Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Considering A Survival Kit...

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The brand is Verifygear, they are on Amazon. For under $22 you get 216 pieces in this handy small bag that is designed to enhance your survival in any situation be it weather related disasters or worse. Seems like a lot of people that spend time on the road, go camping, or go hiking keep them on hand. Is something like this a good value? I just don't know the quality of the items in the bag. Like if I would be better off getting each piece to stock my own or not.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most of the survival kots I've seen on Amazon have been tailored for wilderness survival. Do you live in/near a wooded area, a rural area, a suburban area, or a city?
    If you don't know how to completely live off the land, or if you live around more concrete than trees, then you might be better off building your own kit that will help you survive your environment. In an actual crisis (uprising, natural disaster, etc.), you may not have time or the ability to leave your immediate area.

That being said, here's a guy testing on of Amazon's $25 survival kits:
    The kit looks pretty good, but are you prepared to utilize it as much as.this guy did?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most of the survival kots I've seen on Amazon have been tailored for wilderness survival. Do you live in/near a wooded area, a rural area, a suburban area, or a city?
    If you don't know how to completely live off the land, or if you live around more concrete than trees, then you might be better off building your own kit that will help you survive your environment. In an actual crisis (uprising, natural disaster, etc.), you may not have time or the ability to leave your immediate area.

That being said, here's a guy testing on of Amazon's $25 survival kits:
    The kit looks pretty good, but are you prepared to utilize it as much as.this guy did?
    Oh right. That is probably why a lot of hikers and campers make use of it. I mean the kit has first aid and stuff in it as well but it does have a lot of items designed to brace the elements. I mean if shrf then I would want to be as far away from cities as possible anyways. I think being around packed in people is more dangerous than being out in the woods! Specially if the power runs out and there is no running water!!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here's another survival kit reviewer that you might want to check out by the name of Kitbashed Survival. He not only reviews survival kits but he also shows how to customize them to suit your needs.

I got one of those dog lights before to use for something else. Went to a concert with my little bro when he was still young and had him and his friend wear them so I can spot them easier... They lasted all of 45 minutes LOL

Outside of that, I am going to check this other stuff out. It can't hurt to build your own. You have more control over your own needs.