The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

DON'T VOTE BLUE IN

TerraX1

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA

Hi everybody!
I'm new to this platform.
I'm looking forward to following and getting followers!
I'm from Chicago been here all my life. Not looking to move anywhere else although I've been to many other states and countries I love Chicago the most!
How y'all feel about where you from?

equis

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I used to feel a lot of pride about Atlanta (I know there's a good joke in there somewhere) but of late it's honestly starting to be a sad case. We've lost so much of our artistry and certain aspects of our culture that made us unique such as the car scene. It's starting to become Black Hollywood in all the wrong ways with sweltering numbers of superficiality and people flooding in from other states and watering down the culture. And don't get me started on traffic. But on the bright side it's pushed me to travel and visit other cities around the country and realize that there's more out there than The City in the Forest.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Chicago has so many problems though, you have to be on watch there constantly. I get having love for your home city though. It is hard to break away from that. Just have to get people in power to turn things around before it is too late. I lived in the Chicago area for a few years in my teens and I do hope the place bounces back.

TerraX1

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used to feel a lot of pride about Atlanta (I know there's a good joke in there somewhere) but of late it's honestly starting to be a sad case. We've lost so much of our artistry and certain aspects of our culture that made us unique such as the car scene. It's starting to become Black Hollywood in all the wrong ways with sweltering numbers of superficiality and people flooding in from other states and watering down the culture. And don't get me started on traffic. But on the bright side it's pushed me to travel and visit other cities around the country and realize that there's more out there than The City in the Forest.
    If I was able to give your comment a like I would have! I appreciate where you are coming from. I think gentrification is playing a large part in the culture being lost in many cities, a white washing of sorts! Chicago has lost a lot of its flavor over the years also. Somebody from New York was telling me the same thing that its not popping like it used to be just a different vibe, you know?

TerraX1

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Chicago has so many problems though, you have to be on watch there constantly. I get having love for your home city though. It is hard to break away from that. Just have to get people in power to turn things around before it is too late. I lived in the Chicago area for a few years in my teens and I do hope the place bounces back.
    Every place has it's problems. However, I think one of the biggest problems right now is the Mayor and the gentrification of Black neighborhoods and the firing of Black public school teachers which are down from 44% to 10% after they shut down 65 Black neighborhood schools. There are also a lot of police drive-by shootings and random violence. Even still, I love Chicago with all my heart! There is a lot of work that needs to be done including getting the Chicago Teachers Union out of the hands of the current leadership who are a democratic shill operation. So much power there that people don't even realize.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Every place has it's problems. However, I think one of the biggest problems right now is the Mayor and the gentrification of Black neighborhoods and the firing of Black public school teachers which are down from 44% to 10% after they shut down 65 Black neighborhood schools. There are also a lot of police drive-by shootings and random violence. Even still, I love Chicago with all my heart! There is a lot of work that needs to be done including getting the Chicago Teachers Union out of the hands of the current leadership who are a democratic shill operation. So much power there that people don't even realize.
    I feel you. Lori is a nutjob. Someone needs to get her Beetlejuice looking ass out of there. She is making the city worse and that is evident by the school problems, the gun violence, and the cops. Gotta get some good people in power who will help out and actually fix problems, instead of creating more of them. There is a lot of love for that city, I know that. It is just a shame the people who run it and have the most power in it are creating the biggest problems. Like your title says, don't vote blue. Gotta do your research on every single person you vote for. Find people who are beyond the red vs blue nonsense. This country follows our biggest cities and they are all hurting bad right now.

TerraX1

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel you. Lori is a nutjob. Someone needs to get her Beetlejuice looking ass out of there. She is making the city worse and that is evident by the school problems, the gun violence, and the cops. Gotta get some good people in power who will help out and actually fix problems, instead of creating more of them. There is a lot of love for that city, I know that. It is just a shame the people who run it and have the most power in it are creating the biggest problems. Like your title says, don't vote blue. Gotta do your research on every single person you vote for. Find people who are beyond the red vs blue nonsense. This country follows our biggest cities and they are all hurting bad right now.
    EXCELLENTLY STATED! You are absolutely right! Word for word! We got a big fight on our hands. I been talking to people on 6zeros.net about it too.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    If I was able to give your comment a like I would have! I appreciate where you are coming from. I think gentrification is playing a large part in the culture being lost in many cities, a white washing of sorts! Chicago has lost a lot of its flavor over the years also. Somebody from New York was telling me the same thing that its not popping like it used to be just a different vibe, you know?
    That's definitely a big part of it. The flavor is being washed out by the white folks wanting to reclaim the city. Now we're being expelled to the outskirts at dizzying rates and people are fleeing their cities and local cultures to find somewhere they could afford. But I could say that I'm curious about how metro areas will change culturally for black people in the future.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm in California and we have been all the way pushed out here. A lot of the areas are either predominately White with some Asians sprinkled in or predominately Mexican with some of everyone sprinkled in. We have a couple little Black enclaves but they are losing the fight.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    In all things we must move with a sense of urgency. Sometimes it is frustrating I share on FB all kinds of historical EVIDENCE regarding how the True Blk people all over Latin America are treated like Dirt, Dog, Doo Doo. I repeatedly share about Black Residents in LA being harassed, firebombed, & forced out of their homes & communities. And some of these hardheaded “NINJAS” still Come on my page talking POC, Coalition building etc. And after I crush them with facts, I take pleasure in telling them not to feel special cause they are getting the same treatment that my Mother, Brother, dog & Dog Gone cat get if they start talking that Coalition, POC $h!t, etc
    I am so sorry that the ignorant voting practices & lack of civic involvement of many our peoples are directly effecting you in this manner.🙏🏾🙏🏾🔥👊🏾‼️👩🏽‍🎓👨🏾‍🎓 1657572507622.png

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    In all things we must move with a sense of urgency. Sometimes it is frustrating I share on FB all kinds of historical EVIDENCE regarding how the True Blk people all over Latin America are treated like Dirt, Dog, Doo Doo. I repeatedly share about Black Residents in LA being harassed, firebombed, & forced out of their homes & communities. And some of these hardheaded “NINJAS” still Come on my page talking POC, Coalition building etc. And after I crush them with facts, I take pleasure in telling them not to feel special cause they are getting the same treatment that my Mother, Brother, dog & Dog Gone cat get if they start talking that Coalition, POC $h!t, etc
    I am so sorry that the ignorant voting practices & lack of civic involvement of many our peoples are directly effecting you in this manner.🙏🏾🙏🏾🔥👊🏾‼️👩🏽‍🎓👨🏾‍🎓
    I share your frustration from across the pond -insufferable cowardly negroes and their kumbaya!👍🏿

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    I'm in California and we have been all the way pushed out here. A lot of the areas are either predominately White with some Asians sprinkled in or predominately Mexican with some of everyone sprinkled in. We have a couple little Black enclaves but they are losing the fight.
    Seems like deliberate orchestration . . hmmm, what's their (Biden administration) real end goal? It's all too reminiscent of the same tactic used to coerce the native American tribes into outta sight barren land followed by inhumane annihilation.