Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you like to use third party sites to buy game codes?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Does anyone here like to use third party sites to buy game codes? Like CDkeys, Kinguin, and I think there's a few others that sell game codes, either from a seller, or from the studio. But I'm mainly speaking of sites where anyone can sell codes, whether it be gamers or the studio.

I am cautious about buying sometimes though, because buying from some random person on these sites, could result in a used code or a stolen code even. I've heard stories where people purchased a code from one of those type of sites, and later on the copy of his game was removed from his library and his steam account I think was banned as well. I don't remember exactly, but it caused issues with his account.

So I will only buy codes for cheap games for the most part. What about you? Do you like to use sites that offer codes from just about anyone? Or do you prefer to skip those sites and go for the ones that are selling the codes from the source?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have in the past. Only once. I can't remember what the site was. It was for discounted DLC. I was able to save like 30% buying it through the site I used.

I don't go out of my way these days looking for deals. If I want something, I just buy it. I don't play a lot of games not like I used to.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I only buy from known retailers and from the main site itself. I may look into some sites like GOG, but that is run my CD Projekt Red I believe, so I have much less worries about that versus, say CDKeys. CD Keys is a good site, but there is a risk with some of the sellers.

If you can, stick to the actual marketplaces and retailers as you won't be cheated out there, well maybe aside from the higher costs, but I'd rather pay a bit more than risk losing the game later on, along with the money I paid for it.