Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do You Like Crossovers In Games?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am seeing more and more of them. Like I know it has been a thing for a while in gaming but it was mostly in cases where it made sense for the story or there was purpose behind it like how MK added in characters from all sorts of universes now and in the past.

But I feel like this has become a money grab. Like I see Apex Legends having some sort of Apex x Final Fantasy 7 thing and I am like "why tho?" like this don't make any sense of either game. It is basically an ad for another game within a game. Especially with Rebirth coming out at the end of February.

I am not a fan of this stuff anymore.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It depends on the Crossover. It works very well in some games. Others it purely comes across as a money grab. I will give credit to Fortnite, they put some effort into their Crossovers. Items and characters get pulled in and they tie them into the whole Multiverse thing they have going on. Sometimes they make custom items to be used in game. TMNT are coming soon, so we have manhole covers that we can travel through and there are underground sections that tie into this season's story.

I don't play Apex, so from the outside it just seems like they are doing cosmetics to bring in Final Fantasy fan money, but I could be wrong.

Funny example of how to do a crossover without it being only cosmetics:

He does that leg thing from the series.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It depends on the Crossover. It works very well in some games. Others it purely comes across as a money grab. I will give credit to Fortnite, they put some effort into their Crossovers. Items and characters get pulled in and they tie them into the whole Multiverse thing they have going on. Sometimes they make custom items to be used in game. TMNT are coming soon, so we have manhole covers that we can travel through and there are underground sections that tie into this season's story.

I don't play Apex, so from the outside it just seems like they are doing cosmetics to bring in Final Fantasy fan money, but I could be wrong.

Funny example of how to do a crossover without it being only cosmetics:

He does that leg thing from the series.

LOL I remember that from the show. That is so dumb but I love it. I think Fortnite is one of few examples I would say did character integration right. I don't like how it has spread to other games though be them fake characters or IRL famous people. Like why tf is Call of Duty having rappers be selective character options?

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Like why tf is Call of Duty having rappers be selective character options?
    Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Yea, that does sound crazy. 😭