The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

EMAIL SENT TO LA TIMES COLUMNIST

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Below is an email I sent to an LA TIMES COLUMNIST.
    Link to her article is at the bottom.

I'd like to take a moment to explain a perspective that you and the Democrats don't seem to get very well.

Black men just like any other voter want to be represented. We want something more than just a black face in office in return for our vote!

Long gone are the days of just voting blue no matter who. Long gone are the days of voting for a candidate just because they are black.

What should we vote for people like Manchin and Sinema? They are Democrats. Obviously, we would want better candidates.

Should we vote for Tim Scott just because he is black.

In your article you paint black men in the worst light. You point out the homelessness issue. While that is a problem that disproportionately affects us it isn't the majority of black men.

In your article you talk about increased police hiring and tough on crime policies failing to realize that most black men aren't criminals.

According to some statistics on Pew Research Center and aei.org 57% of black men make it to middle class and only 18% are at or below the poverty line.

That's a far cry from how you painted us. You literally cited a guy who was selling bootleg DVDs. There are far better representations of us you could have used and I'm certain it wouldn't have been that difficult especially when you consider that over half of black men are middle class.

Instead you find one of the worst examples and talk about crime and police as if those are our only concerns.

I have two young daughters. One of them is in high school and sometimes she walks to school. I want more police for her safety.

Black men just like everyone else just don't want bad police and want the bad ones punished and held accountable!

Another point Democrats bring up commonly when talking to black men is marijuana laws as if all or a majority of black men use marijuana.

That's a false narrative. According to an article by statista.com only as of 2019 only 26.9% of black people aged 18-25 use marijuana. For age 26 and older that statistic drops to 12.2%. That's for black people as a whole so those numbers include women too. So it's apparent that most black men aren't going around breaking the law using marijuana!

Black men aren't naive and unintelligent as you suggested.

We're smart and ambitious. Unfortunately, we live in a country that undervalues us and paints us exactly as you did in this article. The Democrats do this constantly. They talk as if prison reform, marijuana laws and police misbehavior is all we care about. They act like the only thing that affects black men is crime because we're all criminals.

Then even when elected they don't do anything about any of these issues. It's just a talking point to get our vote. Quite frankly I along with many other black men are sick of it.

It's not the Ice Cube effect. It's the quit painting us as uneducated, homeless, criminals and actually address us the way you do the rest of your constituents effect!

Just a thought.

Very Respectfully,

Deshon L Robinson
    Licensed Practical Nurse
    U.S Army Veteran
    Former Federal Law Enforcement Officer

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here is the reply sent by the COLUMNIST.
    Sounds pretty dismissive if you ask me.
    And they wonder why we don't vote for Karen Bass

Hi Deshoun.

Thanks for your email. You make good points. However, a couple of things.

First, not everyone I interviewed I quoted.

Second, I’m a Black woman with a Black father; I don’t think all Black men are “criminals” or are “unintelligent.”

Third, marijuana is legal in California, so marijuana laws are largely irrelevant here.

And fourth, I’m not sure if you’ve been following the race I actually wrote about, but the candidate that a number of Black men favored in the poll is more like Sinema or Manchin than the Black woman they apparently didn’t favor — hence my confusion.

I get your frustration, but my column was about a very specific race with very specific candidates in a very specific part of the country. Not all comparisons apply.

Have a good night.

Erika D. Smith

Columnist, Metro

Los Angeles Times

2300 E. Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Sent from my iPhone

(…so please forgive the inevitable typos)

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

I'd like to take a moment to explain a perspective that you and the Democrats don't seem to get very well.

Black men just like any other voter want to be represented. We want something more than just a black face in office in return for our vote!

Long gone are the days of just voting blue no matter who. Long gone are the days of voting for a candidate just because they are black.

What should we vote for people like Manchin and Sinema? They are Democrats. Obviously, we would want better candidates.

In your article you paint black men in the worst light. You point out the homelessness issue. While that is a problem that disproportionately affects us it isn't the majority of black men.

In your article you talk about increased police hiring and tough on crime policies failing to realize that most black men aren't criminals.

According to some statistics on Pew Research Center and aei.org 57% of black men make it to middle class and only 18% are at or below the poverty line.

