App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Is a new form of anti-blackness developing in the black community and specifically the black conscience community? What could be the effects of letting such a mindset fester? Let's delve into that on today's segment of Equis Rants.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Anti-Blackness in the Black Movement....bruhhh no you didn't. I can't listen right now because I'm prepping for a Twitter space but lord...you went there.

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Anti-Blackness in the Black Movement....bruhhh no you didn't. I can't listen right now because I'm prepping for a Twitter space but lord...you went there.

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off
    Lol, I had to! Someone's gotta bring it up. One thing about anti-blackness people don't recognize is it'll take different forms and people will say different things to justify it. But at the end of the day, they're just excuses to hate other people that look like us and project anti-black sentiments outwards.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We are still playing carrying out the White man's duties , and we are still Addicted to White values ... We want to compete with our own, make ourselves look good at others expense, obliterate, play the court jester for white illusion / become their entertainment ...

Sickening ... And this has been the same for years.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I got some gripes with some of the things in this.

• The nationalism was started by the Black immigrants not the Black Americans. The cause is the “I ain’t these akatas” talk the effect is the tribalism.
    • I feel like there’s some bias towards the non-Black Americans and reduction of their part of this whole situation.
    But I agree outside of that. I feel like I’m your words you walk a fine line between not going to hard on the non-Black Americans.

The tribalism nonsense has gotta go and Ogun juice sniffers sound stupid when they say that Africans and Caribbeans are not Black.

But this is the effect of cooning coming from outside of the country and if we not looking at it from that perspective I don’t think we can get on the same page.

You hit on both points but it felt like you was defending the Black immigrants at some points and the calling them out too.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    We are still playing carrying out the White man's duties , and we are still Addicted to White values ... We want to compete with our own, make ourselves look good at others expense, obliterate, play the court jester for white illusion / become their entertainment ...

Sickening ... And this has been the same for years.

That's why it's an important to examine ourselves to check these self destructive patterns when they arise. The programming runs deep so the deprogramming must run deeper

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is a new form of anti-blackness developing in the black community and specifically the black conscience community? What could be the effects of letting such a mindset fester? Let's delve into that on today's segment of Equis Rants.

Brother? This has been simmering since the mid 90s but now it is at a boiling point. But I do get heated when I hear black immigrants say we dont deserve reparations when this is a running debt that is still owned. The undermining and butting in FBA affairs needs to stop. Otherwise as long as thtey are on code I get along with them.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I got some gripes with some of the things in this.

• The nationalism was started by the Black immigrants not the Black Americans. The cause is the “I ain’t these akatas” talk the effect is the tribalism.
    • I feel like there’s some bias towards the non-Black Americans and reduction of their part of this whole situation.
    But I agree outside of that. I feel like I’m your words you walk a fine line between not going to hard on the non-Black Americans.

The tribalism nonsense has gotta go and Ogun juice sniffers sound stupid when they say that Africans and Caribbeans are not Black.

But this is the effect of cooning coming from outside of the country and if we not looking at it from that perspective I don’t think we can get on the same page.

You hit on both points but it felt like you was defending the Black immigrants at some points and the calling them out too.
    I could see that perspective, but I'm speaking from my raw perspective as growing up black and Hebrew Israelite in America. I didn't grow up viewing black people as different national enclaves, but rather as different expressions of the same group of people. So for me it's just cooning and the same anti-blackness no matter what nationality, but being American is going to affect my focus.
    It's a misnomer to throw all non-FBA into one category, nor is it an accurate portrayal of how the diaspora should be categorized. For example, since I'm not Nigerian, I can't speak much on the akata thing. As opposed to FBA and non-FBA, I view our people in these two groups; those who descend from the transatlantic slave trade (here in the West) and those who didn't (primarily in Africa). So speaking as someone with Jamaican heritage I view Jamaican nationalism the same way that I view American nationalism. At least with Nigerians they have a tie to the land, but in Jamaica, the USA, and all other countries in the West, to be nationalist means you identify with the lands of our enslavement. Black people from all these countries use this nationalistic pride to divide and bicker amongst ourselves and try to put down one another on the basis of which lands the slave ships dropped us. I make no excuse for any groups of blacks identifying with these nations carved from European colonies. I'm very much aware of the diaspora wars taking place and try to be cognisant of being fair to the traumas that people have dealt with that have caused these divisions, but I still call for a refocusing of perspective.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Brother? This has been simmering since the mid 90s but now it is at a boiling point. But I do get heated when I hear black immigrants say we dont deserve reparations when this is a running debt that is still owned. The undermining and butting in FBA affairs needs to stop. Otherwise as long as thtey are on code I get along with them.
    Those black immigrants that speak that way are coons. I'd go as far as to say a majority of blacks across the diaspora have this selfish and destructive mindset where they despise the idea of other blacks that aren't them winning. So it goes back to the issue of the coons vs the riders.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those black immigrants that speak that way are coons. I'd go as far as to say a majority of blacks across the diaspora have this selfish and destructive mindset where they despise the idea of other blacks that aren't them winning. So it goes back to the issue of the coons vs the riders.
    Jackpot!!!!

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Jackpot!!!!
    I do definitely believe that we need to break down certain things before we build. It's crucial that we talk within the black community about traumas that we've inflicted on each other so that going forward we could build together. The issues arise when it turns from discussing and addressing grievances we have amongst ourselves to declaring each other the enemies. I'm glad to see these conversations across the diaspora with the goal of understanding, but when people take that conversation far left is when things take a turn for the worse.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I do definitely believe that we need to break down certain things before we build. It's crucial that we talk within the black community about traumas that we've inflicted on each other so that going forward we could build together. The issues arise when it turns from discussing and addressing grievances we have amongst ourselves to declaring each other the enemies. I'm glad to see these conversations across the diaspora with the goal of understanding, but when people take that conversation far left is when things take a turn for the worse.
    Our parents & grandparents were traumatized as well, during slavery & just trying to survive & exist their daily lives.
    It was passed down to us & we can get through our pain together, but we have to exile or eliminate the traitors & infiltrators, before we can begin to rebuild.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Our parents & grandparents were traumatized as well, during slavery & just trying to survive & exist their daily lives.
    It was passed down to us & we can get through our pain together, but we have to exile or eliminate the traitors & infiltrators, before we can begin to rebuild.
    I agree, because they'll keep poisoning the well and creating more trauma and division amongst us. I encourage pushing those with a treasonous mindset to the boneyards where they belong.