The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you have a savings?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Something that I noticed with what went down in 2020 and since then is that most people don't. Most people have little to nothing saved and are not prepared for much of anything. That is a scary thought. With rumors of a possible cyber attack coming our way from China, it worries me what could come of it. I started saving and putting money aside in 2015. I know my buying power has gone down and my money is not as valuable now that it has been sitting but I intended on buying a house. I put that on hold for the time being but I have enough saved for a down payment.

Do you have a savings? Do you have financial planning under your belt?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Something that I noticed with what went down in 2020 and since then is that most people don't. Most people have little to nothing saved and are not prepared for much of anything. That is a scary thought. With rumors of a possible cyber attack coming our way from China, it worries me what could come of it. I started saving and putting money aside in 2015. I know my buying power has gone down and my money is not as valuable now that it has been sitting but I intended on buying a house. I put that on hold for the time being but I have enough saved for a down payment.

Do you have a savings? Do you have financial planning under your belt?
Absolutely! You should also have your own home safe. When the government decides to EMP us, there won't be any power, so ATM's won't work.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Absolutely! You should also have your own home safe. When the government decides to EMP us, there won't be any power, so ATM's won't work.
If they are using EMPs, I doubt money is going to even matter to most people. Like if we get to a point where there is no electricity and people are panicking all over the nation, having a gun and some bullets is probably more important! But I do think it is always wise to keep some money out the bank as banks often have issues. My bank last year would not let me get any of my money out or use my card for 6 days. I switched after that.