That's a far cry from how you painted us. You literally cited a guy who was selling bootleg DVDs. There are far better representations of us you could have used and I'm certain it wouldn't have been that difficult especially when you consider that over half of black men are middle class.

Instead you find one of the worst examples and talk about crime and police as if those are our only concerns.

I have two young daughters. One of them is in high school and sometimes she walks to school. I want more police for her safety.

Black men just like everyone else just don't want bad police and want the bad ones punished and held accountable!

Another point Democrats bring up commonly when talking to black men is marijuana laws as if all or a majority of black men use marijuana.

That's a false narrative. According to an article by statista.com only as of 2019 only 26.9% of black people aged 18-25 use marijuana. For age 26 and older that statistic drops to 12.2%. That's for black people as a whole so those numbers include women too. So it's apparent that most black men aren't going around breaking the law using marijuana!

We're smart and ambitious. Unfortunately, we live in a country that undervalues us and paints us exactly as you did in this article. The Democrats do this constantly. They talk as if prison reform, marijuana laws and police misbehavior is all we care about. They act like the only thing that affects black men is crime because we're all criminals.

Then even when elected they don't do anything about any of these issues. It's just a talking point to get our vote. Quite frankly I along with many other black men are sick of it.

It's not the Ice Cube effect. It's the quit painting us as uneducated, homeless, criminals and actually address us the way you do the rest of your constituents effect!

Just a thought.

Very Respectfully,

Deshon L Robinson
    Licensed Practical Nurse
    U.S Army Veteran

Great response to that dismissive, racist, loser ass article.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Great response to that dismissive, racist, loser ass article.
    Her response just shows why we shouldn't vote.

She uses the excuse that she didn't quote everyone she interviewed. Let's say she interviewed 10 people only. Statistically speaking then at least 6 - 7 of them were probably a better representation. She chose the bootleg DVD salesman because it makes black men look bad.

She makes it as if just because she has a black father that dismisses everything. Candace Owens and Jesse Lee Peterson have black father and they are both pieces of sh*t! So what difference does that make?

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

Just a thought.

Very Respectfully,

Deshon L Robinson
    Licensed Practical Nurse
    U.S Army Veteran

Excellent and impactful letter! Couldn't fault it 👍🏿👊🏿

D

Deleted member 191

boom GIF

Dropped a bomb on her ass!!!

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    boom GIF

Dropped a bomb on her ass!!!
    Sadly even then with statistics and sources quoted she still doesn't get it based on her response back.
    These people in main stream media like CNN, MSNBC, LA TIMES, NY Times, and Washington Post are so out of touch with the grass roots that they don't and probably never will understand.

They view black men as poor, uneducated, unintelligent and uninformed. They don't value our opinions at all.

They feel that they will get most of black men's vote without doing anything so that can just dismiss us. The only time they care about us is in a situation where our vote may be significant enough to decide an election. Like Karen Bass and Stacey Abrams elections for example.

Even then all that offer is a trick bag. They won't offer us anything specific and substantive. Stacey Abrams was so bad about it she hid her agenda for black men. You can't even get to it from her campaign page. There is no mention or link to it. You literally have to do a Google search for "Stacey Abrams Black Men's Agenda" to get to it. She is so afraid of losing a few votes from closeted racist she hides her supposed support for black men!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sadly even then with statistics and sources quoted she still doesn't get it based on her response back.
    These people in main stream media like CNN, MSNBC, LA TIMES, NY Times, and Washington Post are so out of touch with the grass roots that they don't and probably never will understand.

They view black men as poor, uneducated, unintelligent and uninformed. They don't value our opinions at all.

They feel that they will get most of black men's vote without doing anything so that can just dismiss us. The only time they care about us is in a situation where our vote may be significant enough to decide an election. Like Karen Bass and Stacey Abrams elections for example.

