The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Evander Holyfield came out of retirement for boxing match against Vitor Belfort

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I heard recently that Evander Holyfield decided to take a boxing match against Vitor Belfort, because Belfort's original opponent had to back out. Evander is 58 years old though and isn't looking like a pro boxer anymore. He recently was recorded training, and I guess he looked slow and sluggish. Kinda like a 58 year old retired boxer would. Belfort is 44 years old, which makes him 14 years younger than Holyfield.

I thought at first it was going to be an exhibition, but it seems it could be a legit bout instead.

How do you think this fight is going to end up going? Belfort is an MMA fighter, so I don't think he has much history as a boxer. So it could go either way. But, if Holyfield shows up to fight and is ready, I could see him going over.

Discuss what you guys think of this matchup.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is tough because of the age, MMA practitioners usually have mediocre hands so I would expect Holyfield to win but the 14 year age difference is nothing to underestimate.

At the end of the day I expect it to be a circus bout, I’m not expecting to see good clean boxing, just a side show.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    This is tough because of the age, MMA practitioners usually have mediocre hands so I would expect Holyfield to win but the 14 year age difference is nothing to underestimate.

At the end of the day I expect it to be a circus bout, I’m not expecting to see good clean boxing, just a side show.
    Yeah that is what I'm seeing here. I don't see these guys going out to bash each others faces in, but they will make it a slow affair in the ring for all the rounds. I have no clue how many rounds this fight is going, but I am going to assume it'll go via decision and Vitor will probably end up winning.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah that is what I'm seeing here. I don't see these guys going out to bash each others faces in, but they will make it a slow affair in the ring for all the rounds. I have no clue how many rounds this fight is going, but I am going to assume it'll go via decision and Vitor will probably end up winning.
    Yes, the thing with these events is that rigging them really has no consequence. It's a one and done so I I can see Vitor being made the winner so they can get a circus tour going on with him fighting other people.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Turned out to be a stupid fight. Holyfield didn't last too long, as he was rocked by Belfort early on. Holyfield didn't belong in the ring, at least not anymore. The company who ran this event should be ashamed to put a retired fighter in this condition into a ring. Belfort was fine, considering he's 14 years younger.

here's the fight if you want to see for yourself. Not sure how they thought it was a good idea to make this fight.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

It’s going to be a stupid fight. I’ll watch if I ain’t got nuthin else to do
    You two called it:
    Turned out to be a stupid fight. Holyfield didn't last too long, as he was rocked by Belfort early on. Holyfield didn't belong in the ring, at least not anymore. The company who ran this event should be ashamed to put a retired fighter in this condition into a ring. Belfort was fine, considering he's 14 years younger.

here's the fight if you want to see for yourself. Not sure how they thought it was a good idea to make this fight.