Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do Ya'll Keep A Bugout Bag Handy?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was on a prepping forum reading through stuff the other day. I never heard of the term "bugout bag" before. I guess it is a backpack of sorts where you stash basic necessities so if something were ever to hit the fan, you can just grab and it go. It sounds like a good idea to have one if you live in a city or live where the weather gets bad. Anyone have one here?

ShermX69X

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yes and it's fully loaded and ready to go!

Make sure you have food rations and a fresh bottle of water inside and some life straws too.
    You also need to have medical items. Antibiotics too if possible.

There is a lot more to it for sure, but there's plenty of YT vids to cover all that.

Stay ready so you don't have to get ready.

Backpack Luxe GIF by Actively Black

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was on a prepping forum reading through stuff the other day. I never heard of the term "bugout bag" before. I guess it is a backpack of sorts where you stash basic necessities so if something were ever to hit the fan, you can just grab and it go. It sounds like a good idea to have one if you live in a city or live where the weather gets bad. Anyone have one here?
    I have a bag but haven’t packed it much. I learned of the bug out bag about two years ago watching survival videos. I am going to get back to preparing for a disaster. I think all people should have bug out bags. A medical emergency could happen and it would be great to have all necessities. I bought three bags (one each for me and my family I live with). We have a cat and I even have emergency litter for her, but it’s not name brand (fresh step). I will eventually stock up on her wet food. In the case of an emergency, I have a portable litter box, emergency kit. My mother is planning to be prepared before the next election. Also, the covid propaganda is starting to spread again and people will be going crazy buying up everything in the markets.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have a bag but haven’t packed it much. I learned of the bug out bag about two years ago watching survival videos. I am going to get back to preparing for a disaster. I think all people should have bug out bags. A medical emergency could happen and it would be great to have all necessities. I bought three bags (one each for me and my family I live with). We have a cat and I even have emergency litter for her, but it’s not name brand (fresh step). I will eventually stock up on her wet food. In the case of an emergency, I have a portable litter box, emergency kit. My mother is planning to be prepared before the next election. Also, the covid propaganda is starting to spread again and people will be going crazy buying up everything in the markets.
    That is so sweet to think of your cat. I should stock up for my cats as well.

I am going through different lists figuring what I should have in mine. I do need to invest in some life straws. I have a feeling no matter which way the election goes, things are going to get bad in America, especially for people living in and near cities.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    What do you all think about emergency food? I was considering getting one of those bucket things that provides a month worth of food for 2 people. It has a shelf life of 20 years I think.

equis
    equis
    An important thing to consider is nutrition and having something that's calorically dense that can still sustain you for days of activity. One of these is pemmican. It's a food source made with tallow mixed with dried berries.