The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Eating At McDonald's Almost Costs As Much As Filling Up Your Gas Tank. We Used To Be A Proper Country.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
... those fries tho ...

Nowadays, I keep hearing "microplastics" in the back of my mind :) ... I try to minimize my visits there ...
If you're worried about microplatics, then you'd better avoid bottled water, canned goods (the linings are plastic), reheating your food in plastic/styrofoam containers, etc.
Microplastics are everywhere, and there are already a bunch of them in your body.
Go ahead and enjoy your fries, Bruh.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I rarely eat there anymore. If I do, it is breakfast. I sometimes get it for me and my little bro if I am going to my parents in the AM. I spend $10 but I am only getting 4 items. I remember when breakfast used to cost $6 for the two of us. A friend and I went a few weeks ago for a lunch break and between the two of us, we spent damn near $20 and hardly got any food. WTF happened? This is probably way worse in the heart of Cali. I can't even imagine the prices.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wanna get real mad, ya'll?

57567657.png
    I know we ain't ever getting back to these prices and you just know back then, the food was healthier too. As time goes on, it gets more unhealthy and more expensive. They use to fry their fries in beef fat, not vegetable oils. No wonder they tasted better when I was a kid!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wanna get real mad, ya'll?

View attachment 8453
    I know we ain't ever getting back to these prices and you just know back then, the food was healthier too. As time goes on, it gets more unhealthy and more expensive. They use to fry their fries in beef fat, not vegetable oils. No wonder they tasted better when I was a kid!
    McDonald's beef fat fries>>>>>>>>>>>>
    We could've still had the OG delicious fries, but some vegans sued McDonald's for using animal fat in their fries & hash browns.
    Vegans ruin everything.