Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

China: High Speed Rail Safety Test

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nationwide high speed rail travel has been talked about in the U.S. since the early 90's, and we still don't have it. The Chinese shouldn't have beaten us to it.
    Yes it’s unfortunate and if the USA wasn’t run by the corporations we would have it. Airliners and car manufacturers rally against it every time it comes up. CA is building a high speed rail and the amount of propaganda against it by corporations is crazy.

But not only did China beat the USA to it they are also doing it amazingly well. Look at this high speed rail station in China.

Their infrastructure makes the USA look like a 3rd work hell hole.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nationwide high speed rail travel has been talked about in the U.S. since the early 90's, and we still don't have it. The Chinese shouldn't have beaten us to it.
    i saw a video about this and it made a great point. China's leaders stay in power for decades to see a project through, while in the US, if people are changing office every 4 years with different agendas, it's harder to see a long term project into fruition.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel like we will have smaller high-speed air crafts faster than bullet trains in the US. I just can't see them ever getting this done. What I would like to see is some kind of port system over the ocean for people that need a faster way to travel than flying or for people that can't fly. Not sure one of these can go faster than 600 mph though which is standard for commercial airlines.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I feel like we will have smaller high-speed air crafts faster than bullet trains in the US. I just can't see them ever getting this done. What I would like to see is some kind of port system over the ocean for people that need a faster way to travel than flying or for people that can't fly. Not sure one of these can go faster than 600 mph though which is standard for commercial airlines.
    America will never have a wide scale modern mass transit system unfortunately. The government sees the nation like a business sees its systems and processes issues. It may barely work and the employees.may be miserable every single day due to inadequate tooling but if it works just enough for the company to make money leadership will refuse to invest in improvement. Unfortunately what happens is these companies usually get out maneuvered by younger and more hungry competitors which is evident by China's rail system.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    America will never have a wide scale modern mass transit system unfortunately. The government sees the nation like a business sees its systems and processes issues. It may barely work and the employees.may be miserable every single day due to inadequate tooling but if it works just enough for the company to make money leadership will refuse to invest in improvement. Unfortunately what happens is these companies usually get out maneuvered by younger and more hungry competitors which is evident by China's rail system.
    That is the thing though... They see it as a business which is fine and all but something like this would benefit a business. Think of all the time and money saved on shipments of goods to businesses. Instead of relying mostly on semi trucks that are driven by one or two people tops, we would be able to have way larger shipments being sent at once and at a way faster rate.

The think about China is they give zero fox about the environment or pollution in terms of health. They don't care if exposure the chemicals makes their people sick. They want profit and power. We have gotten soft in the US and ship most of our "sus labor" that has high pollution rates overseas, mainly to China itself.