Or how they embarrassed Nick Cannon and Whoopi Goldberg and made them bow down and give them money to the white Jewish community over so-called "anti-Semitic" commentary that was rooted in reality. Or how they came after Megan the Stallion, YG, and Ice Cube over "hateful" lyrics about Asians. Or how they tried to cancel Da Baby and Dave Chappelle over "homophobia" and "transphobia." Or how they recently came after Tyga and forced him to apologize to Mexicans wearing Blackface and a longtime known anti-Black racist Mexican named Mexican American Cholo over a music video parodying Mexican people and culture.
Wow bruh - you penned it!!👍🏿👊🏿
Now, if we could just stop showing deference to them by publicly apologising for being right in conveying the TRUTH irrespective of financial consequences -that's the real consequence that black celebs and artists face and fear the most that's used as a tool to make them heel before these insufferable hueless racist bastards. Pertinently, they are known to murder those who defy them and refuse to show deference -MJ, Sam Cook and others. We can't keep cowering though.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
You know why Dave Chapelle, Donald Trump, Tariq, and others still got people effing with them? They doubled down on what they believed in. I am in no way saying I support Trump by the way, he doubled down on bullshit. The very fact he got into the WH shows America's finished as a power. But he still got people f*cking with him heavy (for all the wrong reasons) because they didn't give a f*ck what the blow back is.

If you are black especially and double down, Black people will show you love. Dave Chapelle did and got love not only from Blacks but many non Blacks. Tariq Nasheed's 'Buck Breaking' is another example. That movie would have otherwise died in its conception but he gave no fux and doubled down.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Say it Again, but LOUDER ‼️ 1659427807461.png

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Have to admit this did make me laugh some as it took me back to when someone at school wanted to insult one of their peers but lacked the wit or intellect to do so and simply resorted to calling you a spastic or a spaz which was considered the lowest form of insult - well before it all became PC. Okay, it was puerile and harmless but hurtful.
    Amazing how a mere word can be as visceral as a double edge sword!
    Who are these self appointed WORD TSARS anyway?!
    Massive Oops for Beyonće 🤑 😂😂😂

We've been saying spaz for the longest. What this shows is how celebrities are controlled. 90% of them are being manipulated by their purse strings. What we've seen recently is liberal whites finding any way to make themselves a oppressed minority. We've seen this through "ableist", "LGBT". and the newest "fat acceptance" movement.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You know why Dave Chapelle, Donald Trump, Tariq, and others still got people effing with them? They doubled down on what they believed in. I am in no way saying I support Trump by the way, he doubled down on bullshit. The very fact he got into the WH shows America's finished as a power. But he still got people f*cking with him heavy (for all the wrong reasons) because they didn't give a f*ck what the blow back is.

If you are black especially and double down, Black people will show you love. Dave Chapelle did and got love not only from Blacks but many non Blacks. Tariq Nasheed's 'Buck Breaking' is another example. That movie would have otherwise died in its conception but he gave no fux and doubled down.
    It's a cash flow thing. Some of these people are insolvent even though they are famous or high net worth. So if they get out of line and the studio cuts off the money then they are going to the poor house.

That's why it's important to diversify so that you're not wholly dependent on these dirtbags. If you're truly independent like Chappelle you can say "nope, not gonna change the word" and peace up out.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    We've been saying spaz for the longest. What this shows is how celebrities are controlled. 90% of them are being manipulated by their purse strings. What we've seen recently is liberal whites finding any way to make themselves a oppressed minority. We've seen this through "ableist", "LGBT". and the newest "fat acceptance" movement.
    Absolutely! It's their default MO. They run the world as a minority and create all the shit yet somehow they are always the vulnerable victims.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    So true because so many of them are so desperate for fame they are willing to sell their soul without thought of indebtedness until it's too late

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So true because so many of them are so desperate for fame they are willing to sell their soul without thought of indebtedness until it's too late
    100%. They get caught when they're down and out and sell their soul for pennies on the dollars and fame. Then they get so leveraged that they have to keep up the routine or face a steep change in standard of living. Debt is the great tool keeping people on the plantation.