Even then all that offer is a trick bag. They won't offer us anything specific and substantive. Stacey Abrams was so bad about it she hid her agenda for black men. You can't even get to it from her campaign page. There is no mention or link to it. You literally have to do a Google search for "Stacey Abrams Black Men's Agenda" to get to it. She is so afraid of losing a few votes from closeted racist she hides her supposed support for black men!
    She doesn’t have to get it. That same reporter will understand all the nuance of the Jewish struggle but none of ours? Why. Because there’s a price to pay for dismissing the Jewish plight. You get rewarded for being anti-Black.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here is the reply sent by the COLUMNIST.
    Sounds pretty dismissive if you ask me.
    And they wonder why we don't vote for Karen Bass

Hi Deshoun.

Thanks for your email. You make good points. However, a couple of things.

First, not everyone I interviewed I quoted.

Second, I’m a Black woman with a Black father; I don’t think all Black men are “criminals” or are “unintelligent.”

Third, marijuana is legal in California, so marijuana laws are largely irrelevant here.

And fourth, I’m not sure if you’ve been following the race I actually wrote about, but the candidate that a number of Black men favored in the poll is more like Sinema or Manchin than the Black woman they apparently didn’t favor — hence my confusion.

I get your frustration, but my column was about a very specific race with very specific candidates in a very specific part of the country. Not all comparisons apply.

Have a good night.

Erika D. Smith

Columnist, Metro

Los Angeles Times

2300 E. Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Sent from my iPhone

(…so please forgive the inevitable typos)
    Interesting that she said everyone she interviewed she didn't print, indicating the newsroom has a particular slight directed towards our men to garner eyeballs and to disseminate the theme for the new agenda, Black men specifically are problems. I loved your confrontation. The response reads she doesn't care, to be expected. She's not working their because she's doing us a solid. Her job is to divide so the open enemy can conquer.

Useful tool, until she's not.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I don't expect writers like her and the other so called journalists and pundits to change. What I do expect and want is for US to be vocal. I am 100 percent sure they are feeling the growing number of both black men and women being black first.

Nothing they can do is working in growing this throughout the community. A lot of these people are gonna be copping pleas.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

After these next 2 election cycles, if we don't set ourselves apart from these folks, we are going to be 4th in the hierarchy. This administration has imported more immigrants and illegals to ensure we are buried. These msm outlets are doing their job to misinform, mislead, misrepresent, and openly disrespect our men to condition the rest of the nation to do the same. They are also telegraphing a symbolic message. There are so many people happily being used to denigrate the real Choen people. Everything about this country is a lie, but the truth will come out soon. Brothers, set yourselves apart from this system. It's coming down.

This system is not changing. It's going to fall. Those major papers are owned by some of the richest people in the world. Do you know why the rich folks own all of the major media communication vehicles? So they can control the people, the money, the food, our minds which gives them all the power. These principalities in high places are never going to change their ways, so we must. We must also tear down co-conspirators. They can't keep getting passes. To betray our heads, our brothers should mean war. Babylon finna fall brothers. Get ya popcorn and be ready to stay in your houses. I'd say pick your battles wisely these days. The dominant society is about to go through some things.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    She doesn’t have to get it. That same reporter will understand all the nuance of the Jewish struggle but none of ours? Why. Because there’s a price to pay for dismissing the Jewish plight. You get rewarded for being anti-Black.
    Very true. But there is a reason they hate you all so much. From your DNA to us actually bring the chosen people described in the Bible. These folks have to lie to sustain themselves. They have been lying about us for hundreds of years. Thousands if you go all the way back to B.C. time. Why you think they stole all the books from Library of Alexandria? Why do you think they keep looking at tombs of certain biblical people? They know we da people. They stole our identity with them Khazars and Ashekenazis and took our blessings. Man, this stuff is so deep it's insane.

They hate us cause they ain't us. They hate Black men because you are God's chosen people. But we're disobedient. We worship their pagan gods, sleep with them edomite women, live unclean and not set apart from them heathens. We keep chasing and begging 5hem to accept us when the Most High done TOLD us to be set apart. We don't get it. We are going to continue to be cursed, poor, divided, and at war because we won't give them back their stuff and set ourselves apart. This site is a perfect example of that.

