The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Ever have the annoying/Karen like neighbors?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
Has there ever been a time where you had to deal with annoying neighbors? Either they're loud and obnosious, or maybe they're like your typical Karens, who are always making a fuss about something on your own property. About 15 years ago I used to live in this apartment complex with my mom. We had these white neighbors who were always on our asses. Constantly complaining about things we were doing.

Now, keep in mind, we didn't make a lot of noise, since we were in an area with a lot of elderly tenants. But these neighbors were much younger, likely in their 40s maybe, idk. Anyway, they would always throw a fit whenever we left and came back. I guess they could hear us close the door. It's not like we ever slammed it or anything, so I never got what their problem was.

Anyway, they were always on us about making noise, and after a while they just flat out started to say racist shit about us, like we weren't meant to be there and we should move. The usual stuff. We just usually ignored them and went back in or left to wherever we were going.

I'm sure some of ya's have dealt with the obnoxious karen like neighbors. Any horror stories you'd like to share?

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have lived in communities like this. I lived under a suspected white supremacist couple. The wife would constantly complain about me while I played my PS3. I would hit the controller very loudly. After she started complaining I just did it more just to get on their nerves. I never heard anything from the management. Six months later I moved to NC for a year.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have lived in communities like this. I lived under a suspected white supremacist couple. The wife would constantly complain about me while I played my PS3. I would hit the controller very loudly. After she started complaining I just did it more just to get on their nerves. I never heard anything from the management. Six months later I moved to NC for a year.
    I had a downstairs neighbor like that who used always bang on their ceiling and stuff...they also called the cops on me twice. One day they banged super hard when I was playing the bass guitar so I took 3 bluetooth speakers and aimed them on the floor in the bathroom, in the bedroom, and in the living room. I put trash cans and towels on them to muffle the sound so that all the sound waves went through the floor. Then I bumped Barry Manilow Copacabana real loud all day. I also made sure that each speaker was playing the song at a different part so that it wasn't like a surround sound Capacabana-a-thon that they could tune out. They had 3 different feeds of Copabana for 8 hours...I felt so petty but it was amazing.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

I had a downstairs neighbor like that who used always bang on their ceiling and stuff...they also called the cops on me twice. One day they banged super hard when I was playing the bass guitar so I took 3 bluetooth speakers and aimed them on the floor in the bathroom, in the bedroom, and in the living room. I put trash cans and towels on them to muffle the sound so that all the sound waves went through the floor. Then I bumped Barry Manilow Copacabana real loud all day. I also made sure that each speaker was playing the song at a different part so that it wasn't like a surround sound Capacabana-a-thon that they could tune out. They had 3 different feeds of Copabana for 8 hours...I felt so petty but it was amazing.
    I troll these devils on the daily. They really hate loud rap music. That KD3 stays loud in my car.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know many say that it's best to be around other Black people, but unfortunately there is no shortage of non-Black Karens and Kyles even in predominately Black areas. There is almost no possible way to escape these vermin unless we find an effective way to divest from this system. As much as the media loves talking about all of this so-called "Black on Black crime", you got racist white junkies that steal, beg, dirty up, loiter, harass, and commit crimes in our cities and towns.

You got the racist, fake friendly "poor" whites that live in or get housed in our neighborhoods and refuse to leave and only stay to stir up trouble in our neighborhoods with their caucasity and poor character. With these rank and file Karens (no matter where you live), you may end up finding yourself in court, fighting for peace that was robbed from you, or having the police and government agencies involved as your livelihood, income and savings, family's well-being and stability, and quality of life declines rapidly. Yes, it can get that bad.

You also got the non-Blacks and whites who live elsewhere yet they patrol, monitor, police and work in our neighborhoods under the guise of "serving us" while they are there to mostly serve themselves. You also got the racist non-Blacks (certain Asians, Latinos, etc.) in our neighborhoods that look down on and discriminate against us. Black people do not have a safe space in this anti-Black racist world. We won't have a safe space until enough of us get on code and until anti-Black racism is taken much more seriously and becomes a punishable offense that is consistently enforced. Even the continent of Africa is no longer a safe space since the non-Blacks found ways to ruin and run things there.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Also, I hate to say this, but beware of the Black raccoonish Karens and Kens as well. They tend to be less common, but I've had relatives run into them as well unfortunately. They emulate the toxic behavior of the white and non-Black Karens and Kyles too and they can be a nuisance as well, no matter how poor or well-to-do they are.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know many say that it's best to be around other Black people, but unfortunately there is no shortage of non-Black Karens and Kyles even in predominately Black areas. There is almost no possible way to escape these vermin unless we find an effective way to divest from this system. As much as the media loves talking about all of this so-called "Black on Black crime", you got racist white junkies that steal, beg, dirty up, loiter, harass, and commit crimes in our cities and towns.

