Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

DC is Rebooting Once Again!

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Honestly I am happy they are rebooting. I couldn't stand most of the movies the DCEU put out. Batman V Superman, Justice League all felt like a chore to watch. I even caught Black Adam a couple days ago and fell asleep halfway through. I think the only good thing going for the DCEU was Superman, even though I'm not a big fan of him, and maybe Batfleck. But I was under the impression that Ben Affleck would get to direct his Batman movies. Which I imagine would have been a lot better.

Anyway, I'm happy with this move, because the DCEU couldn't get anything right it seemed. I liked the new Suicide Squad and The Batman, but everything else has been a chore for me to get through. Maybe it's because Marvel spoils us with usually decent movies, and were able to make a universe that mostly worked. DC hasn't been able to do that yet.

I think James Gunn wants to make this the best DC universe they can, and finally now that they got their own studio to make DC movies, maybe they won't get interrupted by the corporate overlords who push ideas on them.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
As long as they stick to the comics or hell even a justice league unlimited vibe they will be alright. If they go universe building I hope the movies can have finality unlike Marvel movies that always seem to jump to the next movie before the one you watching closes out.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't want them to compete with MCU but they could take one cue from Marvel by starting at a central point like Iron man 1 and teasing other characters like they brought the Hulk in and so on....maybe start with a secondary character or not one of their big three. Everyone knows Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/AquaMan/Flash/Green Arrow there's so many characters they could choose from but it seems they just want to budget cut or money grab which makes the DCEU look confusing and ultimately makes too many of their movies one watch ponies. Although if they can pull this off I'm in all the way...

20221219_151809.jpg

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't want them to compete with MCU but they could take one cue from Marvel by starting at a central point like Iron man 1 and teasing other characters like they brought the Hulk in and so on....maybe start with a secondary character or not one of their big three. Everyone knows Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/AquaMan/Flash/Green Arrow there's so many characters they could choose from but it seems they just want to budget cut or money grab which makes the DCEU look confusing and ultimately makes too many of their movies one watch ponies. Although if they can pull this off I'm in all the way...

View attachment 5973
    People in this country would trip out. But that's why it's a great idea. Accurate. Also I think a Black Batman would be cool.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

View attachment 5973
    I thought Michael B. Jordan was working on a black superman movie. I wonder if that is still happening after the WB/DC changes that happened recently. I'd love to see that happen. Could be a good way to bring in a younger Superman like James Gunn wants.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I thought Michael B. Jordan was working on a black superman movie. I wonder if that is still happening after the WB/DC changes that happened recently. I'd love to see that happen. Could be a good way to bring in a younger Superman like James Gunn wants.
    I believe that project is still in the works.....possibly an HBO series if not a Movie I'll check out either!

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I haven’t kept up with the other shows since like season 3 off Arrow.
    There's actually 2 Black superman projects in production Michael B Jordan
    (Val Zod) for HBO Max and JJAbrams project with T Coates (Calvin Ellis) for the big screen neither project has been canceled nor has a release date been confirmed.
    We'll see if WB f's it up....

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am just burned out on the entire genre. The money grabbers ruined it for me. They keep milking the same cows and nothing but dust is coming out. What I would like to see are new comics rise up and movies being made of those. We have enough of all the rest and they just keep recycling.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I am just burned out on the entire genre. The money grabbers ruined it for me. They keep milking the same cows and nothing but dust is coming out. What I would like to see are new comics rise up and movies being made of those. We have enough of all the rest and they just keep recycling.
    I think I'm the same. Super Hero movies don't get me all that hyped up anymore. I think we're past the point where the spectacle of it all, has kinda died down some, and it's not as impactful anymore. When the Avengers storyline ended, it felt right, but everything to come after has felt underwhelming and like we're starting fresh again.

Marvel does great movies, but I am not as excited for the new movies as I was for movies they made years back.

And most super hero movies follow the same storytelling model, where they face off against this evil bad guy who wans to destroy the earth or take control of it. And the heroes have to stop him/her in a battle that destroys a major city or something. Or there's a plot where they need to get a McGuffin to stop the end of the world. (like the infinity stones for example, or the tesseract or whatever that thing was from the Avengers)

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I get what you're saying but as long as they can grab money these movie studios will continue I'm mostly tired of the superman Batman spider man reboots I think most of us know the stories by now time for so?e fresh characters and different story arcs. I think this Kang Phase 4 story arc will shape up differently from the looks of it. Not quite sure where DC goes from here. Watchmen, American God's, and Lovecraft were some of the best series to come along in a while. We know why they got canceled.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think I'm the same. Super Hero movies don't get me all that hyped up anymore. I think we're past the point where the spectacle of it all, has kinda died down some, and it's not as impactful anymore. When the Avengers storyline ended, it felt right, but everything to come after has felt underwhelming and like we're starting fresh again.

Marvel does great movies, but I am not as excited for the new movies as I was for movies they made years back.

And most super hero movies follow the same storytelling model, where they face off against this evil bad guy who wans to destroy the earth or take control of it. And the heroes have to stop him/her in a battle that destroys a major city or something. Or there's a plot where they need to get a McGuffin to stop the end of the world. (like the infinity stones for example, or the tesseract or whatever that thing was from the Avengers)
    The movies look amazing, don't get me wrong but the substance is gone. What once made them great just feels forced. I am over it.

And I don't wanna see another white director or writer just painting a hero black for money. If we are going to change the race of a character, it should be done BY the race of that character.

D

Deleted member 191

DCEU needs to watch and study the DC Arrowverse. Looking at what the CW built and creating an outline for the big screen may serve them. They used Arrow as a central point. From this show, they spun-off, Flash, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Vixen (animated), and Batwoman. (I might be missing one but I can't think right now). Complete with annual, sensible and relevant crossovers.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    DCEU needs to watch and study the DC Arrowverse. Looking at what the CW built and creating an outline for the big screen may serve them. They used Arrow as a central point. From this show, they spun-off, Flash, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Vixen (animated), and Batwoman. (I might be missing one but I can't think right now). Complete with annual, sensible and relevant crossovers.
    It’s so confusing it’s hard to tell who is making which show and who can crossover where. Marvel had the same problem with Fox and the X-Men, Sony with Spider-Man, etc. it’s too difficult to keep up with

zBucks
    It’s so confusing it’s hard to tell who is making which show and who can crossover where. Marvel had the same problem with Fox and the X-Men, Sony with Spider-Man, etc. it’s too difficult to keep up with
    It helps now that Marvel and Fox are owned by Disney, so they can at the least get X-men and whoever else Fox owned. Sony will take some work since they own Spider-Man and some other Marvel characters, so they will have to work out a deal like they did with the Tom Holland Spidey movies.

But now days, even the Marvel shows are trying to tie into the movies. And I think DC wants to do that too.

It would help with the confusion of having multiple different projects for the same character. We don't need two people to play Superman, Batman or anyone else. Let someone take the mantle of each main character and let them reprise that role through the movies and TV shows. I think that would help with all the confusion.

But, then that creates another problem. Too many programs to keep track of. You need to watch this show to see this, and to know why this is happening in this movie, etc. But I think fans would prefer it better this way over having many small universes.