Negroes should be falling over themselves to be here, but nope, they love Esau, them Edomites, them Gentiles...them pilgrim's. We are the people. We should be preparing for what’s coming. Setting ourselves apart so that we can look after each other until the smoke clears. Babylon-Rome is hard-headed. Don’t waste anytime trying to convince her of anything. That's not what our men are called to do. Y'all are supposed to be building so we have a place to come and shepherding us. If you lead, we follow, but I'm done talking to folks in this place. Russia and China is gonna check the west, and our brothers need to be concerned about that. Them rich folks who own that paper gonna be just fine. Biblical prophecy is fulfilling itself at rapid pace. Only a fool can ignore it. Menfolks need to really awaken and walk in your true purpose as true Israel, the chosen people. Stop playing with the devil.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Just a thought.

Very Respectfully,

Deshon L Robinson
    Licensed Practical Nurse
    U.S Army Veteran

Here is my email to Ericka @LA Times

Hello Ms, Smith,
    What many Black families, men, women & children, are saying is that for the sake of dignity we are no longer voting for a candidate simply because the individual happens to be Black.
    Another point being made & observed by many, many Black women is that highlighting behaviors of 1 gender vs the other, especially as it relates to voting, & politics, in the Black community is an attack on Black families. We are tired of being reduced down to what equals and equates to the generic gender symbols on Restroom doors. While engaging in such attacks is anti family, and is discouraged, if you must do so then please pick another race, ethnicities, etc., as your target. Busy yourself highlighting white women, if you’ve got the guts to do so, Hispanics, etc. If you suggest that more white men should support Karen Bass then, who knows she may very well win by a landslide. If Bass or Abrams can’t win more white voters, this is not the fault of Black families, but rather the incompetence of the respective campaign team of each candidate. Each politician promises or commits to nothing in the interest of Black families, so we owe them nothing.

Finally Images of Karen Bass, Stacy Abrams, & other useless Black politicians showing up at cultural celebrations of various ethnicities dancing, making campaign promises & “kissing the baby” of these other peoples, while negating and refusing to acknowledge Black people & our demands is cringe worthy and sickening. However since Abrams, Bass & others think this is a winning strategy I encourage you via your platform to encourage them to engage in more of the same. Please don’t hesitate to do so and please know that Black families are eager to see more of such foolishness, and continue attempting to “drive a wedge” between Black families.
    Sincerely
    p L emanuel
    Sent from my iPhone

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Here is my email to Ericka @LA Times

Hello Ms, Smith,
    What many Black families, men, women & children, are saying is that for the sake of dignity we are no longer voting for a candidate simply because the individual happens to be Black.
    Another point being made & observed by many, many Black women is that highlighting behaviors of 1 gender vs the other, especially as it relates to voting, & politics, in the Black community is an attack on Black families. We are tired of being reduced down to what equals and equates to the generic gender symbols on Restroom doors. While engaging in such attacks is anti family, and is discouraged, if you must do so then please pick another race, ethnicities, etc., as your target. Busy yourself highlighting white women, if you’ve got the guts to do so, Hispanics, etc. If you suggest that more white men should support Karen Bass then, who knows she may very well win by a landslide. If Bass or Abrams can’t win more white voters, this is not the fault of Black families, but rather the incompetence of the respective campaign team of each candidate. Each politician promises or commits to nothing in the interest of Black families, so we owe them nothing.

Finally Images of Karen Bass, Stacy Abrams, & other useless Black politicians showing up at cultural celebrations of various ethnicities dancing, making campaign promises & “kissing the baby” of these other peoples, while negating and refusing to acknowledge Black people & our demands is cringe worthy and sickening. However since Abrams, Bass & others think this is a winning strategy I encourage you via your platform to encourage them to engage in more of the same. Please don’t hesitate to do so and please know that Black families are eager to see more of such foolishness, and continue attempting to “drive a wedge” between Black families.
    Sincerely
    p L emanuel
    Sent from my iPhone
    Aśe 👍🏿👊🏿

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Absolutely. I have always said that. Being anti-black is a billion dollar plus business in the United States. Look at people like Tucker Carlson, Candance Owens, Officer Tatum, and Jesse Lee Peterson. Most of these I listed are black and get paid handsomely to speak anti-black rhetoric and talking points.
    It's not even that they believe what they are saying or are so naïve that they don't realize the truth about racism in America. It's that they get paid to pretend that they don't!

