Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Disney going down?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
It seems like they are bleeding money. They took so many losses in the last 5 years, any other businesses would have been filing for bankruptcy by now. I am not sure what the heck they expect to do but they brought in some business tycoon known for turning businesses around and he don't care who he has to fire or push out to do it.

I think Disney got taken over by activists with their own self-interests in mind and it hurt the stories, the budget, and the general feel of the products. Disney seems to have been going down hill since the early 00's but in more recent years, the evidence of them losing all this money and parents not wanting their kids to watch their stuff... they can't even hide it.

There have been rumors going around they may even end up selling Star Wars. Imagine that.

What are your thoughts on where Disney is right now? You think it is a sinking ship or they will bounce back?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
It seems like they are bleeding money. They took so many losses in the last 5 years, any other businesses would have been filing for bankruptcy by now. I am not sure what the heck they expect to do but they brought in some business tycoon known for turning businesses around and he don't care who he has to fire or push out to do it.

I think Disney got taken over by activists with their own self-interests in mind and it hurt the stories, the budget, and the general feel of the products. Disney seems to have been going down hill since the early 00's but in more recent years, the evidence of them losing all this money and parents not wanting their kids to watch their stuff... they can't even hide it.

There have been rumors going around they may even end up selling Star Wars. Imagine that.

What are your thoughts on where Disney is right now? You think it is a sinking ship or they will bounce back?
I think they'll make up for it in their amusement parks during Summer vacation.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I think they'll make up for it in their amusement parks during Summer vacation.
I thought this but down in Florida, they just lost that lawsuit and will be having to pay massive taxes now. I guess we will see. They have been losing millions if not billions. If they don't turn it around soon, I can't see them being a thing by 2030.