The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Ever got into a class action lawsuit?

zBucks
Have you ever received mail, or even an email indicating you were to receive money for a class action lawsuit? I actually got one and was paid out a small sum, nothing big, less than like $500 haha. It had to do with a previous job I had. Supposedly the reason for it, was because they would require you to clock in, set up your workstation etc, and I guess some workers weren't happy about that portion of work not being part of your paid working hours. So a group of them filed a case against them and here we are.

Anyway, I got an email saying I qualified for a small sum of money. I ignored it. Months later I got a check in the mail. Of course I cashed it, needed the money at the time anyway. And I verified it was real before I cashed it, because I've heard horror stories of people cashing random checks they get and later turned out to be a fraudulent check that you then have to pay back. So yeah, I was very cautious.

Have you ever been included in a class action lawsuit even though you never even heard about a case happening? I didn't think they'd send me a check either, because I thought if I ignored it, they would think I was declining to be a part of it. But I guess it's the other way around where if you don't respond, you are paid and therefore can't go against them later in a court case or something.

With that being said, have you ever been included in a class action lawsuit?