The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you guys still play Assassin's Creed?

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I feel like Assassin's Creed has overstayed its welcome. I loved the series from 2 onward, but then it just lost its way I think. Also the present time in the game is just boring. I always wanted an Assassin's Creed that takes place in a modern setting, as I think it would have been dope to scale skyscrapers. Idk, I think it'd change a lot for the series.

Anyway, I haven't played the most recent games. Last game I played was Syndicate. I just got tired of playing the games. I know they changed a lot with the newer games, but I just haven't had the interest to play it. Are the newer games worth checking out?

D

Deleted member 191

I feel like Assassin's Creed has overstayed its welcome. I loved the series from 2 onward, but then it just lost its way I think. Also the present time in the game is just boring. I always wanted an Assassin's Creed that takes place in a modern setting, as I think it would have been dope to scale skyscrapers. Idk, I think it'd change a lot for the series.

Anyway, I haven't played the most recent games. Last game I played was Syndicate. I just got tired of playing the games. I know they changed a lot with the newer games, but I just haven't had the interest to play it. Are the newer games worth checking out?
I'm behind as well. I'm finishing up Rogue now on 3 because I never finished it. Story has been pretty good so far and I like Shay's arc. I partially played Unity but Arno was as annoying as Connor was in 3 so I ended up stopping in the middle of that too.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm behind as well. I'm finishing up Rogue now on 3 because I never finished it. Story has been pretty good so far and I like Shay's arc. I partially played Unity but Arno was as annoying as Connor was in 3 so I ended up stopping in the middle of that too.
    OMG Connor was a whiny B I was so sick of him.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

Ass Creed is too formulaic and it’s because Ubisoft makes cookie cutter games. You can play The Crew and find similarities between it and games AC, WD, and all their other junk. I forgot the ancestors name Dante or whatever and his parts were so boring. I also got sick to death of those Chase missions where any little thing would cause you to lose.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    OMG THANK YOU!!!! PHUCKING HATED HIM TO THE NTH DEGREE!!!! I literally had to power through 3 to get it over with because he annoyed the piss out of me. In Ubisoft's defense, though......They made up for it with Edward Kenway in 4. THAT Dude was a real one, for real for real.
    Yes and what made it worse is you play as Haytham who was cool then they switch to this whiny pansy who was extremely hard to connect to. I also agree that Ed Kenway was dope and the naval battles were cool until it started happening over and over and over and over and over again. By time I got towards the end I could stand seeing any of the ship animations. They also took that same boat combat and used it somewhere else I forgot where.

D

Deleted member 191

Yes and what made it worse is you play as Haytham who was cool then they switch to this whiny pansy who was extremely hard to connect to. I also agree that Ed Kenway was dope and the naval battles were cool until it started happening over and over and over and over and over again. By time I got towards the end I could stand seeing any of the ship animations. They also took that same boat combat and used it somewhere else I forgot where.
    So the naval battles started somewhat on 3 and then they improved it on 4 and then they pretty much replicated it to a lesser degree on Rogue. I didn't mind the battles up until I made so much money There was nothing left to buy. I'm taking a break from Rogue now because I'm trying to take down the final legendary ship event (which is 2 ships like in 4) but I keep ending up desynchronized which leaves me a little pissy and ready to throw my controllers.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So the naval battles started somewhat on 3 and then they improved it on 4 and then they pretty much replicated it to a lesser degree on Rogue. I didn't mind the battles up until I made so much money There was nothing left to buy. I'm taking a break from Rogue now because I'm trying to take down the final legendary ship event (which is 2 ships like in 4) but I keep ending up desynchronized which leaves me a little pissy and ready to throw my controllers.
    I can’t wait til you focus on a real game like bioshock.

D

Deleted member 191

Pipe down youngster. I'm playing it now I just got past the point i stopped at. Which was after you kill Ryan and realize that Fontaine was atlas and now i just broke the mind control because i drank Suchong's elixirs. I'm trying to save the little sisters on the level now but these Rosies are weirdly strong and i been dying a little bit so I'm getting ready to skip them and just move the story forward.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Pipe down youngster. I'm playing it now I just got past the point i stopped at. Which was after you kill Ryan and realize that Fontaine was atlas and now i just broke the mind control because i drank Suchong's elixirs. I'm trying to save the little sisters on the level now but these Rosies are weirdly strong and i been dying a little bit so I'm getting ready to skip them and just move the story forward.
    Lol ok a whole year older than me and now I’m a youngster. But yeah you’re far and that plot twist was epic.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Fontaine is Atlas? Would you kindly spoiler that ish?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My fault. figured since it's been out long enough it's a commonly known thing at this point.
    Nah...I was joking. The twist was that Fontaine kept saying "would you kindly", so I said "would you kindly", on some gangsta blerd ish...but that joke clearly was funnier in my head.
    I'll go have a seat now.

D

Deleted member 191

Nah...I was joking. The twist was that Fontaine kept saying "would you kindly", so I said "would you kindly", on some gangsta blerd ish...but that joke clearly was funnier in my head.
    I'll go have a seat now.
    Naw my dude it was a cool joke i chuckled out loud but that moderator badge made it sound like a live request sooo I'm makin like Marshawn and just trying not get fired lol. Phew.... Had a sista nervous for a minute lol.

D

Deleted member 191

So because you wouldnt shut up ever lol. 😄😄😆😆😂😂.... I'm finished.
    I'm not blown away per se, but its a 15yr old game so that's not really a high impact statement. Not every game can be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2). Personally, I found it to be oddly short though, like i was left feeling a bit like, that's it, that's the whole thing? I thought the story was good. Very good actually. The political overtones, the hidden agendas of the residents, the history of rapture in the recordings throughout the game kept me engaged which was probably the developers intention since this isn't some huge world environment like in the Mafia game series.

It's a solid game though. I would definitely replay it again after a cool down period to platinum it.