The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

DEION SANDERS “YOU WAS NOT TALKING LIKE THAT TWO MINUTES AGO”

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

What would you do if you were the interviewer in this situation? Is Deion Sanders in the right?
    I like it, he is forcing the Reporter to keep it real. Deion is basically saying "talk like a brotha, get that anglo Saxon inflection out your voice" and that's great to see from someone in a position of prominence. More Black men should be doing what Prime is doing.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Deion was wrong. If I have a business and its all black employees, are we gonna talk street in the office? No, you keep it professional. All interviewers in media have a professional side in front of the camera.

The guy should have told Prime. "You have the luxury of speaking the same all the time, I don't. I'm not going to talk 'street' on camera with young people thinking its okay to speak like that professionally" I would have checked Prime off camera. If he can't understand that, so be it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Deion was wrong. If I have a business and its all black employees, are we gonna talk street in the office? No, you keep it professional. All interviewers in media have a professional side in front of the camera.

The guy should have told Prime. "You have the luxury of speaking the same all the time, I don't. I'm not going to talk 'street' on camera with young people thinking its okay to speak like that professionally" I would have checked Prime off camera. If he can't understand that, so be it.
    Just because Deion told him to be genuine doesn’t mean he was asking him to be street. He told that nigga to cut the overly nasal white guy voice and chop it up for real. It’s like Malcolm X always sounded Black even though he was articulate. I feel like Deion was asking that of the brotha. I don’t know why the default from talking white is street. You can talk AAVE and be 100% professional.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Just because Deion told him to be genuine doesn’t mean he was asking him to be street. He told that nigga to cut the overly nasal white guy voice and chop it up for real. It’s like Malcolm X always sounded Black even though he was articulate. I feel like Deion was asking that of the brotha. I don’t know why the default from talking white is street. You can talk AAVE and be 100% professional.
    Deion even grabbed the mic and showed him the difference. He didn't ask him to speak "street" he told him to stop speaking in that wack ass reporter voice. It probably was jarring for Coach Prime because he was just talking to him off camera and the reporter was being himself but then the second he gets on camera he talks like a White guy. I like what Coach Prime did, he told him "be you".