The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Economic Unity Rant 2

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
To me, it seemed that Nike stepped up their marketing to black consumers right after the #boycottnike issue with Kyrie .. but I came to a revelation that I wanted to share ...

They know something. They know that, speaking of recent history, we have no economic unity, sense of obligation, or responsibility... They know that after the protests , hashtags, chatter dies down , the majority will go back to "the pimp" in 2 weeks, or less !

Sad commentary ....

From a business point of view, all businesses need to have a market ... Asians have their market .. guess who? The Jewish have their market , guess who ... Unfortunately, I think the banks realize our lack of in-house market , and that's one reason why they don't fund ...

My challenge this month, and every month ... Find your top discretionary spends (maybe, eating out, clothes, etc) , find a black owned alternative..

webuyblack.com, buyblackmainstreet.com, https://shopwithleslie.blog/ , obws.com .... EatOkra app ... Lots of alternatives out there ..

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I subscribed to KweliTV several years ago. I want her to win so bad.

Anyway, we have a lot of small pro Black, black businesses. That's great. The shame is the Blacks with the biggest businesses: Tyler Perry, Oprah, Robert Smith, Byron Allen, etc. aren't nearly pro Black enough. And others with big 1 percent money don't collaborate: Former BET owner Bob Johnson, Michael Jordan, etc.

Some grow the business and then sell it off like the early rap labels, or the brotha who had that shaving company that the big boys were scared of.

One of the main reasons America is scared of reparations is because they know that there are going to be more than a few Black folks who will be able to fund a business either solo or in partnerships that will be a Fortune 500 size business eventually. Not one but several. And those owners will be pro Black. It scares them sh*tless.

And at some point, Africa and Caribbean countries get reparations, there will be a few who will connect for a few global businesses with the size of any other western country. Game over. They can't let that happen.

Anyway, great post and great idea to remind us to keep buying Black and tell our circles.