The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you rent or own?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Currently, I am renting but I am hoping to buy a house next year. Likely going to get a raise at work. I have been looking around at houses on Trulia. The prices seem to be on the higher side compared to just a year ago. Likely down to COVID and people leaving the city and being able to work from home. Curious to see who owns or rents. I have never owned a house before nor rented one. I have only lived in apartments on my own. I am sure it will be a whole new experience for me.

RedMoon

Sixer
zBucks
Right now I rent an apartment-sized townhouse but I have rented a house in the past. I'm hoping to buy sometime next year too. The housing market here is insane though! I've heard that because they weren't evicting anyone due to covid, the move out rate was way down.

You'll enjoy being in a house though, it's more work but it's so much nicer if you enjoy having more room. I also like that even when you rent a house, it feels more like it's yours so you decorate or whatever you want to do. In an apartment or my current townhouse, it never felt like mine so I haven't done a whole lot of extras to it lol

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I rent, I like the flexibility.
I recently bought a small apartment with my brother and feel much relieved.
Congrats.
I rent right now with a friend. We have a smallish apartment, 2 bedroom place. I am planning on moving out and getting my own spot in the near future since her and her boyfriend are getting serious. I think she wants him to move in.
Best to get out now before the treat you like Jazz on Fresh Prince.