App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
A new episode of Equis Rants. A new segment on The Black Narrative where we're able to discuss various topics in the black community in a nuanced and informal way. Today we discuss the importance of being challenged.

HeffDawg

Sixer
Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I agree with the need to disagree. White people disagree with each other and let the best ideas rise to the top. A lot of suckas in our community only want the most popular ideas to rise to the top. Whoever has more followers wins rather than who has the best idea.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Definitely true in these times when you have the nasheedians calling anyone who disagrees a tether. BTW I heard the background track on skinemax back in 2002.
    The track was made by a brother of mine, so he probably used a similar samples. But you hit on a good point. I'm tired of down brothers and sisters being called coons for not drinking the coolaid of these leaders who play the roles of Pastors of Consciousness. They'll bring smoke to those of us who want to see the community grow, and then turn around and pay for pampers for Tariq's kid even though dude got money.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I agree with the need to disagree. White people disagree with each other and let the best ideas rise to the top. A lot of suckas in our community only want the most popular ideas to rise to the top. Whoever has more followers wins rather than who has the best idea.
    Great point. Often times ides in our community work in this popularity contest kind of way. You'll have people who believe in these narratives and ideas and you ask them to break it down to you and they can't. Heck, most people don't even practice what they're preaching. That's why a big step is pushing the blind following mindset out the way.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The track was made by a brother of mine, so he probably used a similar samples. But you hit on a good point. I'm tired of down brothers and sisters being called coons for not drinking the coolaid of these leaders who play the roles of Pastors of Consciousness. They'll bring smoke to those of us who want to see the community grow, and then turn around and pay for pampers for Tariq's kid even though dude got money.
    Pastors of Consciousness is spot on and these niggas letting themselves be shepherded. Some of think they evolved beyond the church folks but they haven’t them niggas just changed who the pastor is.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Pastors of Consciousness is spot on and these niggas letting themselves be shepherded. Some of think they evolved beyond the church folks but they haven’t them niggas just changed who the pastor is.
    Goes to show how deep rooted these behaviors are. All a person gotta do is "talk good" and our people are sucked in.