The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you shop on Amazon?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I have had Prime for a while now. I originally got it because of affiliate links I was using. I made money through them and just had it send to my Amazon account. I mainly was using it to buy pet food but now I shop elsewhere for that. I am considering pulling away from Amazon entirely though. Using it less and less and I really don't like backing a corporation that was made even more wealthy off the backs of people losing their jobs, businesses, and homes in 2020.

Do you shop on Amazon? Do you use Prime?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I do because I get a lot of my business supplies from it. I have pulled away a bit but right now, it's just the most convenient thing. A lot of times you can at least look for items being sold and shipped by individuals instead of Amazon. Amazon still takes a cut but at least the money is going to supporting a small business.

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I purchase mostly from Amazon, but I have been looking to purchase from other sites more often. I don't have prime, and they now take ages when sending anything that has free shipping. On top of that, even with prime, it doesn't seem to make shipment speedier.

Anyway, I've been going to other sites to buy most of my stuff. But I have used Amazon a lot for work equipment and other things that I couldn't find elsewhere. The problems I have with amazon are that they have a lot of garbage listed on their site. I almost feel like i'm looking at wish or some other chinese wholesale site when on amazon these days.

D

Deleted member 1946

I purchase mostly from Amazon, but I have been looking to purchase from other sites more often. I don't have prime, and they now take ages when sending anything that has free shipping. On top of that, even with prime, it doesn't seem to make shipment speedier.

Anyway, I've been going to other sites to buy most of my stuff. But I have used Amazon a lot for work equipment and other things that I couldn't find elsewhere. The problems I have with amazon are that they have a lot of garbage listed on their site. I almost feel like i'm looking at wish or some other chinese wholesale site when on amazon these days.
Fully agree. The stuff on Amazon at times makes me very skeptical when I see very low prices. I'm like that's impossible to have prices that low and still be high quality.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I have had Prime for a while now. I originally got it because of affiliate links I was using. I made money through them and just had it send to my Amazon account. I mainly was using it to buy pet food but now I shop elsewhere for that. I am considering pulling away from Amazon entirely though. Using it less and less and I really don't like backing a corporation that was made even more wealthy off the backs of people losing their jobs, businesses, and homes in 2020.

Yes, I use both. I was using InstaCart & shopping at Walmart, Kroger & Publix.
InstaCart's shoppers don't show you what's available, when your product isn't. Also, Walmart's shelves are practically empty.
My husband works crazy hours & it's easier for me to order by phone & have it delivered to my home.
I don't know of any BOBO grocery stores here in Stone Mountain, but if any of you do & they deliver, please let me know.
I've subscriptions under Prime, that's cheaper than subscribing separately. All BLK, BET+ & LMC (Lifetime Movie Club).
Under Hulu, I've Showtime & Starz which also are cheaper.

D

Deleted member 1946

I never would have considered buying pet food from Amazon. But I understand why. It is a good place to get organic dog food if a person wants it. The stores near me don't sell organic dog food.