Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

COD MW3 Open Beta

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Unless you pre-ordered the game, you only get a few days to try it out.

October 14th @ 10 AM through October 16th , 10 AM.

All the other dates prior to this are for early access only. Thought I would drop a thread for this in case anyone wants to test out the game before they buy it or just play it for the weekend and skip it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I haven’t touched COD since they added SBMM, and it’s a shame because I was a die hard fan but that system punishes good players.
    When did they add that? And does this alter who you can play with? Cause I am not very good and some of the people I would play with are. I noticed on Rocket League that I can't do tournaments anymore with my little bro cause he outranks me. If it does that BS, I am going to have to skip again.

I get why they would want skilled players against other skilled players but back in the old games, I never had an issue. It helped me get better playing against people better than me.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When did they add that? And does this alter who you can play with? Cause I am not very good and some of the people I would play with are. I noticed on Rocket League that I can't do tournaments anymore with my little bro cause he outranks me. If it does that BS, I am going to have to skip again.

I get why they would want skilled players against other skilled players but back in the old games, I never had an issue. It helped me get better playing against people better than me.
    I want to say Modern Warfare 2019 was the first to add it but I’m not sure because I never played WW2 and I only played Blackout in BO4. I know Blackout didn’t have skill based but Warzone did. I was a hardcore 3kd+ player and enjoyed stomping on the easy pickings so skill based ruined that for me but even worse if you have a good game them the next game you can expect to be put with hackers and cheaters which makes the game unplayable.

Now from a business perspective SBMM is great because it makes the game fun for everyone but the best players. Because honestly before SBMM if 1 guy is doing good then that leads to 6 unhappy players on the other team and since it only takes 1 to make 6 unhappy I can understand why they would want to separate the players. Still bogus because I was that “1” player.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to say Modern Warfare 2019 was the first to add it but I’m not sure because I never played WW2 and I only played Blackout in BO4. I know Blackout didn’t have skill based but Warzone did. I was a hardcore 3kd+ player and enjoyed stomping on the easy pickings so skill based ruined that for me but even worse if you have a good game them the next game you can expect to be put with hackers and cheaters which makes the game unplayable.

Now from a business perspective SBMM is great because it makes the game fun for everyone but the best players. Because honestly before SBMM if 1 guy is doing good then that leads to 6 unhappy players on the other team and since it only takes 1 to make 6 unhappy I can understand why they would want to separate the players. Still bogus because I was that “1” player.
    My KDR was never good in the game, I was average at best. I managed usually to get slightly over 1 mostly because I focused more on not dying than getting kills. I camped a lot. I had fun playing this way but I know I pissed off a lot of people.

I get why they would want to add it as well but you end up playing the same people over and over again and never being able to get better.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Bumping this to remind any Xbox players to DL the game tonight to play tomorrow if you wanna give the beta a test run. I am still not sure I will get the game. I know I can go half in with my little bro if I wanted. We can split it and share through the Xbox feature so I don't have to pay full price but idk yet.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sapphire did you enjoy the beta? I wasn’t feeling the game on multiple levels; for starters the game itself isn’t that great, it’s a reskin of the previous game and the spawns/kill streaks suck, second I don’t like that they are using MW2 maps as a selling point, theyre trying to sell nostalgia but to me it’s tarnishing the legacy of my favorite Call Of Duty game.