The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you think you can find a long lasting relationship from social media

TeeGee

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
The social media had grown to be one of the most popular platforms for interaction , learning and also various forms of socialization. It is evident that many individuals join this platform to have a break from their real life situations and become whatsoever they might want to be on social media.

From this perspective do you really think you can meet someone who is genuine and build a long lasting relationship with them. Notwithstanding the fact that some people on the platform are either there to living a fake life or just not showing you in totality their true character.

Can an individual build a long lasting relationship with someone they met on social media despite all it's pros and cons. Drop your thoughts on this.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The social media had grown to be one of the most popular platforms for interaction , learning and also various forms of socialization. It is evident that many individuals join this platform to have a break from their real life situations and become whatsoever they might want to be on social media.

From this perspective do you really think you can meet someone who is genuine and build a long lasting relationship with them. Notwithstanding the fact that some people on the platform are either there to living a fake life or just not showing you in totality their true character.

Can an individual build a long lasting relationship with someone they met on social media despite all it's pros and cons. Drop your thoughts on this.
    Absolutely. Fake people are a constant in life, you will never find a space where everyone is well intentioned. It’s us to learn how to filter out the people that are not genuine by learning how to ask the right questions, analyze behaviors, and evolve the relationship at a reasonable pace. There may be social media or community platforms where there are more shallow people but there will never be one where there are none. If you don’t learn how to spot them, you will get got on POF, Christian Mingle, or FB.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    For sure you can. I know a few people who have, one of them even got married recently. I think it just all comes down to how well you know the person and how open they are to let themselves be known. A lot of people on social platforms fake personalities and personas to make themselves out to be more interesting when in reality, they have no direction in life and no real goals.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Absolutely. Fake people are a constant in life, you will never find a space where everyone is well intentioned. It’s us to learn how to filter out the people that are not genuine by learning how to ask the right questions, analyze behaviors, and evolve the relationship at a reasonable pace. There may be social media or community platforms where there are more shallow people but there will never be one where there are none. If you don’t learn how to spot them, you will get got on POF, Christian Mingle, or FB.
    I am a student of like, trying every day to develop myself and build up my mind so I wouldn't be influenced or bothered by how other people choose to live their life and making the difference by just been the best version of my self all the time. But I have come to a conclusion that you can't always get people to behave just exactly as you do. I just allow time flow and if the two individuals are meant to be time would always tell and their true characters always has a way to reveal it self.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There are some people whom are lucky enough to find their missing ribs from social media site but something that I can never bring myself into doing, when I know fully well that most people on social media site live fake lives online. I don't trust anyone I see on social media sites easily.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I met my wife on a phone chat line and we've been together 17 years. 2 kids, bought 2 house together. She's been by my side through college and helped me with my resumés and preparing for interviews.

Things were different back then though. On the phone lines you still have to have some kind of conversation skills to get women's attention.

Now on social media with sites like plenty of fish all the lames jumping in flooding the inboxes with DMs kind of bogs down the guys who actually have something to say.

So is it possible to find someone on social media? Yes but it's a long shot because you have to get through all of the f*** boys who are just looking to get some. The chances of a guy who is actually truly interested in a girl and the girl would actually be interested in him and they end up meeting and chatting from a social media site is a long shot.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't...while I'm at it, online dating sucks as well. We live in a different world man. I haven't been in a relationship in fourteen years...actually I don't think I've ever been in a true relationship. Go figure.
    I have tried to get into a relationship with a girl or should I say a lady, she was 27 years old, so a lady would suffice. But to my greatest surprise, she told me that she's in for the money, sex and fun. It was the last time I tried it out.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I met my wife on a phone chat line and we've been together 17 years. 2 kids, bought 2 house together. She's been by my side through college and helped me with my resumés and preparing for interviews.

Things were different back then though. On the phone lines you still have to have some kind of conversation skills to get women's attention.

Now on social media with sites like plenty of fish all the lames jumping in flooding the inboxes with DMs kind of bogs down the guys who actually have something to say.

So is it possible to find someone on social media? Yes but it's a long shot because you have to get through all of the f*** boys who are just looking to get some. The chances of a guy who is actually truly interested in a girl and the girl would actually be interested in him and they end up meeting and chatting from a social media site is a long shot.
    I am happy for you mate, and the kind of relationship you've been able to build and I know a lot of people out there are looking for more stability in their lives, wanting to be with someone who isn't just after the gain but are there to help them build up their empire as you've done with your wife. Social media hasn't been too favorable to me in terms of building such a long lasting relationship.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am happy for you mate, and the kind of relationship you've been able to build and I know a lot of people out there are looking for more stability in their lives, wanting to be with someone who isn't just after the gain but are there to help them build up their empire as you've done with your wife. Social media hasn't been too favorable to me in terms of building such a long lasting relationship.
    Relationships would be the last thing that I would look for in any social media sites. It's even why I'm very selective of the social media platform that I make use of. I look more of business relationships from social media site than love and romance relationships.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    The first step to understanding the type of persons you meet on social media is by getting to meet them in person. Having high hopes before the meeting is cool, but you've got to take it one step at a time and restrict your feelings from clouding your logical analysis.

This, I believe, will be a major way to find out how they react to different kind of situations and work towards it.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The first step to understanding the type of persons you meet on social media is by getting to meet them in person. Having high hopes before the meeting is cool, but you've got to take it one step at a time and restrict your feelings from clouding your logical analysis.

This, I believe, will be a major way to find out how they react to different kind of situations and work towards it.
    The points or steps you have listed here might work but certainly not for an introverted person because one of our biggest problem is associating outdoor. We can be all cool and lively online but when it comes to meeting in person, it's not always easy.