You got the racist, fake friendly "poor" whites that live in or get housed in our neighborhoods and refuse to leave and only stay to stir up trouble in our neighborhoods with their caucasity and poor character. With these rank and file Karens (no matter where you live), you may end up finding yourself in court, fighting for peace that was robbed from you, or having the police and government agencies involved as your livelihood, income and savings, family's well-being and stability, and quality of life declines rapidly. Yes, it can get that bad.

You also got the non-Blacks and whites who live elsewhere yet they patrol, monitor, police and work in our neighborhoods under the guise of "serving us" while they are there to mostly serve themselves. You also got the racist non-Blacks (certain Asians, Latinos, etc.) in our neighborhoods that look down on and discriminate against us. Black people do not have a safe space in this anti-Black racist world. We won't have a safe space until enough of us get on code and until anti-Black racism is taken much more seriously and becomes a punishable offense that is consistently enforced. Even the continent of Africa is no longer a safe space since the non-Blacks found ways to ruin and run things there.
    You Can Do It Point GIF by UFC

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Has there ever been a time where you had to deal with annoying neighbors? Either they're loud and obnosious, or maybe they're like your typical Karens, who are always making a fuss about something on your own property. About 15 years ago I used to live in this apartment complex with my mom. We had these white neighbors who were always on our asses. Constantly complaining about things we were doing.

Now, keep in mind, we didn't make a lot of noise, since we were in an area with a lot of elderly tenants. But these neighbors were much younger, likely in their 40s maybe, idk. Anyway, they would always throw a fit whenever we left and came back. I guess they could hear us close the door. It's not like we ever slammed it or anything, so I never got what their problem was.

Anyway, they were always on us about making noise, and after a while they just flat out started to say racist shit about us, like we weren't meant to be there and we should move. The usual stuff. We just usually ignored them and went back in or left to wherever we were going.

I'm sure some of ya's have dealt with the obnoxious karen like neighbors. Any horror stories you'd like to share?
    They also claim that you should keep a daily journal and document any and all hostile and questionable actions just in case you need to take their asses to court and legally defend yourself.

Linda Jones

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    😂

zBucks
    Can you imagine how sucky it must be for anyone actually named Karen? mjlol

But seriously, Karens or Kyles as I heard in here, are annoying. I've dealt with a few karens in my life. Nothing on the level of the ones you see in the news or on YouTube being outed, but I have been asked to leave a certain area because I don't look like a tenant or I look too suspicious.

There are Karens from all walks of life, but I've mostly encountered the white ones, and one asian dude many years ago.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Funny you say this, as I was at walmart the other day and had to deal with this entitled douchebag. He was on about how long I was taking at the self-checkout, but the checkout was having issues and I couldn't help it any. He mumbled quietly saying something, not sure what he said, but I'm pretty sure he was talking shit about me. I ignored him after he starting huffing about how long it was taking. No one has patience anymore, like damn.

BrAz3n$0ul

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The first problem I have with this is you "IGNORED THEM"???? What in the entire fuck???? You didn't get any recordings? You didn't file any charges? Why in the fuck are you crying about this shit now here? I have zero sympathy if you lay down and let yourself be a victim. They should have been scared to death to open their mouths against you ever again!

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Years ago before I bought my house, my wife and I rented a house that happened to have some bikers living there. I worked graveyard and my wife worked days so I always hated leaving her and my kids alone with them right next door.(these were houses) but I always had something in the house for her to use, just in case.
    These idiots would keep her up at night with the damn bikes, all of their friends coming through all hours of the night and I would hear them all day when I tried to sleep. I asked a few times if they could stop revving their bikes after 10 pm, but they ignored me, so... before I'd go to work, I'd sprinkle wood nails all over their driveway . eventually, we moved, because I knew things were only going to get worse if I stayed, this went on for over a year. once we were out of there I waited a few weeks, my brother and I watched them for a few weekends to see when we could issue a little payback.
    caught them slipping one night and bought a few cans of paint stripper the aerosol kind and sprayed every one of their bikes, these were Harleys with custom tanks and custom paint jobs. I wish I could've seen their faces when they saw their bikes.