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    After these next 2 election cycles, if we don't set ourselves apart from these folks, we are going to be 4th in the hierarchy. This administration has imported more immigrants and illegals to ensure we are buried. These msm outlets are doing their job to misinform, mislead, misrepresent, and openly disrespect our men to condition the rest of the nation to do the same. They are also telegraphing a symbolic message. There are so many people happily being used to denigrate the real Choen people. Everything about this country is a lie, but the truth will come out soon. Brothers, set yourselves apart from this system. It's coming down.

This system is not changing. It's going to fall. Those major papers are owned by some of the richest people in the world. Do you know why the rich folks own all of the major media communication vehicles? So they can control the people, the money, the food, our minds which gives them all the power. These principalities in high places are never going to change their ways, so we must. We must also tear down co-conspirators. They can't keep getting passes. To betray our heads, our brothers should mean war. Babylon finna fall brothers. Get ya popcorn and be ready to stay in your houses. I'd say pick your battles wisely these days. The dominant society is about to go through some things.
    That's already on the way. We are set to be 4th in the hierarchy. There is little we can do to prevent it at this point.
    The sad thing is the that policies that most black people have supported have led to that.
    Support for abortion. How many more young black citizens that would have been more informed and had their eyes open have we lost. Black women have led the country in abortion even though we are a smaller percentage of the population.

We have supported pro immigration policies which are bringing in people to displace out vote.

The Democrats plan all along has been to appease us, not outright be racist, and keep getting out vote until they no longer need it.

They are close to the point now where they don't need it so that is why we're starting to see them be more and more anti-black.

What are we to do once they don't need that vote? There will be two parties both of which will be fiercely anti-black! Once we aren't needed for them to maintain power we will be of no use and we will be treated horribly at that point.

Anti-black laws will be passed. What little protections we gained through civil rights will be rolled back. We will be killed by police even more and no matter how much we march and protest we will be ignored and likely locked up or even more of us killed.

Why? Because they won't need our vote to win elections at that point. So there is no longer a reason to appease us.

That's what the country is really coming to! A pure openly anti-black racist country. Much like apartheid in South Africa but worse!

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Stacey Abrams was so bad about it she hid her agenda for black men. You can't even get to it from her campaign page. There is no mention or link to it. You literally have to do a Google search for "Stacey Abrams Black Men's Agenda" to get to it. She is so afraid of losing a few votes from closeted racist she hides her supposed support for black men!
    And "Stacey Abrams Black Men's Agenda" is just a "Lift All Boats" Agenda for Everyone. So either way, she messed up.

Yet these same non-Blacks, white Jewish, and whites along with these traitorous Black sellouts love dismissing the plight of Foundational Black Americans and Freedmen. Screw these racist white Jewish and Israelis forever for how they did their fellow Black Jewish Whoopi Goldberg and threw her to the wolves when all she said was, "It (referring to The Holocaust) was not about race, it was about man's inhumanity to man," which is what these white Jewish people have been saying forever until a fellow Black Jewish person agreed with them publicly. White folks killing each other is not racism and they know it. If anything, claiming that whites folks killing other white folks is racism both undermines and makes a mockery of the very real racism on all fronts that we Black Americans have faced and continue to face. No one else's plight compares to the 467+ year old Black one and that is an indisputable fact.

You're correct with everything you've said. All we can do is prepare for the collapse and get ready for the blatant disrespect and blatant genocide.
    Fixed and added that for you.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Absolutely not.

They always bring up Native Americans. I lived in Louisiana where there were lots of native Americans and they can cut their hair and pass for white. There is no way to know they are native American unless they say something! The same is true with lots if other races.

There are may Hispanics that can pass for being white.

Black people don't have that luxury. Heck I'm about as light complected a black person as it gets and I won't ever be able to pass for white (not that I would want to).

But my point is that we can't get around racism because the hate for us is rooted in our skin. We always have and always will endure far worse racism and hatred than any other group of people ever have in history.

And what's worse is that they profit from it. They used to feed the slaves trash. Hog guts, and pig feet, neck bones. Pretty much all the crap that got threw out and the slave master didn't want.

We created soul food from that. Now you go in the stores and find companies selling hog chitlins, pig feets and all these things making millions.

It's sad but at the same time enraging!