Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Can Will Smith still be nominated for an Oscar?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
The Oscar Slap I think is nearing its one year anniversary of happening, and Will Smith is still making movies. His upcoming movie Emancipation looks to be a potential award winner, and I could see it being nominated for many Oscars. But where does that leave Will Smith, who was banned from the Oscars for like 5 years (I think it was 5, but I forget). Can he still be nominated for his roles, but just can't attend the show? Or is he completely out of the running for all of those 5 years? Or however long he's banned.

zBucks
It was a decade ban if I remember correctly, which just means he's not welcome at the show. I believe he can still be nominated for any awards he's up for, but he won't be able to accept them in person or even virtually. But, I'm sure he could have a family member, or another star collect the Oscar on his behalf.

Would be something if he won an Oscar two years in a row. Especially after what had happened.

Also, I think the Oscars will eventually let up on this ban. Maybe not right away, but 10 years is a long time to band a star. And I could see them lifting the ban after another year or two. Especially if he ends up nominated again in the future.